Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 09:44:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: TN: Rutherford, Chambolle, Bernkastel, Puligny, Rias Baixas
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 17:44 UTC

Toor dal with spinach, squash, and green beans on rice
2008 JJ Prum Bernkastler Badstube Riesling Kabinett
Drinking well, good acids without sharpness, lime fruit with petrol and anise accents. Good finish with slatey minerality. Not super complex, but very satisfying. B+

Chicken nabemono (daikon, sweet potato, carrot, mushrooms)
2009 Gerard Raphet Chambolle-Musigny
Unsure why I bought this (well, from PremierCru, so it was probably $15).More body and fullness than a recent ‘08., but the ripeness just let it qualify as generic PN. A rather soulless Burg. B=/C_Drinking well, good acids without sharpness, lime fruit with petrol and anise accents. Good finish with slatey minerality. Not super complex, but very satisfying. B-/C+

Sousvide salmon , kale, green beans with tomato, mushrooms
2020 Fefinanes Albarino
Like Spanish Muscadet (in a good way). Crisp,. seashell/saline, some underlying lemon fruit. B+

Oysters, lemon sole, black truffle/mushroom gnocchi, salad
2012 F. Carillon Champs-Gain Puligny-Montrachet 1er
Pear, roastedalmond, hint of vanilla, good, but no need to hold. B+

Flannery strips, baked potato, sauteed mushrooms, salad’
1999 Pine Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon (Rutherford)
Resolved tannins, ripe and sweet. A touch of barnyard, big red and black plum fruit,a nice ferric note. It’s just a bit too sweet for my tastes, but it would be popular with many. No reason to wait, but not really fading,. B-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.