From: pet...@pmoylan.org.invalid (Peter Moylan)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english,alt.english.usage
Subject: Re: please correct the message and comment on the style
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 17:13:45 +1100
 by: Peter Moylan - Thu, 19 Aug 2021 06:13 UTC

On 19/08/21 17:25, Prashant Mishra wrote:
> On Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 11:41:24 AM UTC+5:30, occam wrote:

>>> Really! Your post looks extremely similar to one that was posted
>>> a little while ago.
>> Yes, in AEU. However, this is his first post in AUE. The Committee
>> should alert Anton Shepelev and let him know that his client is
>> seeking advice from an alternative source.
>
> Since I am new to this forum I don't know the rules here. i would
> like to know if I am allowed to post here a message which i have
> posted in other forums.

The accepted polite way, in newsgroups, is to crosspost rather than
multipost. I don't normally crosspost, but I've done it this time to
show how it's done.

Multiposting means sending the same article separately to two different
newsgroups. Crossposting means sending it just once, but with two (or)
more groups listed in the "Newsgroup:" header line. Take a look at the
headers of this message to see the difference. Notice also the
"Followup-To:" header, which says which group should get the replies.

The reason why crossposting is better, in a case like this, is that
readers can see from the headers that the message will be seen in more
than one place. That means that people don't waste their time answering
something that has already been answered. In this case Athel noticed the
duplication because (I assume) he is subscribed to both groups, but many
of us would not have noticed that.