interests / alt.politics / Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

SubjectAuthor
* GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterBradley K. Sherman
+* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterLee
|+* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterBlue Lives Matter
||+* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterBradley K. Sherman
|||+* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterBlue Lives Matter
|||`- Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-ometerNevermind
||+- Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterGovernor Swill
||`* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterGronk
|| `- Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterSiri Cruise
|+* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter26C.Z968
||`- Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterGovernor Swill
|`- Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterMattb
+* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterBlue Lives Matter
|+* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterBradley K. Sherman
||+* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterBlue Lives Matter
|||+* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter26C.Z968
|||`- Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterGovernor Swill
||`* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterNoBody
|| `* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterBradley K. Sherman
||  +* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterSiri Cruise
||  |`- Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterNoBody
||  `- Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterNoBody
|`- Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterNoBody
+* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-metersuper70s
|`* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterBlue Lives Matter
| `* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-metersuper70s
|  `* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterBlue Lives Matter
|   `* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterBradley K. Sherman
|    +* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterMitchell Holman
|    |`* Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterGovernor Swill
|    | `- Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterMitchell Holman
|    `- Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterBlue Lives Matter
`- Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meterplateshutoverlock

Pages:123
Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<ls42uh9feq4c161gtuef0dim755jd2vmfq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26220&group=alt.politics#26220

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,soc.culture.usa
Subject: Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter
References: <tr8on0$if7$1@panix3.panix.com> <rpvfth93kdh368qbmurqeam9f26c1cislg@4ax.com> <tr90m2$9t2$1@reader2.panix.com> <mi6gthlg8ue0v3n8e18r6g21g04r4s3u1m@4ax.com> <AtycnaxoVbvg7UX-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@earthlink.com> <XnsAF9D7D2F6F5D0noemailcomcastnet@69.80.102.51> <trovef$2liod$1@dont-email.me> <0m80uhd5hqctgo1t0u2d543mns4skh75ue@4ax.com> <trpkpc$2pgpu$1@dont-email.me> <chine.bleu-93B081.18372305022023@news.eternal-september.org> <trqs25$330ca$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2023 09:51:32 -0500
 by: Governor Swill - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 14:51 UTC

On Mon, 6 Feb 2023 06:33:07 -0600, Ken <Ken@invalid.com> wrote:

>Siri Cruise wrote:
>> In article <trpkpc$2pgpu$1@dont-email.me>, Ken <Ken@invalid.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> No, it is something I lived. When I was just 18 years old I experienced
>>> a life changing moment. I was at Parris Island for boot camp, and the
>>> first thing the DI said was:
>>
>> And everyone knows the DIs are experts in law and economics.
>>
>>> do. And if you fail, it is no one's fault but your own" Those words
>>
>> If by law a world war veteran is denied a mortgage and the
>> subsequent capital appreciation, your contention is it the
>> veteran's fault because they were forced to obey red lining laws.?
>
>Did you attend "Stupid School?" You apparently have a reading
>comprehension problem. The question was: "Did you make that up
>yourself or is it something you half heard on talk radio?"

Which question you still haven't answered. Your contention that
Florida is banning certain books because they teach racism or failure
is a lie. Where did you hear such a thing?
Swill
--
THEORY is when you know everything but nothing works.

PRACTICE is when everything works but no one knows why.

IN THIS FORUM, theory and practice are combined:
Nothing works and no one knows why.

Glory to the heroes! Glory to Ukraine!

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<c152uh17l92sva56lh3ut9rbtr7d6nt21i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26221&group=alt.politics#26221

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,soc.culture.usa
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2023 09:55:32 -0500
 by: Governor Swill - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 14:55 UTC

On Mon, 6 Feb 2023 07:00:20 -0600, Ken <Ken@invalid.com> wrote:

>Siri Cruise wrote:

>>> I find it interesting that many of those complaining about the removal
>>> of some books teaching their readers that they are doomed to failure due
>>> to racism, were actively endorsing the removal of all flags and statues
>>> that reminded them of the south and the civil war.
>>
>> Since the South made explicit statements that they were starting
>> the war in order to sustain slavery and propagate into Lousiana,
>> Oregon, and Mexican territories, is your argument then that
>> slavery is not racist? What do you think about how the South
>> kidnapped free blacks in Pennsylvania and sold them into slavery?
>
>You really DO have a reading comprehension problem. I suggest you read
>my comments again very slowly. I was not defending the Civil war nor
>slavery. I was equating the left's objection to names and statues to
>the objection to books.

You failed.

>That is the topic of this thread.
>>> But when someone is
>>> offended by teaching their children that they are inherently racist
>>
>> Cite who is teaching them.
>
>Do you have a TV in your tent?? Turn on MSNBC, PBS or CNN. If no TV,
>get a newspaper and read up on CRT. If you are still unable to do
>either of those, turn on a radio and listen to people like Rev. Al
>Sharpton or Joe Biden.

And again, you're trying to change the subject while pretending not
to. The topic is book banning in Florida. What books is Florida
banning that teach racism and failure?
>>> regardless of their efforts, and others will never succeed, it is wrong.
>>
>> Is it your contention that the black neighbourhoods of Tulsa were
>> destroyed by blacks?
>
>Tulsa happened early in the 20th century, if I am not mistaken. Let's
>discuss New Orleans, Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, and in the present
>day context. Billions of dollars, if not Trillions, have been spent in
>an effort to improve the lives of minorities. The results have been
>less than spectacular. Those who succeeded were most often examples of
>persistence and effort. (Unless of course if their career path was crime.)

The results have been spectacular, in fact. The only people that
don't see it are white bigots.
>>> You would accomplish more if you taught your children to get an
>>> education, a job, take care of their family, and stay away from crime.
>>> That would do more for them than pissing and moaning.
>>
>> Since the 14th amendment assumes all people are created equal how
>> does equal opportunity result in unequal outcomes?
>>
>It is "Equal Opportunity," not "Equal Outcome." Where the hell do you
>go to school, or did you go to school?? Using your theory, there could
>never be an athlete with better performance because the outcome would be
>unfair.

The point being that despite all the legislation and the warring
opportunity is still not equal.

Swill
--
THEORY is when you know everything but nothing works.

PRACTICE is when everything works but no one knows why.

IN THIS FORUM, theory and practice are combined:
Nothing works and no one knows why.

Glory to the heroes! Glory to Ukraine!

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<chine.bleu-941778.18002906022023@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26225&group=alt.politics#26225

From: chine.b...@yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,soc.culture.usa
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2023 18:00:37 -0800
 by: Siri Cruise - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 02:00 UTC

In article <trqtl5$3399o$1@dont-email.me>, Ken <Ken@invalid.com>
wrote:

> >> I find it interesting that many of those complaining about the removal
> >> of some books teaching their readers that they are doomed to failure due
> >> to racism, were actively endorsing the removal of all flags and statues
> >> that reminded them of the south and the civil war.
> >
> > Since the South made explicit statements that they were starting
> > the war in order to sustain slavery and propagate into Lousiana,
> > Oregon, and Mexican territories, is your argument then that
> > slavery is not racist? What do you think about how the South
> > kidnapped free blacks in Pennsylvania and sold them into slavery?
>
> You really DO have a reading comprehension problem. I suggest you read
> my comments again very slowly. I was not defending the Civil war nor
> slavery. I was equating the left's objection to names and statues to
> the objection to books. That is the topic of this thread.

You're whining about racism of your political enemies while
making excuses for CSA racism. You're a hypocrite. I count anyone
making excuses for racism, like you, as a racist.

> > Cite who is teaching them.
>
> Do you have a TV in your tent?? Turn on MSNBC, PBS or CNN. If no TV,
> get a newspaper and read up on CRT. If you are still unable to do

Yes, do read up on CRT. It's a study of how racism in the past
affected the country's history. Since you make excuses for
racism, you feel attacked. If you did not make excuses, but
simply acknowledged the sins of the long ago dead, you would not
feel attacked.

I acknowledge the Anglo-Saxons did mean things to Brythons,
Wealh, and then the Irish, which affected the history of England
and the US. Since my ancestors included english and irish, I'll
ignore any aspersions you cast on those low german tribes.

> either of those, turn on a radio and listen to people like Rev. Al
> Sharpton or Joe Biden.

I don't listen to either. If they bother you, you can choose to
also ignore them.

> Tulsa happened early in the 20th century, if I am not mistaken. Let's
> discuss New Orleans, Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, and in the present
> day context. Billions of dollars, if not Trillions, have been spent in
> an effort to improve the lives of minorities. The results have been
> less than spectacular. Those who succeeded were most often examples of

Why then? Since you refuse to acknowledge racism past, like
Tulsa, you have no way to understand what causes unequal
outcomes. So you have no way to try to engineer effective
solutions. Instead you spew trite truisms such as
> persistence and effort. (Unless of course if their career path was crime.)

Which is bullshit if you ever botherred to look closely. It
mostly depends on luck. I haven't been to lose a fortune in real
estate like Don Fatso, because by chance I wasn't born into such
a wealthy family. People like Don Fatso are ashamed they got by
on the luck of the draw make up trite truism and idiots like you
ashamed your persistence and effort hasn't made you a
billionaire, accept the trite truism as your own excuse.

I am a paper millionaire because I had the luck to inherit a
downpayment for a house in a market that has appreciated that
much through no effort of mine own.

> >> You would accomplish more if you taught your children to get an
> >> education, a job, take care of their family, and stay away from crime.
> >> That would do more for them than pissing and moaning.
> >
> > Since the 14th amendment assumes all people are created equal how
> > does equal opportunity result in unequal outcomes?
> >
> It is "Equal Opportunity," not "Equal Outcome." Where the hell do you

Unequal outcome is provable. If all people are created equal and
have equal opportunity, why is the outcome unequal? Given a large
number of people, chance, or luck, has no effect. So by modus
tollens either people are no created equally or they do not have
equal opportunity. Which one are you claiming?

> go to school, or did you go to school?? Using your theory, there could
> never be an athlete with better performance because the outcome would be
> unfair.

Actually statisical method can detect unfair athletics.
Performances should cluster in a normal curve which includes a
few outliers above and below average. The normal curves two
different populations can be compared to compute the confidence
they are the same populations.

Yes, you are invoking this argument everytime you whine how
unfair it is to let trans kids in sports with girls.

And you're still an idiot.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<chine.bleu-341FEA.18201306022023@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26226&group=alt.politics#26226

From: chine.b...@yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,soc.culture.usa
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2023 18:20:21 -0800
References: <tr8on0$if7$1@panix3.panix.com> <rpvfth93kdh368qbmurqeam9f26c1cislg@4ax.com> <tr90m2$9t2$1@reader2.panix.com> <mi6gthlg8ue0v3n8e18r6g21g04r4s3u1m@4ax.com> <AtycnaxoVbvg7UX-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@earthlink.com> <XnsAF9D7D2F6F5D0noemailcomcastnet@69.80.102.51> <trovef$2liod$1@dont-email.me> <0m80uhd5hqctgo1t0u2d543mns4skh75ue@4ax.com> <trpkpc$2pgpu$1@dont-email.me> <chine.bleu-93B081.18372305022023@news.eternal-september.org> <trqs25$330ca$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Siri Cruise - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 02:20 UTC

In article <trqs25$330ca$1@dont-email.me>, Ken <Ken@invalid.com>
wrote:

> >> do. And if you fail, it is no one's fault but your own" Those words
> >
> > If by law a world war veteran is denied a mortgage and the
> > subsequent capital appreciation, your contention is it the
> > veteran's fault because they were forced to obey red lining laws.?
>
> Did you attend "Stupid School?" You apparently have a reading
> comprehension problem. The question was: "Did you make that up
> yourself or is it something you half heard on talk radio?"

Nonresponsive. Your shame cleaves your tongue to the roof of your
mouth.

> It is true that the separate but equal laws needed to be changed and
> were changed.

And that undid all the lost opportunities?

> It is also true that preferential treatment was given to

And again you eschew statistics. You dare to be stupid.
u > minorities. With little positive results, I might add. There are many
> successful minorities, and it is due to education and effort, rather

Because you eschew math and logic, your argument is not but
unsupported truism which you use to excuse your inaction.

> One thing I did not mention about my Marine experience, that apparently
> you did not experience, is honor. It was the honorable thing to do.

And you're an idiot who hides behind 'honour' to excuse your
stupidity and failures. There are sound economic reasons for
biblical jubilee and bankruptcy. Abandonning old debts frees
money for spending and investment which grows the economy beyond
the losses of uncollected debt.

> > And you did that without any real estate capital gains because
> > you would not take unfair advantage over others.
>
> You DO realize the topic of this thread was book banning, don't you?? I
> was responding to a question by a prior poster. You entered real estate
> as a topic when no one had mentioned it.

Again in your shame your tongue cleaves to the roof of your mouth.

There is a way to discharge your shame:
Then neither do I condemn you, Jesus
declared. Go now and leave your life of sin.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<chine.bleu-4EFAD6.18250006022023@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26227&group=alt.politics#26227

From: chine.b...@yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2023 18:25:08 -0800
 by: Siri Cruise - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 02:25 UTC

In article <trq3dr$2un72$2@dont-email.me>,
Gronk <invalide@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> > Good for Florida....If you don't like our rules, don't come here.
>
> If you say so, kamerad...

Florida, like China, is sovereign and not required to obey the
Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Article 18

Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and
religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or
belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and
in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in
teaching, practice, worship and observance.

Article 19

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this
right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and
to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any
media and regardless of frontiers.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<jNiEL.891042$MEGf.200090@fx03.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26228&group=alt.politics#26228

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,soc.culture.usa
From: ...@. (Mighty✅ Wannabe✅)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 21:34:25 -0500
 by: Mighty✅ Wannabe✅ - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 02:34 UTC

Ken wrote on 2/6/2023 7:33 AM:
> Siri Cruise wrote:
>> In article <trpkpc$2pgpu$1@dont-email.me>, Ken <Ken@invalid.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> No, it is something I lived.  When I was just 18 years old I
>>> experienced
>>> a life changing moment.  I was at Parris Island for boot camp, and the
>>> first thing the DI said was:
>>
>> And everyone knows the DIs are experts in law and economics.
>>
>>> do.  And if you fail, it is no one's fault but your own"  Those words
>>
>> If by law a world war veteran is denied a mortgage and the
>> subsequent capital appreciation, your contention is it the
>> veteran's fault because they were forced to obey red lining laws.?
>
> Did you attend "Stupid School?"  You apparently have a reading
> comprehension problem.  The question was:  "Did you make that up
> yourself or is it something you half heard on talk radio?"

I always saw her taking the short bus but I don't know which school.

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<trseoi$3dart$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26229&group=alt.politics#26229

From: un-...@st.and.ing (Oute le iloa)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,soc.culture.usa
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 18:58:26 -0800
 by: Oute le iloa - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 02:58 UTC

On 2/6/2023 4:33 AM, Ken wrote:

> Did you attend "Stupid School?"

I don't think any of us attended school with you, so, no.

>> When the Supremes decided separate is inherently unequal, your
>> contention is the proven inequality had zero effects on wages and
>> factors affecting wages, such non-access to education?
>
> From the tone of your comments, I would guess you are not in such a
> successful group.

From the tone of your comments, I know for sure you're a judgemental
asshole. Fuck off.

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<trsesd$3dart$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26230&group=alt.politics#26230

From: un-...@st.and.ing (Oute le iloa)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,soc.culture.usa
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 19:00:29 -0800
 by: Oute le iloa - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 03:00 UTC

On 2/5/2023 5:22 PM, Ken wrote:

> Before I am accused of "White privilege,"  My mother died and left me
> medical bills.   My father died and left me a photo of him.  Is that
> white privilege??

You obviously don't know the actual meaning of white privilege. It has
nothing to do with wealth inherited from parents.

You're living proof that you were a "student" at "Stupid School."

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<tui5p3$2kv$2@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26702&group=alt.politics#26702

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,soc.culture.usa
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 15:12:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 15:12 UTC

| Numerous titles by well-known authors such as Jodi Picoult,
| Toni Morrison and James Patterson have been pulled from
| library shelves. The removal list includes Picoult's novel
| "The Storyteller" about the granddaughter of a Holocaust
| survivor who meets an elderly former SS officer. It
| contains some violent scenes told in flashbacks from World
| War II and an assisted suicide.
|
| "Banning 'The Storyteller' is shocking, as it is about the
| Holocaust and has never been banned before," Picoult told
| us in an email.
|
| "Martin County is the first to ban twenty of my books at
| once," Picoult said, slamming such bans as "a shocking
| breach of freedom of speech and freedom of information." A
| coastal county in the southeastern part of the state,
| Martin County is heavily Republican.
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/03/10/ron-desantis-book-bans-martin-county-jodi-picoult/>

--bks

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<mtqp0itp8dkcqpsro55b3s7ga6f31slipt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26707&group=alt.politics#26707

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,soc.culture.usa
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 16:01:01 -0500
 by: Governor Swill - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 21:01 UTC

On Sat, 11 Mar 2023 15:12:35 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:

> | Numerous titles by well-known authors such as Jodi Picoult,
> | Toni Morrison and James Patterson have been pulled from
> | library shelves. The removal list includes Picoult's novel
> | "The Storyteller" about the granddaughter of a Holocaust
> | survivor who meets an elderly former SS officer. It
> | contains some violent scenes told in flashbacks from World
> | War II and an assisted suicide.
> |
> | "Banning 'The Storyteller' is shocking, as it is about the
> | Holocaust and has never been banned before," Picoult told
> | us in an email.
> |
> | "Martin County is the first to ban twenty of my books at
> | once," Picoult said, slamming such bans as "a shocking
> | breach of freedom of speech and freedom of information." A
> | coastal county in the southeastern part of the state,
> | Martin County is heavily Republican.
><https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/03/10/ron-desantis-book-bans-martin-county-jodi-picoult/>
>
> --bks

Banning books about the holocaust. Hmm . . . how Christian.

Swill
--
Welcome to reality. Enjoy your visit!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<7mrr0idrc0jb5th2p52pehne0dr567a31f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26719&group=alt.politics#26719

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,soc.culture.usa
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 11:27:41 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 15:27 UTC

Sherman) wrote:

> | Numerous titles by well-known authors such as Jodi Picoult,
> | Toni Morrison and James Patterson have been pulled from
> | library shelves. The removal list includes Picoult's novel
> | "The Storyteller" about the granddaughter of a Holocaust
> | survivor who meets an elderly former SS officer. It
> | contains some violent scenes told in flashbacks from World
> | War II and an assisted suicide.
> |
> | "Banning 'The Storyteller' is shocking, as it is about the
> | Holocaust and has never been banned before," Picoult told
> | us in an email.
> |
> | "Martin County is the first to ban twenty of my books at
> | once," Picoult said, slamming such bans as "a shocking
> | breach of freedom of speech and freedom of information." A
> | coastal county in the southeastern part of the state,
> | Martin County is heavily Republican.
><https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/03/10/ron-desantis-book-bans-martin-county-jodi-picoult/>
>
> --bks

And Bradley thinks it's a good to teach people that assisted suicide
is a good thing...

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<mrrr0i1j8kpkj8ev9s82si1h60agej59q1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26720&group=alt.politics#26720

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,soc.culture.usa
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 11:30:48 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 15:30 UTC

On Sat, 11 Mar 2023 16:01:01 -0500, Governor Swill
<governor.swill@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 11 Mar 2023 15:12:35 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:

>> | Numerous titles by well-known authors such as Jodi Picoult,
>> | Toni Morrison and James Patterson have been pulled from
>> | library shelves. The removal list includes Picoult's novel
>> | "The Storyteller" about the granddaughter of a Holocaust
>> | survivor who meets an elderly former SS officer. It
>> | contains some violent scenes told in flashbacks from World
>> | War II and an assisted suicide.
>> |
>> | "Banning 'The Storyteller' is shocking, as it is about the
>> | Holocaust and has never been banned before," Picoult told
>> | us in an email.
>> |
>> | "Martin County is the first to ban twenty of my books at
>> | once," Picoult said, slamming such bans as "a shocking
>> | breach of freedom of speech and freedom of information." A
>> | coastal county in the southeastern part of the state,
>> | Martin County is heavily Republican.
>><https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/03/10/ron-desantis-book-bans-martin-county-jodi-picoult/>
>>
>> --bks
>
>Banning books about the holocaust. Hmm . . . how Christian.

The book is a work of fiction and thus is not "teaching about the
holocaust" duh... Here's a quote that sums it up:

"The Storyteller ended up being a mix between contemporary and
historical fiction, where part of the story is set in the present and
the rest of the story during WWII. Jodi Picoult has even incorporated
a fantasy story that is written by one of the main characters during
the war"

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<tukr8a$61l$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26721&group=alt.politics#26721

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,soc.culture.usa
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 15:31:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 15:31 UTC

Kremlin Girl <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> | Numerous titles by well-known authors such as Jodi Picoult,
>> | Toni Morrison and James Patterson have been pulled from
>> | library shelves. The removal list includes Picoult's novel
>> | "The Storyteller" about the granddaughter of a Holocaust
>> | survivor who meets an elderly former SS officer. It
>> | contains some violent scenes told in flashbacks from World
>> | War II and an assisted suicide.

Good on you Kremlin Girl! I figured that even a Russian
troll would not come down on the side of Nazis.

--bks

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<e79dccb9-bffd-4fd9-9bb6-3f07e6f2d267n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26729&group=alt.politics#26729

Newsgroups: alt.politics
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 15:20:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: blinking...@gmail.com (plateshutoverlock)
 by: plateshutoverlock - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 22:20 UTC

On Monday, January 30, 2023 at 7:45:40 AM UTC-8, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:

> | Yes, Florida teachers could face third-degree felony for
> | using books, literature in classroom not approved by state
> <https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/verify/florida-teacher-could-face-a-third-degree-felony-for-using-books-literature-in-class-not-approved-by-state/77-9f5a087f-8dcd-4a99-afe1-c9c23b6201cd>
>
> --bks

"We are so glad our god happens to hate the same things we do."

Yahweh - the Mister ED of religion.

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<sjms0ilsa7q0ghtaae5is3i3mcu0bubm8h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26732&group=alt.politics#26732

From: trdell12...@gmail.com (Mattb)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 16:06:57 -0700
 by: Mattb - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 23:06 UTC

On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 16:34:53 +0000, "Lee" <cleetis@gmail.com> wrote:

>Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>

>> | Yes, Florida teachers could face third-degree felony for
>> | using books, literature in classroom not approved by state
>> <https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/verify/florida-teacher-co
>> uld-face-a-third-degree-felony-for-using-books-literature-in-class-not
>> -approved-by-state/77-9f5a087f-8dcd-4a99-afe1-c9c23b6201cd>
>>
>> --bks
>

> Not just using unapproved books
>but even just having them present
>in the classroom.

I'd say both the far left and far right both use this tactic. Bannng
books or editing them. Shit Disney even canceled the song
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bWyhj7siEY

>"The new guidelines are being
>issued now as school districts
>rush to comply with a
>controversial Florida law,
>passed by Mr DeSantis in March
>last year, that punishes
>teachers with felony charges
>------ >if non-sanctioned books
>are present in classrooms". <-------
>
>https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/ron-desant
>is-book-bans-florida-b2270116.html?utm_source=reddit.com
>

> Guns in classrooms are legal,
>books are not. Amazing.
>
>https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-florida/florida-teachers-can
>-arm-themselves-under-new-gun-bill-idUSKCN1S74GZ

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<um0u0itf766260km65hi4s12qnr3l0hgo0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26738&group=alt.politics#26738

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,soc.culture.usa
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 07:03:19 -0400
 by: NoBody - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 11:03 UTC

On Sun, 12 Mar 2023 15:31:23 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
Sherman) wrote:

>Good on you Kremlin Girl! I figured that even a Russian
>troll would not come down on the side of Nazis.

I wouldn't know. How do YOU feel about the Nazis?

> --bks

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<uo0u0i9745q4ohbvf74r8d6pmq4pjcp1ok@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26739&group=alt.politics#26739

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,soc.culture.usa
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 07:04:33 -0400
 by: NoBody - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 11:04 UTC

On Sun, 12 Mar 2023 11:27:41 -0400, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 11 Mar 2023 15:12:35 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
>Sherman) wrote:

>> | Numerous titles by well-known authors such as Jodi Picoult,
>> | Toni Morrison and James Patterson have been pulled from
>> | library shelves. The removal list includes Picoult's novel
>> | "The Storyteller" about the granddaughter of a Holocaust
>> | survivor who meets an elderly former SS officer. It
>> | contains some violent scenes told in flashbacks from World
>> | War II and an assisted suicide.
>> |
>> | "Banning 'The Storyteller' is shocking, as it is about the
>> | Holocaust and has never been banned before," Picoult told
>> | us in an email.
>> |
>> | "Martin County is the first to ban twenty of my books at
>> | once," Picoult said, slamming such bans as "a shocking
>> | breach of freedom of speech and freedom of information." A
>> | coastal county in the southeastern part of the state,
>> | Martin County is heavily Republican.
>><https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/03/10/ron-desantis-book-bans-martin-county-jodi-picoult/>
>>
>> --bks
>
>And Bradley thinks it's a good to teach people that assisted suicide
>is a good thing...

Oh Bradley???

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<3tl01ipa6ms1j1v2f81v61fviuskq0c1p0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26749&group=alt.politics#26749

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,soc.culture.usa
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 07:17:01 -0400
 by: NoBody - Tue, 14 Mar 2023 11:17 UTC

On Mon, 13 Mar 2023 07:03:19 -0400, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Mar 2023 15:31:23 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
>Sherman) wrote:

>>Good on you Kremlin Girl! I figured that even a Russian
>>troll would not come down on the side of Nazis.
>
>I wouldn't know. How do YOU feel about the Nazis?
>>
>> --bks

And the coward riuns away

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<tvmrae$2qn$2@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26983&group=alt.politics#26983

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,soc.culture.usa
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 13:01:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 13:01 UTC

The DeSantis express is on the wrong track and headed for you:

| A principal of a Florida school has been forced to resign
| after a parent complained that sixth-grade students were
| exposed to pornography.
|
| The complaint arose from a Renaissance art lesson where
| students were shown Michelangelo's statue of David.
|
| The iconic statue is one of the most famous in Western
| history.
|
| But one parent complained the material was pornographic and
| two others said they wanted to know about the class before
| it was taught.
<https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65071989>

--bks

Re: GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

<rubu1il7j1nvatapcp2j20n0ikqo63b9bt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26991&group=alt.politics#26991

From: trdell12...@gmail.com (Mattb)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,soc.culture.usa
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 10:33:49 -0700
 by: Mattb - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 17:33 UTC

On Sat, 25 Mar 2023 13:01:02 -0000 (UTC), bks@panix.com (Bradley K.
Sherman) wrote:

>The DeSantis express is on the wrong track and headed for you:
> |
> | A principal of a Florida school has been forced to resign
> | after a parent complained that sixth-grade students were
> | exposed to pornography.
> |
> | The complaint arose from a Renaissance art lesson where
> | students were shown Michelangelo's statue of David.
> |
> | The iconic statue is one of the most famous in Western
> | history.
> |
> | But one parent complained the material was pornographic and
> | two others said they wanted to know about the class before
> | it was taught.
><https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65071989>
>
> --bks

That parent just has a sick mind and the kid or kids should be
removed from his care ASAP.

BTW it seems it is pornographic to the news service sense they did not
show the entire image, ;=))).

Next the father will want history museums closed.