All syllogisms have three parts, therefore this is not a syllogism.

interests / alt.food.wine / TN: Cape Cod wine (plus better stuff from Europe and Oregon)

SubjectAuthor
* TN: Cape Cod wine (plus better stuff from Europe and Oregon)dalewilli...@gmail.com
`- Re: TN: Cape Cod wine (plus better stuff from Europe and Oregon)Mark Lipton

1
TN: Cape Cod wine (plus better stuff from Europe and Oregon)

<375ef850-c63c-493a-b796-caf5ef1574aan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=275&group=alt.food.wine#275

Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 13:08:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TN: Cape Cod wine (plus better stuff from Europe and Oregon)
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 20:08 UTC

Crab cakes and the 2017 Baudry La Croix Boissee Chinon blanc
Young and a bit tight, but lovely honied Chenin fruit with dry minerally finish., B+ (needs time)

Corned beef with cabbage and potatoes
2015 Donnhoff Riesling QbA
Sweet limeade, crunchy, fun, excellent for level. B

2006 Zilliken Saarburger Rausch RIesling Kabinett
OK, big and sweet for Kabinett, but not for 2006. No apparent botrytis (I know Kabinett wouldn’t normally, but 2006).Very floral, good acids, peach and citrus blossoms. B+/B

A jar of black truffles had been sitting around since Christmas, Betsy roasted a chicken with truffles under skin,served with freekah and spinach
First bottle of 2002 Pavelot Savigny-les-Beaune was corked. Second bottle was a pointe, red fruit (cherry and raspberry)laced with spice and just a hint of merde. No real tannin left, balanced acids, good length. The good bottle was a good argument for aging village wines. B++

A real dinner party (with negative tests first). We started outside with rilletes, saucisson sec,smoked mussels, and the NV Barnaut, Blanc de Blancs Brut Éclat de Chardonnay, Champagne. I’m generally a Barnaut fan, but not really this bottle. Simultaneously seems sharp and overly dosaged- acidic attack, and then slightly cloying finish. Tastes like Brut Nature coming in, “extra dry”on finish.Unsure what happened here. B-/C+

To table for oysters with ramp mignonette, scallop crudo (3 kinds of daikon, blood orange/tamari drizzle)
2019 Boulay Sancerre Chavignol
Somewhat rich style, with ripe citrus accented with gooseberry and fresh mowed lawn. B=?B

Duck breast, escarole risotto, broccolini , followed by cheese (Robiola, Rascal) and Lenore’s homemade gelato and berries

‘1986 Sociando-Mallet
I just opened one last weekend, but the backup was standing up, so what the hell. Similar showing,. Blackcurrant, cigarbox, and green herbs. Balanced and long, Everyone’s favorite red, if maybe trailing the Barolo and Burg for duck matching. B+/A-

2006 Domaine de L'Arlot “Clos Des Forets” Nuits-St-Georges 1er
Quite tight, not very giving, mire structure than fruit at moment. B for now

2004 Rocche Dei Manzoni”Vigna D'la Roul” Barolo
I’d put this in the midmodern category. There’s a mocha note that hints at small oak, yet there is also tar and rose petals, along with some pretty black cherry fruit. Pretty fun, if not super traditional B+
It was finally time.At Ruby’s birthday party in October a well-meaning neighbor gave me a bottle of NV Truro Cranberry Red. This crew was game to taste. I’ll say it’s:
The best “grape wine with cranberry concentrate”I’ve ever had
To best of my memory, the best wine I’ve ever had from Cape Cod
Certainly the best wine I’ve had in a bottle shaped like a lighthouse.
So what did it taste like? Ocean spray cranberry and Smuckers grape jam, with a big foxy note. I assume hybrid/American grapes. While probably a B+ for hybrid with fruit concentrate fans, I am afraid for a Vinifera guy it;s a D.

Sunday night was roast striped bass, leftover risotto, broccoli, and salad. Wine was the 2019 Goodfellow Dundee Hills Chardonnay., A little match sulfur/reductive note that quickly blows off. Lemon and apple, a little oak in background, somewhat tightly coiled, yet attractive already This could use some time, but my other bottle might not get it. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Re: TN: Cape Cod wine (plus better stuff from Europe and Oregon)

<t1bdgl$1ee4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=276&group=alt.food.wine#276

From: not...@ude.eudrup (Mark Lipton)
Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 22:49:56 -0400
 by: Mark Lipton - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 02:49 UTC

On 3/21/22 4:08 PM, dalewilli...@gmail.com wrote:

> It was finally time.At Ruby’s birthday party in October a well-meaning neighbor gave me a bottle of NV Truro Cranberry Red. This crew was game to taste. I’ll say it’s:
> The best “grape wine with cranberry concentrate”I’ve ever had
> To best of my memory, the best wine I’ve ever had from Cape Cod
> Certainly the best wine I’ve had in a bottle shaped like a lighthouse.
> So what did it taste like? Ocean spray cranberry and Smuckers grape jam, with a big foxy note. I assume hybrid/American grapes. While probably a B+ for hybrid with fruit concentrate fans, I am afraid for a Vinifera guy it;s a D.

LOL!! Thanks for taking one for the team, Dale. Nice notes on the rest
of your wines, too.

Mark Lipton