Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.eu,alt.politics.usa,soc.culture.usa
From: 29V.X...@noqb1u.net (29V.X746)
Subject: Brain-Scans Confirm That Native Language Influences
Neural-Wiring/Thinking
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 01:25:21 -0400
 by: 29V.X746 - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 05:25 UTC

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2023-03-native-language-brain-wiring.html

Study examines how our native language shapes our brain wiring

Scientists at the Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive
and Brain Sciences in Leipzig have found evidence that the
language we speak shapes the connectivity in our brains
that may underlie the way we think. With the help of magnetic
resonance tomography, they looked deep into the brains of
native German and Arabic speakers and discovered differences
in the wiring of the language regions in the brain.

.. . .

This had been long-suspected, but now there's some
tangible proof.

THE most 'successful' people over the past 2000 years
have been those whose language is derived/salted with
that of the Roman empire.

So, depending on that you see as "worthwhile", there
may be a "better language" to teach the kiddies.

Oh, and "English" is a "trash language", a 'pidgin' - bits
of every conqueror that passed through. It DOES have one
apparent advantage though, it easily facilitates words/concepts
for "new" stuff. The broad base offers possibilities that are
difficult to state in more, um, traditional languages. About a
decade ago the French decided to purge foreign terms ... and
the word "satellite" became about a full sentence :-)

That didn't last ....