From: ckg...@f???rbes.com (Carol Kinsey Goman)
Subject: Re: "A conservative case for an assault weapons ban"
Newsgroups: misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Wed, 3 May 2023 13:33:50 -0700
 by: Carol Kinsey Goman - Wed, 3 May 2023 20:33 UTC

On 12/21/2012 1:58 PM, scooter lied:
> "Carol Kinsey Goman"<ckg@förbes.com> wrote in message
>> On 12/21/2012 11:41 AM, scooter lied:
>>> "Carol Kinsey Goman"<ckg@förbes.com> wrote in message

>>> Milller....Miller... I don't recall any Miller in the 2nd Amendment.
>>
>> There isn't any mention of Miller in the second amendment itself, of
>> course.
>
> Then it doesn't govern what the 2nd Amendment says.

Of course it does!  The opinion of the court addressed what the second amendment
means.

>> The Miller decision of the SCOTUS supplies an interpretation -
>> controlling - that the second amendment does not preclude the
>> government limiting what arms you may own.
>
> Well, that's nice, but I'm missing the part of the Constitution where it
> says the government gets to decide what portions, if any, of the
> Constitution it will obey.

Red herring.

>> In other words, the second amendment does not recognize a "right" to
>> own *any* arm you might wish to own.
>
> Wrong.

No, I'm right.  The second amendment does not recognize a right to own just
whatever arms you might wish to own.  The amendment recognizes a right, which it
does not define, to arms.  The right that it recognizes is not a right to just
whatever arms you wish to have.  This is settled, scooter.