From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Mariupol situation 'severe' as West rushes to send arms
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 16:25:34 +0100
 by: slider - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 15:25 UTC

Russia pushed for a crucial early victory in its new eastern offensive
Wednesday, pressuring the last pocket of Ukrainian resistance in the
besieged port city of Mariupol to surrender as its forces sought to
advance in the Donbas industrial heartland.

With his country’s invaders taking the war into a decisive new phase,
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said attacks in the east had
increased significantly and called the situation in Mariupol “extremely
severe.”

He urged no delay in the supply of heavy weapons that Kyiv has said could
ultimately decide the fate of the battle for the Donbas — a request that
looks set to be met by his allies.

The United States is expected to announce another package of military aid,
multiple officials said, while other Western countries have also moved to
shore up Ukraine’s defenses for a fight that is expected to look very
different from the war’s first two months.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/live-blog/russia-ukraine-war-live-updates-mariupol-deadline-west-weapons-biden-rcna25123

interests / alt.dreams.castaneda / Mariupol situation 'severe' as West rushes to send arms