Well, you know, no matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai

interests / alt.politics / Re: Why Trump Will Lose In 2024

SubjectAuthor
o Re: Why Trump Will Lose In 202426B.X948

1
Re: Why Trump Will Lose In 2024

<U0SdnVkyxLAHucr5nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=28279&group=alt.politics#28279

Subject: Re: Why Trump Will Lose In 2024
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.trump,soc.culture.usa
From: 26BX...@zpq24q.net (26B.X948)
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 00:10:02 -0400
 by: 26B.X948 - Sun, 7 May 2023 04:10 UTC

On 5/6/23 11:58 PM, Charlie Glock wrote:
> On 2023-05-07, 26B.X948 <26BX948@zpq24q.net> wrote:

>>> Good post.
>>
>>> The problem with the GOP is that they always seem to be split on candidates where the Democrats
>>> more or less stick together and vote as a block.
>>
>> Agreed. The GOP is far too divided. Makes it difficult
>> for them to front/support candidates. Too many of
>> their candidates are "personality cult" figures -
>> esp including Trump. Not much overall strategy involved.
>> The Dems are much better at this. It HAS to change
>> very quickly. It HAS to be a 'war mindset' from now on.
>> Do what's REQUIRED, do what's STRATEGIC. Overcome.
>> Pick/support WINNERS regardless of personal faves.
>>
>>> Too many career politicians and rinos.
>>
>> Well, we KNOW about career pols - hasn't changed
>> in 10,000 years :-)
>
> People like Mitch McConnell, Pelosi, Schumer, etc are the poster children for term limits.
> They are no longer serving the people's interests but lining their own pockets.

It's beyond that ... more a predictable result of
'political' careers. I mentioned 10,000 years for
a reason. Not sure if term limits fix it- or just
accelerate the process.

What we have is a severe shortage of "good/principled
people" - the kind that can resist the temptations of
power. Never have been many. 10,000 years ago the bad
results were very local, but now ......

Took out your 'guns' group - we can't shoot our way
out of this anymore, it's all too complex. Revolutions
in 1st-world countries guarentee the become 3rd-world
countries Real Quick - and their enemies overwhelm them.