From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Lavrov says 'total hybrid war' has been declared
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 15:00:13 +0100
 by: slider - Sat, 14 May 2022 14:00 UTC

In a speech on the 80th day of the war in Ukraine, Russian Foreign
Minister Sergei Lavrov said: 'The collective West has announced a total
hybrid war on us.

'It is difficult to forecast how long this will all last, but it is clear
that the consequences will be felt by everybody without exception.

'We’ve done everything to avoid a direct clash but the challenge has been
thrown to us and we accept it. Cancel culture against everything Russia is
being used against us.'

'We are doing everything we can to defend the interests of our citizens
abroad. Ukraine is an instrument, a tool, to contain Russia’s peaceful
development,' he said.

As US President Joe Biden held a joint call with Finland's leaders on
Friday to support their NATO application, Russian officials responded with
furious bluster, with one threatening to reduce the US to 'nuclear ashes'
if America 'threatens' the Russian state.

'The West is opposing Russia to the last Ukrainian, especially the United
States which is [fighting] from beyond the ocean,' said Lavrov.

'Now [Secretary General Jens] Stoltenberg, through the mouth of Liz Truss,
say NATO has responsibility for global security issues.'

Zhuravlyov told Russian state media: 'If Finland wants to join this bloc,
then our goal is absolutely legitimate - to question the existence of this
state. This is logical.

'If the United States threatens our state, it's good: here is the Sarmat
[Satan-2 missile] for you, and there will be nuclear ashes from you if you
think that Russia should not exist.

'And Finland says that it is at one with the USA. Well, get in line.

Asked if Russia would now rebase nuclear weapons onto its border with
Finland, he said: 'What for? We don't need to.

'We can hit with a Sarmat from Siberia, and even reach the UK.

'And if we strike from Kaliningrad... the hypersonic's reaching time is
200 seconds - so go ahead, guys.

'On the Finnish border we will have not strategic weapons, but
Kinzhal-class, one that will reach Finland in 20 seconds, or even 10
seconds.'

'This is natural. If so far we had not predicted possible hostilities on
the part of Finland, then now they are quite possible.

He said Russia would massively strengthen its military forces on its
western flank.

'And this must be taken into account, without a doubt.'

He claimed Finland is being provoked into joining NATO by the US and
Britain.

'The Finns have nothing to share with us. They receive more than 90 per
cent gas, timber and much more from us.

'Who needs fighting first of all? The Finns? They are not afraid that
Russia is attacking them. 'Of course, sooner or later the Americans will
force them to do so.

'Just as they forced Ukraine to do it, they are trying to force Poland and
Romania. And, as practice shows, they succeed.

'It is impossible to say that Finland will join NATO and behave towards us
as before - this will not happen. The Americans will incite them to
provocations.

'We endure for a long time. But this cannot go on forever.'

Reflecting a view among hardliners around Vladimir Putin he said: 'The
United States will do everything possible to make World War III happen.

'Just not on their territory.

'They will try not to lead to nuclear strikes, but they will try to draw
the whole of Europe into a conflict with Russia, inflame the situation in
Asia, [and] set fire to as many countries as possible .
'For them this will be a very good way out of their internal economic
crisis.

'They will be able to attribute all their problems to the war, as they
already did in the First World War and the Second World War.

'They got out of their crisis only thanks to the war in Europe. But there
is a big danger: who guarantees that nuclear missiles will not fly? I do
not guarantee this.'

Asked by Ura news outlet if Russia could strike first with nuclear
weapons, he replied: 'Certainly.'

Asked under what conditions, he replied this would happen if the existence
of Russia was threatened.

Finland and Sweden were now 'joining an Alliance that wants to destroy
Russia. Therefore, we want to destroy them in response.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10815861/Russia-threatens-nuke-Britain-Satan-2-missile-just-200-seconds-Finland-10-seconds.html