interests / alt.politics / Re: Odd. Where is Hillary's indictment?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Odd. Where is Hillary's indictment?22T.R732
`* Re: Odd. Where is Hillary's indictment?Con Reeder, unhyphenated American
 +* Re: Odd. Where is Hillary's indictment?xyzzy
 |`* Re: Odd. Where is Hillary's indictment?Con Reeder, unhyphenated American
 | `- Re: Odd. Where is Hillary's indictment?26B.X919
 `- Re: Odd. Where is Hillary's indictment?22T.R732

1
Re: Odd. Where is Hillary's indictment?

<M5ednSzLUf56Ibf5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=27196&group=alt.politics#27196

Subject: Re: Odd. Where is Hillary's indictment?
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college,alt.politics.trump,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa
From: 22TR...@noq24u.net (22T.R732)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 07:47:50 -0400
 by: 22T.R732 - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 11:47 UTC

On 4/3/23 6:01 AM, Noel wrote:
> She committed crimes more serious than anything Trump did.

Considerably more serious - and those are just the
ones we've heard about. But ... SHE'S *ST. HILLARY*
and is thus far above the law.

Trump, in a gentlemanly, statesmanlike, fashion declined
to pursue aggressive actions against HRC. It's just bad
form to leverage the law to screw political rivals. That's
for crappy dictatorships (and France).

Apparently the left-hand side of the street has never
heard of this principle .....

Re: Odd. Where is Hillary's indictment?

<slrnu2m41s.kabp.constance@karen.heins.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=27200&group=alt.politics#27200

From: consta...@duxmail.com (Con Reeder, unhyphenated American)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college,alt.politics.trump,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 17:43:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Con Reeder, unhyphen - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 17:43 UTC

On 2023-04-03, 22T.R732 <22TR732@noq24u.net> wrote:
> On 4/3/23 6:01 AM, Noel wrote:
>> She committed crimes more serious than anything Trump did.
>
> Considerably more serious - and those are just the
> ones we've heard about. But ... SHE'S *ST. HILLARY*
> and is thus far above the law.
>
> Trump, in a gentlemanly, statesmanlike, fashion declined
> to pursue aggressive actions against HRC. It's just bad
> form to leverage the law to screw political rivals. That's
> for crappy dictatorships (and France).
>
> Apparently the left-hand side of the street has never
> heard of this principle .....

They just see the advantage of giving Trump a boost. Any claims they
make, should Trump win, of abhorring his election, are hollow.

To be fair, this strategy worked in the 2022 midterms, as Trump
was so toxic almost all of his endorsed candidates in battleground
elections lost. He lost PA for the Republicans for sure, and possibly
AZ, GA, and NH as well.

--
There's nothing sweeter than life nor more precious than time.
-- Barney

Re: Odd. Where is Hillary's indictment?

<u0f8p1$32tfa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=27201&group=alt.politics#27201

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college,alt.politics.trump,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 19:17:54 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:IQ9bMzw5TI7FsNQ6vOmzgbF4EeY=
 by: xyzzy - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 19:17 UTC

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American <constance@duxmail.com> wrote:
> On 2023-04-03, 22T.R732 <22TR732@noq24u.net> wrote:
>> On 4/3/23 6:01 AM, Noel wrote:
>>> She committed crimes more serious than anything Trump did.
>>
>> Considerably more serious - and those are just the
>> ones we've heard about. But ... SHE'S *ST. HILLARY*
>> and is thus far above the law.
>>
>> Trump, in a gentlemanly, statesmanlike, fashion declined
>> to pursue aggressive actions against HRC. It's just bad
>> form to leverage the law to screw political rivals. That's
>> for crappy dictatorships (and France).
>>
>> Apparently the left-hand side of the street has never
>> heard of this principle .....
>>

> They just see the advantage of giving Trump a boost. Any claims they
> make, should Trump win, of abhorring his election, are hollow.
>
> To be fair, this strategy worked in the 2022 midterms, as Trump
> was so toxic almost all of his endorsed candidates in battleground
> elections lost. He lost PA for the Republicans for sure, and possibly
> AZ, GA, and NH as well.

It’s a sleazy and dangerous tactic, I agree with you there. However giving
it credit for success also means asserting that Republican primary voters
are easily manipulated and have no agency.

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: Odd. Where is Hillary's indictment?

<E5idnWb8rZAy4Lb5nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=27207&group=alt.politics#27207

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college,alt.politics.trump,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa
From: 22TR...@noq24u.net (22T.R732)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 21:29:35 -0400
 by: 22T.R732 - Tue, 4 Apr 2023 01:29 UTC

On 4/3/23 1:43 PM, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:
> On 2023-04-03, 22T.R732 <22TR732@noq24u.net> wrote:
>> On 4/3/23 6:01 AM, Noel wrote:
>>> She committed crimes more serious than anything Trump did.
>>
>> Considerably more serious - and those are just the
>> ones we've heard about. But ... SHE'S *ST. HILLARY*
>> and is thus far above the law.
>>
>> Trump, in a gentlemanly, statesmanlike, fashion declined
>> to pursue aggressive actions against HRC. It's just bad
>> form to leverage the law to screw political rivals. That's
>> for crappy dictatorships (and France).
>>
>> Apparently the left-hand side of the street has never
>> heard of this principle .....
>>

> They just see the advantage of giving Trump a boost. Any claims they
> make, should Trump win, of abhorring his election, are hollow.

Well now ... the MSM actually *hopes* he gets elected
because their revenues plummeted the minute Biden won.
Trump is their favorite devil. With him around they can
stand on the corners shouting about fire & brimstone.

> To be fair, this strategy worked in the 2022 midterms, as Trump
> was so toxic almost all of his endorsed candidates in battleground
> elections lost. He lost PA for the Republicans for sure, and possibly
> AZ, GA, and NH as well.

Trump DOES have, or at least developed, a 'toxic' personality.
MSM BS kinda pushed him along there, but he was already an
blustering egomaniac. In real-estate that was a good thing,
and it was "different" enough to get him elected once. But
now, few can stand to listen to him for five minutes at a
stretch. He sometimes sneaks in some good stuff, but his
tales of persecution smother it.

DeSantis is actually more likely to be elected because he
is NOT obnoxious (though still very MAGA). The question is
whether Trump will just suck all the air out of the room
and suffocate any other, perhaps superior, GOP candidates.
The DNC hopes so.

I'm interested in seeing how he plays his BS arrest. Clear
partisan persecution, abuse of 'justice', even lots of Dems
agree there. He IS a showman, no question.

Re: Odd. Where is Hillary's indictment?

<slrnu2mvle.khc9.constance@karen.heins.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=27208&group=alt.politics#27208

From: consta...@duxmail.com (Con Reeder, unhyphenated American)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college,alt.politics.trump,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2023 01:34:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Con Reeder, unhyphen - Tue, 4 Apr 2023 01:34 UTC

On 2023-04-03, xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com> wrote:
> Con Reeder, unhyphenated American <constance@duxmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Considerably more serious - and those are just the
>>> ones we've heard about. But ... SHE'S *ST. HILLARY*
>>> and is thus far above the law.
>>>
>>> Trump, in a gentlemanly, statesmanlike, fashion declined
>>> to pursue aggressive actions against HRC. It's just bad
>>> form to leverage the law to screw political rivals. That's
>>> for crappy dictatorships (and France).
>>>
>>> Apparently the left-hand side of the street has never
>>> heard of this principle .....
>>>

>> They just see the advantage of giving Trump a boost. Any claims they
>> make, should Trump win, of abhorring his election, are hollow.
>>
>> To be fair, this strategy worked in the 2022 midterms, as Trump
>> was so toxic almost all of his endorsed candidates in battleground
>> elections lost. He lost PA for the Republicans for sure, and possibly
>> AZ, GA, and NH as well.
>
> It’s a sleazy and dangerous tactic, I agree with you there. However giving
> it credit for success also means asserting that Republican primary voters
> are easily manipulated and have no agency.

Certainly some are, but they are between a rock and a hard place.
To win, they have to vote for a cretin because Dems did...

So basically Democrats do the wrong thing hoping other voters will
do the "right" thing.

--
Few blame themselves until they have exhausted all other possibilities.
-- anonymous

Re: Odd. Where is Hillary's indictment?

<0j6dneserOuUqrH5nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=27224&group=alt.politics#27224

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college,alt.politics.trump,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa
From: 26BX...@zoq21u.net (26B.X919)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2023 10:40:58 -0400
 by: 26B.X919 - Tue, 4 Apr 2023 14:40 UTC

On 4/3/23 9:34 PM, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:
> On 2023-04-03, xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Con Reeder, unhyphenated American <constance@duxmail.com> wrote:

>>> They just see the advantage of giving Trump a boost. Any claims they
>>> make, should Trump win, of abhorring his election, are hollow.
>>>
>>> To be fair, this strategy worked in the 2022 midterms, as Trump
>>> was so toxic almost all of his endorsed candidates in battleground
>>> elections lost. He lost PA for the Republicans for sure, and possibly
>>> AZ, GA, and NH as well.
>>
>> It’s a sleazy and dangerous tactic, I agree with you there. However giving
>> it credit for success also means asserting that Republican primary voters
>> are easily manipulated and have no agency.
>
> Certainly some are, but they are between a rock and a hard place.
> To win, they have to vote for a cretin because Dems did...
>
> So basically Democrats do the wrong thing hoping other voters will
> do the "right" thing.

I'd rather see DeSantis, or even Haley, as the next POTUS.
Trump is just *obnoxious* (though he was a pretty good
'technical' POTUS). However even Trump is preferable to
the America-haters/enemies the Dems/Wokies constantly
push.

The larger issue is that the USA seems to be drifting in
the direction of so many crappy dictatorships (and France)
in abusing the legal system to get vengeance on political
foes. This is a terrible thing in many dimensions. With
the Wokies, the USA seems to be becoming One Of *THOSE*
Countries ... Like NK, Russia, Iran,<long list>

As such, to paraphrase, "Democrats are doing the wrong
thing hoping other voters will also do the wrong thing"