Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.culture.usa
From: 27E.G...@noq24u.net (27E.G756)
Subject: ANOTHER Prominent "Fake Indian" - Hollywood Producer Heather Rae
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 22:45:00 -0400
 by: 27E.G756 - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 02:45 UTC

https://www.foxnews.com/media/native-activists-accuse-hollywood-producer-faking-cherokee-background

Native American watchdog group the Tribal Alliance Against
Frauds (TAAF) recently demanded an apology from Hollywood
producer Heather Rae over lying about her background.

Fifty-six-year-old Rae, who serves on the Academy of Motion
Pictures’ Indigenous Alliance, has previously stated that
she came from an "Indian" mother and a "cowboy" father
while several news outlets reported her as having a "Cherokee"
parent. However, the New York Post reported about recent
claims by Native American activists insist that Rae is,
at best, only 1/2048th Cherokee.

.. . .

Wow ... same dubious figure as Liz,'Pocahontas', Warren :-)

Mid 60s thru mid 70s, being 'native' was very popular.
Hard to tell HOW many fake 'natives' suddenly appeared.
There were even "exploitation" films like "Billy Jack".
The hippies were convinced the natives just loved them ...
but that wasn't exactly true ......

Re: ANOTHER Prominent "Fake Indian" - Hollywood Producer Heather Rae

<BdmcnXXhh-PU5L_5nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=27058&group=alt.politics#27058

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.culture.usa
From: 27E.G...@noq24u.net (27E.G756)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 01:20:49 -0400
 by: 27E.G756 - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 05:20 UTC

On 3/26/23 10:45 PM, 27E.G756 wrote:
> https://www.foxnews.com/media/native-activists-accuse-hollywood-producer-faking-cherokee-background
>

> Native American watchdog group the Tribal Alliance Against
> Frauds (TAAF) recently demanded an apology from Hollywood
> producer Heather Rae over lying about her background.
>
> Fifty-six-year-old Rae, who serves on the Academy of Motion
> Pictures’ Indigenous Alliance, has previously stated that
> she came from an "Indian" mother and a "cowboy" father
> while several news outlets reported her as having a "Cherokee"
> parent. However, the New York Post reported about recent
> claims by Native American activists insist that Rae is,
> at best, only 1/2048th Cherokee.
>
> . . .
>
>   Wow ... same dubious figure as Liz,'Pocahontas', Warren :-)
>
>   Mid 60s thru mid 70s, being 'native' was very popular.
>   Hard to tell HOW many fake 'natives' suddenly appeared.
>   There were even "exploitation" films like "Billy Jack".
>   The hippies were convinced the natives just loved them ...
>   but that wasn't exactly true ......

BTW ... I suggest the generic term "wooden indian" when
refering to Pocohontas Liz and friends - something totally
fake.