From: antoff....@gmail.com (Anton Shepelev)
Newsgroups: alt.english.usage
Subject: Langoleers
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 23:36:06 +0300
 by: Anton Shepelev - Sat, 11 Sep 2021 20:36 UTC

The current situation in this newsgroup proves my conjecture,
expressed some years ago, that Usenet spammers behave like Stephen
King's langoliers\ --\ entities that devour Matter after Time
passes it and leaves behind. That is very irrational of them\ --\
spamming where no one is reading.

/\ http://preview.tinyurl.com/qcy6mjc [archived]

Re: Langoleers

<3cn0kgt0e5c0slr9vpbk1o1182mkv47h3t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2817&group=alt.english.usage#2817

From: hayes...@telkomsa.net (Steve Hayes)
Newsgroups: alt.english.usage
Subject: Re: Langoleers
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 10:31:25 +0200
 by: Steve Hayes - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 08:31 UTC

On Sat, 11 Sep 2021 23:36:06 +0300, Anton Shepelev
<antoff.txt@gmail.com> wrote:

>The current situation in this newsgroup proves my conjecture,
>expressed some years ago, that Usenet spammers behave like Stephen
>King's langoliers\ --\ entities that devour Matter after Time
>passes it and leaves behind. That is very irrational of them\ --\
>spamming where no one is reading.

You mean like the current pesky spammer "Adam Bag"?

--
Ignore the following - it's spammers for spambot fodder.

jessicawlyam89@gmail.com
Daryl Kabatoff <doukhoborarchivescanada@gmail.com>
lucymartin161994@gmail.com
lunapetersonmouton@gmail.com
lindaqwhite1@gmail.com
chjichu@gmail.com
olivia.o.miller@gmail.com
adultfriendclubs@gmail.com
kolomenskiy.leonard@mail.ru
edik.grizovskiy@mail.ru
finddatingmen@gmail.com
solutions.for.student@gmail.com
trustsolutionsteam@hotmail.com
searchdatingsingle@gmail.com
tomandrus4@gmail.com
adultsinglesdating@gmail.com
gburdine57@gmail.com
datingpersonalssites@gmail.com
girlsdating170@gmail.com
adultfriendclubs@gmail.com
casualxdating@gmail.com
jenniferjeen526@gmail.com
janicedhensley@gmail.com
meask669@gmail.com
adultsinglesdating@gmail.com
Jersey Marlin <jerseymarlin@gmail.com>
sk.invest.club@gmail.com

Re: Langoleers

<20210914124701.6d654af4906b7ae0c990a180@g{oogle}mail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2818&group=alt.english.usage#2818

From: anton....@g{oogle}mail.com (Anton Shepelev)
Newsgroups: alt.english.usage
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 12:47:01 +0300
 by: Anton Shepelev - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 09:47 UTC

Steve Hayes to Anton Shepelev:

> > The current situation in this newsgroup proves my con-
> > jecture, expressed some years ago, that Usenet spammers
> > behave like Stephen King's langoliers -- entities that
> > devour Matter after Time passes it and leaves behind.
> > That is very irrational of them --s pamming where no one
> > is reading.
>
> You mean like the current pesky spammer "Adam Bag"?

Even like he, Steve. Have you consulted the support groups
of the major free servers -- Eternal September and
AIOE -- about what they can do SPAM? I have had very posi-
tive experience with their administrators, who have always
reacted to my reports, and quickly too. Beware that the pub-
lic support groups are not the preferred channel for specif-
ic spam reports, and one is expected to send them in to des-
ignated e-mail addresses specified on the servers' web-
sites.

If you have a Google account, it may be useful to repoted
the offending post through their Google Groups interface to
Usenet...

/\ http://preview.tinyurl.com/qcy6mjc [archived]

Re: Langoleers

<mf41kglqg0ul4o01h2anm2v819c1lnnb15@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2819&group=alt.english.usage#2819

From: hayes...@telkomsa.net (Steve Hayes)
Newsgroups: alt.english.usage
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 14:16:57 +0200
 by: Steve Hayes - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 12:16 UTC

On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 12:47:01 +0300, Anton Shepelev
<anton.txt@g{oogle}mail.com> wrote:

>If you have a Google account, it may be useful to repoted
>the offending post through their Google Groups interface to
>Usenet...

I've been foinf that with Adam Bag's posts, as he has a gmail address,
and most of the regular spamers post from there. I've been marking his
posts as abuse, and perhaps you could do the same.

There is also the "Mary Monkey" poster, and the people who try to
hijack newsgroups and tell people that they are "dating sites". Nearly
all of them have gmail addresses, so report them to Google.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com

Re: Langoleers

<20210914153134.783015655900ab09a9de82e2@g{oogle}mail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2820&group=alt.english.usage#2820

From: anton....@g{oogle}mail.com (Anton Shepelev)
Newsgroups: alt.english.usage
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 15:31:34 +0300
 by: Anton Shepelev - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 12:31 UTC

Steve Hayes to Anton Shepelev:

> I've been foinf that with Adam Bag's posts, as he has a
> gmail address, and most of the regular spamers post from
> there. I've been marking his posts as abuse, and perhaps
> you could do the same.

Yes, but this is the least efficient method.

> There is also the "Mary Monkey" poster, and the people who
> try to hijack newsgroups and tell people that they are
> "dating sites". Nearly all of them have gmail addresses,
> so report them to Google.

Google seem to ignore such reports until they exceed a cer-
tain critical mass, at which point they simply block the
group from GG. To help people that access Usenet via proper
newsreaders, it is best to report spammers to news server
administrators. This works.

/\ http://preview.tinyurl.com/qcy6mjc [archived]

interests / alt.english.usage / Langoleers