Nobody ever died from oven crude poisoning.

interests / alt.politics / Now Sports-Stars Attacking Each Other

SubjectAuthor
* Now Sports-Stars Attacking Each Other26B.X929
`* Re: Now Sports-Stars Attacking Each Otherrbowman
 `* Re: Now Sports-Stars Attacking Each Other26B.X929
  `* Re: Now Sports-Stars Attacking Each Otherrbowman
   `- Re: Now Sports-Stars Attacking Each Other26B.X929

1
Now Sports-Stars Attacking Each Other

<s_ednRe75dGF8q75nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=27408&group=alt.politics#27408

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.survival,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa,soc.culture.usa
From: 26BX...@zoq22u.net (26B.X929)
Subject: Now Sports-Stars Attacking Each Other
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 22:06:15 -0400
 by: 26B.X929 - Mon, 10 Apr 2023 02:06 UTC

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/rudy-gobert-punches-timberwolves-teammate-timeout-gets-sent-home

Minnesota Timberwolves center Rudy Gobert had to be sent
home Sunday after punching teammate Kyle Anderson during a
timeout in the team’s final regular-season game.

Gobert and Anderson were seen talking on the Timberwolves’
bench during a timeout in their game against the New Orleans
Pelicans, and it was clearly a heated exchange as their body
language appeared animated.

But things were brought to another level when Gobert stepped
forward and punched Anderson in his chest.

.. . .

Things just keep drifting more and more Mad Max ...

Everyone seems angry, but most don't seem to know
about WHAT exactly. What did Carter call it, "malaise" ?
Seemed funny, at the time.

'Civility' was already low, and then the Covid debacle
kind of seems to have delivered the final blow. It was
never THIS bad even in the 60s - and the "Peace-n-Love"
has been thrown in the trashcan and set on fire.

The far left is GOOD at its work. The GOP likes to
blather, but to DO something, take countermeasures,
does not seem to be in its skill set.

Short of a massive Sino-Russian invasion, what can
pull us back together again ?

Thing is, they've ALREADY invaded, LONG ago. Their
plans to set us against ourselves are the soldiers.

The only funny bit is their domestic helpers, who
seem to think they'll be "beloved comrades" when
it goes to hell. You can never trust those who
will betray their own countrymen - so guess who
will be the first up against the wall for Xi's
firing squads ?

Re: Now Sports-Stars Attacking Each Other

<k9hmp2Ffmq8U7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=27416&group=alt.politics#27416

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.survival,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa,soc.culture.usa
Subject: Re: Now Sports-Stars Attacking Each Other
Date: 10 Apr 2023 05:56:50 GMT
 by: rbowman - Mon, 10 Apr 2023 05:56 UTC

On Sun, 9 Apr 2023 22:06:15 -0400, 26B.X929 wrote:

> Minnesota Timberwolves center Rudy Gobert had to be sent home Sunday
> after punching teammate Kyle Anderson during a timeout in the team’s
> final regular-season game.

So B-ball is getting to be more like hockey? Step in the right direction.
Now if they could do something to make baseball more interesting than
watching paint dry...

Re: Now Sports-Stars Attacking Each Other

<ApudnUIJfpKxXq75nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=27417&group=alt.politics#27417

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.survival,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa,soc.culture.usa
From: 26BX...@zoq22u.net (26B.X929)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 04:04:59 -0400
 by: 26B.X929 - Mon, 10 Apr 2023 08:04 UTC

On 4/10/23 1:56 AM, rbowman wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Apr 2023 22:06:15 -0400, 26B.X929 wrote:
>
>> Minnesota Timberwolves center Rudy Gobert had to be sent home Sunday
>> after punching teammate Kyle Anderson during a timeout in the team’s
>> final regular-season game.
>
> So B-ball is getting to be more like hockey? Step in the right direction.
> Now if they could do something to make baseball more interesting than
> watching paint dry...

Baseball is kinda supposed to be that way.
Kinda like cricket - slow and deliberate.

The problem with BBall is that they don't have
any big sticks to beat each other with. Maybe
they can combine it with hockey - you don't
so much dribble the ball around as whack it
with the stick to pass or score :-)

Re: Now Sports-Stars Attacking Each Other

<k9io68Fku6tU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=27424&group=alt.politics#27424

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.survival,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa,soc.culture.usa
Date: 10 Apr 2023 15:27:04 GMT
 by: rbowman - Mon, 10 Apr 2023 15:27 UTC

On Mon, 10 Apr 2023 04:04:59 -0400, 26B.X929 wrote:

> Baseball is kinda supposed to be that way. Kinda like cricket - slow
> and deliberate.

Slow is right.

> The problem with BBall is that they don't have any big sticks to beat
> each other with. Maybe they can combine it with hockey - you don't so
> much dribble the ball around as whack it with the stick to pass or
> score

Hurling would be good but it helps if you're Irish. Back in the day I hung
around an Irish mafia bar that made book. It was interesting watching
basketball there. People had money riding on the game so they cheered on
their team despite thinking the players should be repatriated to Africa
via a leaking garbage scow. Talk about cognitive dissonance...

Re: Now Sports-Stars Attacking Each Other

<11KdnVxBMYPOMKn5nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=27426&group=alt.politics#27426

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.survival,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa,soc.culture.usa
From: 26BX...@zoq22u.net (26B.X929)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 20:44:02 -0400
 by: 26B.X929 - Tue, 11 Apr 2023 00:44 UTC

On 4/10/23 11:27 AM, rbowman wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2023 04:04:59 -0400, 26B.X929 wrote:
>

>> Baseball is kinda supposed to be that way. Kinda like cricket - slow
>> and deliberate.
>
> Slow is right.
>

>> The problem with BBall is that they don't have any big sticks to beat
>> each other with. Maybe they can combine it with hockey - you don't so
>> much dribble the ball around as whack it with the stick to pass or
>> score
>
> Hurling would be good but it helps if you're Irish. Back in the day I hung
> around an Irish mafia bar that made book. It was interesting watching
> basketball there. People had money riding on the game so they cheered on
> their team despite thinking the players should be repatriated to Africa
> via a leaking garbage scow. Talk about cognitive dissonance...

Hey, The Team is The Team !

Now 99.9% of the time and they may be racist hood-headed
NAZI scum (interesting since the Irish rated BELOW 'blacks'
on the social ladder for a time) - but when it comes to
The Team ........

Dissonance ? Yep. However, eventually, such dissonance may
lead to more lasting modes of thought.

But not while the far left is hellbent on setting every
possible group/faction against each other. Shit, they've
been AT that game for over 100 years now and NOBODY seems
to catch on. Apparently you CAN fool all of the people
all of the time (well, more than enough of them). Every
generation is convinced that IT is *SO* MUCH more savvy
and sophisticated than the stupid old-time people ; THEY
won't be fooled ! THEY won't make the same mistakes !

And thus, NOTHING is learned and history "repeats". Same
kinds of BS today as you'd see in clay tablets from
Babylon. Different names, same old shit.