Immortality -- a fate worse than death. -- Edgar A. Shoaff

interests / soc.culture.china / Democracy Is Already Dying in the States

SubjectAuthor
* Democracy Is Already Dying in the Statesltlee1
`* Re: Democracy Is Already Dying in the States [Say Democrats (?)]A. Filip
 +* Re: Democracy Is Already Dying in the States [Say Democrats (?)]ltlee1
 |`* Re: Democracy Is Already Dying in the States [Say Democrats (?)]A. Filip
 | `* Re: Democracy Is Already Dying in the States [Say Democrats (?)]ltlee1
 |  `* Re: Democracy Is Already Dying in the States [Say Democrats (?)]A. Filip
 |   `- Re: Democracy Is Already Dying in the States [Say Democrats (?)]ltlee1
 `- Re: Democracy Is Already Dying in the States [Say Democrats (?)]Byker

1
Democracy Is Already Dying in the States

<b70f407e-579c-4f30-a0c2-cfe53b46fae2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2628&group=soc.culture.china#2628

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 13:21:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Democracy Is Already Dying in the States
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 20:21 UTC

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/06/manchin-republicans-bipartisan/619167/

"While Senator Joe Manchin is demanding that both parties agree on any further federal voting-rights legislation, a new study quantifies how completely Republicans have excluded Democrats from the passage of the restrictive voting laws proliferating in red states.

In places such as Florida, Georgia, Arizona, Iowa, Kansas, and Montana, the most restrictive laws approved this year have passed on total or near-complete party-line votes, with almost all state legislative Republicans voting for the bills and nearly all Democrats uniting against them, according to an analysis of state voting records provided exclusively to The Atlantic by the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU."

American officials always claim the US as a DEMOCRACY. Is it?

Re: Democracy Is Already Dying in the States [Say Democrats (?)]

<anfi+ykmdclmkrf-l6c6@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2639&group=soc.culture.china#2639

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: Democracy Is Already Dying in the States [Say Democrats (?)]
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 07:15:32 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:eNrS3GqPDjXNT/Vdo/8NJJaoHOk=
 by: A. Filip - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 07:15 UTC

ltlee1 <ltlee1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/06/manchin-republicans-bipartisan/619167/
>
> "While Senator Joe Manchin is demanding that both parties agree on any
> further federal voting-rights legislation, a new study quantifies how
> completely Republicans have excluded Democrats from the passage of the
> restrictive voting laws proliferating in red states.
>
> In places such as Florida, Georgia, Arizona, Iowa, Kansas, and
> Montana, the most restrictive laws approved this year have passed on
> total or near-complete party-line votes, with almost all state
> legislative Republicans voting for the bills and nearly all Democrats
> uniting against them, according to an analysis of state voting records
> provided exclusively to The Atlantic by the Brennan Center for Justice
> at NYU."
>
> American officials always claim the US as a DEMOCRACY. Is it?

Could you "detail" the restrictions?

IMHO *At first look* they look like reasonable voting fraud prevention
measures. Second impression "may be different" but so far nobody really
cared to sell such impression to "non usanesse" target groups IMHO.

Without US (long) history of denying voting rights to "colored" I would
look for the second impression much less harder.
--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| A healthy male adult bore consumes each year one and a half times
| his own weight in other people's patience. (John Updike)

Re: Democracy Is Already Dying in the States [Say Democrats (?)]

<b9c87c0a-60fe-413b-8812-afb722d80ccen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2640&group=soc.culture.china#2640

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 01:41:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 08:41 UTC

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 3:16:21 AM UTC-4, A. Filip wrote:
> ltlee1 wrote:
> > https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/06/manchin-republicans-bipartisan/619167/
> >
> > "While Senator Joe Manchin is demanding that both parties agree on any
> > further federal voting-rights legislation, a new study quantifies how
> > completely Republicans have excluded Democrats from the passage of the
> > restrictive voting laws proliferating in red states.
> >
> > In places such as Florida, Georgia, Arizona, Iowa, Kansas, and
> > Montana, the most restrictive laws approved this year have passed on
> > total or near-complete party-line votes, with almost all state
> > legislative Republicans voting for the bills and nearly all Democrats
> > uniting against them, according to an analysis of state voting records
> > provided exclusively to The Atlantic by the Brennan Center for Justice
> > at NYU."
> >
> > American officials always claim the US as a DEMOCRACY. Is it?
> Could you "detail" the restrictions?
>
> IMHO *At first look* they look like reasonable voting fraud prevention
> measures. Second impression "may be different" but so far nobody really
> cared to sell such impression to "non usanesse" target groups IMHO.
>
> Without US (long) history of denying voting rights to "colored" I would
> look for the second impression much less harder.
>
> --
> A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> | A healthy male adult bore consumes each year one and a half times
> | his own weight in other people's patience. (John Updike)

More germane to the title of "Democracy Is Already Dying in the States" is the absence of bipartisanship.
Instead of "We the people," the states are operating on "We the GOPs" and "We the Democrats" principle.

America defines democracy on voting rights. No "We the People" on this issue means no democracy.

Re: Democracy Is Already Dying in the States [Say Democrats (?)]

<anfi+es97bhvkef-l6c6@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2641&group=soc.culture.china#2641

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 09:00:08 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:sZDMsCSurqmpc79nDY6FP4LRWws=
 by: A. Filip - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 09:00 UTC

ltlee1 <ltlee1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 3:16:21 AM UTC-4, A. Filip wrote:
>> ltlee1 wrote:
>> > https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/06/manchin-republicans-bipartisan/619167/
>> >
>> > "While Senator Joe Manchin is demanding that both parties agree on any
>> > further federal voting-rights legislation, a new study quantifies how
>> > completely Republicans have excluded Democrats from the passage of the
>> > restrictive voting laws proliferating in red states.
>> >
>> > In places such as Florida, Georgia, Arizona, Iowa, Kansas, and
>> > Montana, the most restrictive laws approved this year have passed on
>> > total or near-complete party-line votes, with almost all state
>> > legislative Republicans voting for the bills and nearly all Democrats
>> > uniting against them, according to an analysis of state voting records
>> > provided exclusively to The Atlantic by the Brennan Center for Justice
>> > at NYU."
>> >
>> > American officials always claim the US as a DEMOCRACY. Is it?
>> Could you "detail" the restrictions?
>>
>> IMHO *At first look* they look like reasonable voting fraud prevention
>> measures. Second impression "may be different" but so far nobody really
>> cared to sell such impression to "non usanesse" target groups IMHO.
>>
>> Without US (long) history of denying voting rights to "colored" I would
>> look for the second impression much less harder.
>
> More germane to the title of "Democracy Is Already Dying in the
> States" is the absence of bipartisanship. Instead of "We the people,"
> the states are operating on "We the GOPs" and "We the Democrats"
> principle.
>
> America defines democracy on voting rights. No "We the People" on this
> issue means no democracy.

It had not changed from "We the white men (WASP)" in a day :-)

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| Personally, I don't often talk about social good because when I
| hear other people talk about social good, that's when I reach for
| my revolver. (Eric Raymond)

Re: Democracy Is Already Dying in the States [Say Democrats (?)]

<3d48e3fa-17a0-4799-8e2f-14c19929ee5fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2642&group=soc.culture.china#2642

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 02:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 09:30 UTC

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 5:00:59 AM UTC-4, A. Filip wrote:
> ltlee1 <ltl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> Could you "detail" the restrictions?
> >>
> >> IMHO *At first look* they look like reasonable voting fraud prevention
> >> measures. Second impression "may be different" but so far nobody really
> >> cared to sell such impression to "non usanesse" target groups IMHO.
> >>
> >> Without US (long) history of denying voting rights to "colored" I would
> >> look for the second impression much less harder.
> >
> > More germane to the title of "Democracy Is Already Dying in the
> > States" is the absence of bipartisanship. Instead of "We the people,"
> > the states are operating on "We the GOPs" and "We the Democrats"
> > principle.
> >
> > America defines democracy on voting rights. No "We the People" on this
> > issue means no democracy.
> It had not changed from "We the white men (WASP)" in a day :-)

Is it still a democracy?
Can "We the white men (WASP)" compete?
> --
> A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> | Personally, I don't often talk about social good because when I
> | hear other people talk about social good, that's when I reach for
> | my revolver. (Eric Raymond)

Re: Democracy Is Already Dying in the States [Say Democrats (?)]

<anfi+jojpqqd05f-l6c6@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2645&group=soc.culture.china#2645

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 10:02:52 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:CIXCCjap5Kw52gA7vdCIP5GDrlQ=
 by: A. Filip - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 10:02 UTC

ltlee1 <ltlee1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 5:00:59 AM UTC-4, A. Filip wrote:
>> ltlee1 <ltl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> > More germane to the title of "Democracy Is Already Dying in the
>> > States" is the absence of bipartisanship. Instead of "We the people,"
>> > the states are operating on "We the GOPs" and "We the Democrats"
>> > principle.
>> >
>> > America defines democracy on voting rights. No "We the People" on this
>> > issue means no democracy.
>> It had not changed from "We the white men (WASP)" in a day :-)
>
> Is it still a democracy?
> Can "We the white men (WASP)" compete?

You do not have to be good. It is enough to be the best ;-)

USA seems to be "pretty good" in bigger democracies class. I do
consider Swiss direct democracy to be The Best Worldwide but Switzerland
is much smaller. USA is not ideal if you care to take a closer look.

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| A lot of people I know believe in positive thinking, and so do I.
| I believe everything positively stinks. (Lew Col)

Re: Democracy Is Already Dying in the States [Say Democrats (?)]

<7d55b62c-db5f-48fc-983e-f7dfbcdd5d32n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2646&group=soc.culture.china#2646

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 03:28:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 10:28 UTC

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 6:02:54 AM UTC-4, A. Filip wrote:
> ltlee1 wrote:

> >> It had not changed from "We the white men (WASP)" in a day :-)
> >
> > Is it still a democracy?
> > Can "We the white men (WASP)" compete?
> You do not have to be good. It is enough to be the best ;-)
>
> USA seems to be "pretty good" in bigger democracies class. I do
> consider Swiss direct democracy to be The Best Worldwide but Switzerland
> is much smaller. USA is not ideal if you care to take a closer look.

The best "Two Countries One System."
> --
> A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> | A lot of people I know believe in positive thinking, and so do I.
> | I believe everything positively stinks. (Lew Col)

Re: Democracy Is Already Dying in the States [Say Democrats (?)]

<M_SdnV0E0tE1lFj9nZ2dnUU7-InNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2658&group=soc.culture.china#2658

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.tv.pol-incorrect,alt.politics.democrats
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:23:18 -0500
 by: Byker - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 19:23 UTC

ltlee1 <ltlee1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/06/manchin-republicans-bipartisan/619167/

And when it "dies," the only thing "Democrats" will be running for is their
lives, along with a lot of clueless voters who registered themselves as
"Democrat".

And when dictatorships have troublesome minorities to deal with, the
minorities wind up being deported or liquidated...