Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,soc.culture.usa,alt.survival,alt.politics.trump
From: 26BX...@zpq24q.net (26B.X948)
Subject: IBM Suspends Human Hiring - Plans For "AI" To Replace Them
Date: Mon, 1 May 2023 22:13:51 -0400
 by: 26B.X948 - Tue, 2 May 2023 02:13 UTC

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ibm-stop-hiring-roles-can-be-replaced-ai-nearly-8000-workers-be-replaced-automation

IBM CEO Arvind Krishna said the company expects to pause hiring
for roles it thinks could be replaced with artificial intelligence
in the coming years. As a result, hiring in back-office functions —
such as human resources — will be suspended or slowed, Krishna said
in an interview. These non-customer-facing roles amount to
roughly 26,000 workers, Krishna said. “I could easily see 30%
of that getting replaced by AI and automation over a five-year
period.” That would mean roughly 7,800 jobs lost.

.. . .

I've got stock in IBM. I'm gonna DUMP it.

Musk has it right, serious LAWS need to be put in
place FAST to halt the replacement of human workers
with "AI". FAST ! Like BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR.

Some POTUS/congressional/senate candidates want a
REAL hot-button issue to campaign on ? THIS IS IT.
Beats the shit out of McCarthy's Reds Under The
Beds.

BTW ... there's an impassable "gotcha" in all this.
If humans have no jobs/income then THEY CAN'T BUY
ANYONE'S STUFF. Think about it, you'll see.