From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: 'Seen as act of war' BBC expert warns UK-made anti-ship missiles
could escalate Russia war
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 08:29:10 +0100
 by: slider - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 07:29 UTC

Mr Johnson highlighted the Nlaw and Javelin anti-tank systems and
Starstreak anti-air missiles which the UK has already supplied to Ukraine,
as well as protective helmets and body armour. But BBC Security
Correspondent Frank Gardner said supplying Kyiv with anti-ship missiles
could be a step too far.

Speaking to BBC News, Mr Gardner said: "Boris Johnson has been suggesting
that Britain should supply anti-ship missiles to help defend Odesa.

"These are missiles that have a range of about 130km to hit or at least
deter Russian warships from pounding Odesa from the sea.

"I just wonder how President Putin is going to react.

"If a British-made missile sunk a Russian warship that would probably be
seen in Moscow as an act of war.

"If they start supplying big weapons platforms like tanks, warplanes, and
anti-ship missiles then we're into a different paradigm and we don't know
how Moscow is going to react."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1591016/ukraine-russia-world-war-3-odesa-anti-ship-missiles-uk-ww3-vn