Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 16:03:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TN: BdN, Metalica, Morgon, 3rd day Barolo, OR
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Tue, 15 Mar 2022 23:03 UTC

Last Monday I had a 2000 Massolino Vigna Rionda Barolo ready to go with Betsy’s bolognese, but suddenly starting feeling queasy. I’m still not sure a virus or something I ate, but no wine Mon or Tuesday. Wednesday I was alone but feeling fine, tried a glass of the Massolino (had been returned from decanter to bottle, without sediment being rinsed). A touch murky, edge of bitterness, but good at core. Black cherry fruit, anise, road tar. Still some tannin but fairly approachable. Look forward to other bottle treated properly.
Rest used to braise short ribs for claret dinner described separately.

With salmon the 2018 Goodfellow Durant Chardonnay
More minerally than a very good Whistling Ridge I tried recently. White fruits, iodine, rocks, light oak notes. Needs time but really nice. B+, A potential

Chicken nabemono from freezer
2017 Lapierre Morgon
Juicy, easy to like, raspberry and cherry, I enjoy but find myself thinking I shoulda opened a Foillard. B

Sunday swordfish, roasted peppers, potatoes, and the 2020 Collestefano Verdicchio di Matelica,
Meyer lemon, grapefruit, floral, with a saline mineral finish. Great value B+/B

NV Barbichon Blanc des Noirs Extra Brut (disg., 10/17)
Citrus and toast, full and rich, but somehow doesn’t really ring my bell. Acceptable., B-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.