From: campb...@neotext.ca (Duncan Patton a Campbell on atlas.indx.ca)
Newsgroups: can.politics,alt.politics
Subject: The End of SEX: SPIDER Milk!
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 00:51:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Duncan Patton a Camp - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 00:51 UTC

Here we have a guy describing how he modified his own DNA to rid
himself of Lactose Intolerance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoczYXJeMY4

"
A little over 2 years ago, my life changed when I took a home brewed gene
therapy to attempt to get rid of my lactose intolerance. within days of
taking the therapy I went from being violently ill if I ingested even the
slightest hint of lactose, to being able to eat a quart of ice cream
without so much as a second thought. So, how did it hold up? In this video
I finally give an update, and talk about what future versions of the
therapy may look like.

Original Video: https://youtu.be/J3FcbFqSoQY

Original paper: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9...
Chitosan paper: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...
Whose gene github: https://github.com/thethoughtemporium...
"

Tak.

For mebbe two or so Billion Years binary-sexed species (a.k.a. eukaryots)
have dominated life on Planet Urth through their ability to accelerate
their own Evolution using Sexual Selection. Given we've now the ability
to modify the genetics of an existing organism WITHOUT SEX, it is likely
that sex, at least for humans, is set to become some kind of Museum Piece
practiced for nostalgic reasons by folks with nothing better to do.

Just watch some Happy Days to see how things fade if you want to know
more.

Dhu

--
Je suis Canadien. Ce n'est pas Francais ou Anglais.
Duncan Patton a Campbell

Re: The End of SEX: SPIDER Milk!

<tu609m$144b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26649&group=alt.politics#26649

From: campb...@neotext.ca (Duncan Patton a Campbell on atlas.indx.ca)
Newsgroups: can.politics,alt.politics
Subject: Re: The End of SEX: SPIDER Milk!
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 00:25:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Duncan Patton a Camp - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 00:25 UTC

On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 00:51:02 -0000 (UTC), Duncan Patton a Campbell on
atlas.indx.ca wrote:

> Here we have a guy describing how he modified his own DNA to rid
> himself of Lactose Intolerance:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoczYXJeMY4
>
> "
> A little over 2 years ago, my life changed when I took a home brewed gene
> therapy to attempt to get rid of my lactose intolerance. within days of
> taking the therapy I went from being violently ill if I ingested even the
> slightest hint of lactose, to being able to eat a quart of ice cream
> without so much as a second thought. So, how did it hold up? In this video
> I finally give an update, and talk about what future versions of the
> therapy may look like.
>
> Original Video: https://youtu.be/J3FcbFqSoQY
>
> Original paper: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9...
> Chitosan paper: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...
> Whose gene github: https://github.com/thethoughtemporium...
> "
>
> Tak.
>
> For mebbe two or so Billion Years binary-sexed species (a.k.a. eukaryots)
> have dominated life on Planet Urth through their ability to accelerate
> their own Evolution using Sexual Selection. Given we've now the ability
> to modify the genetics of an existing organism WITHOUT SEX, it is likely
> that sex, at least for humans, is set to become some kind of Museum Piece
> practiced for nostalgic reasons by folks with nothing better to do.
>
> Just watch some Happy Days to see how things fade if you want to know
> more.
>
> Dhu

For more on this, see Croneburg's latest, Crimes of the Future:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14549466/

Dhu