Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.misc
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 16:57:53 -0700 (PDT)
<caa806d6-4065-481b-a4ac-c2088db32763n@googlegroups.com> <c5a536f3-90ab-4c48-b148-2f370bae07b6n@googlegroups.com>
<29f2858f-5c86-4d77-821e-88010499771bn@googlegroups.com> <5l6b4ghdj9dkku4mrdfqah05lrg2mrsamn@4ax.com>
<37d953b3-3147-478a-91e6-5245f4fd1667n@googlegroups.com> <lbkb4gd85mdg265ed6mu6dthskhk4f2ehs@4ax.com>
<c7eeae90-ec61-4a40-818c-17e36803c8dbn@googlegroups.com> <8o2e4gpmfn671l6pj2670sdva2akuklg3v@4ax.com>
<61282ae0-68f9-4ab8-990e-6b98d28fad3bn@googlegroups.com> <893f034f-f064-421a-b412-dacec40ad905n@googlegroups.com>
<pyr7I.93922$mK3.84050@fx43.iad> <ac461eb0-cd33-4543-b139-0a37bc229ae1n@googlegroups.com>
<a1342690-93c5-459f-aa18-e86436aebd63n@googlegroups.com> <id3tcbFroo8U1@mid.individual.net>
<fe3908b9-d009-439a-b766-585225b863d3n@googlegroups.com> <id6prrF6cb5U1@mid.individual.net>
<d3ceb0fb-aa08-41d5-a9bd-de16386100c8n@googlegroups.com> <7c285ae9-844d-44e1-9ef4-8764b210e34dn@googlegroups.com>
<c9159f3b-49a6-4160-adce-18cac57c2ba0n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Opening traps are killers
From: nastyhor...@gmail.com (Eli Kesef)
 by: Eli Kesef - Sat, 15 May 2021 23:57 UTC

Bs"d

Here I played an improved Fried Liver, aka "lolli attack". In stead of at the first opportunity smacking your horse in on f7, you first play e4, which, according to Bobby Fisher, makes the attack much stronger.

And so I did. Now the point is, that the pawn on e4 can easily be taken by an enemy horse. But, unfortunately for the enemy, if he does that, he is going to lose a horse. In this game: https://lichess.org/4BwedXJq1ftW the enemy indeed took the horse, which meant that he came out of the opening with a horse missing. From there it was easy sailing, no need for me to sacrifice my own horse on f7, just quiet play with a horse more and victory was mine.

That's what you get when you refuse to learn opening traps.

Just saying.

If you refuse to learn opening traps and you're up against and opponent armed with a big bag of opening traps, then you're walking through a minefield..

https://tinyurl.com/mind-ur-step