Advertising is the rattling of a stick inside a swill bucket. -- George Orwell

interests / rec.food.cooking / Peeled Zebra Tongue

SubjectAuthor
* Peeled Zebra TongueSqwertz
+- Re: Peeled Zebra TongueEd Pawlowski
`* Re: Peeled Zebra TongueAlex
 `* Re: Peeled Zebra TongueSqwertz
  +* Re: Peeled Zebra TongueJanet
  |+- Re: Peeled Zebra TongueAlex
  |`* Re: Peeled Zebra TongueSqwertz
  | `* Re: Peeled Zebra TongueSqwertz
  |  `- Re: Peeled Zebra TongueAlex
  +* Re: Peeled Zebra Tonguesongbird
  |`* Re: Peeled Zebra TongueLeonard Blaisdell
  | `* Re: Peeled Zebra Tonguesongbird
  |  +* Re: Peeled Zebra TongueLeonard Blaisdell
  |  |`* Re: Peeled Zebra TongueSqwertz
  |  | `* Re: Peeled Zebra TongueAlex
  |  |  `* Re: Peeled Zebra TongueHank Rogers
  |  |   `* Re: Peeled Zebra TongueAlex
  |  |    `- Re: Peeled Zebra TongueHank Rogers
  |  `- Re: Peeled Zebra TongueSqwertz
  `- Re: Peeled Zebra TongueAlex

1
Peeled Zebra Tongue

<pkhkgvfq0slv.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287620&group=rec.food.cooking#287620

From: sqwert...@gmail.compost (Sqwertz)
Subject: Peeled Zebra Tongue
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 23:02:39 -0500
 by: Sqwertz - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 04:02 UTC

Zebra tongue is highly prized for its "medicinal" purposes when
consumed in various forms. It boosts your libido and sexual
prowess at least 20-fold (conservative). Which may partially
explain the AIDS epidemic in Africa.

This was harvested on Thursday, and they're peeled while at the
height of rigor. You can't cook them with the skin on and peel
later (unless you have TIAD) as they have certain tongue
enzymes(*) that smell and taste like shit when they are killed
from the cooking. And they're near impossible to skin economically
for sale post-rigor and still raw. So They're peeled en rigor and
usually only presented at "special occasions" due to the
extra-timely care and special handling (for African "Standards").

https://i.postimg.cc/v8fHqyKB/Peeled-Zebra-Tongue.jpg

If you get a personal invitation to a dinner party that mentions
Zebra Tongue as one of the final courses (in anywhere but
Eestawani) YOU GO. You would be remiss in not going and an insult
the host for turning down such a personal honor.

.... But still take a few dozen condoms and gallon+ of lube because
you're gonna get laid. Sure, you say it won't happen for 3
dozen reasons <yawn>. But it will (and about 3 dozen times).

Rather than personally inviting y'all and putting you on the spot
like that, you can just show up at 7:30PM on Wednesday for an
automatic, unconditional invitation Wednesday @ 7:30PM for you and
another guest that is of the genuine physical opposite sex as
yourself (no "Identifies as..." bullshitlshit - this aint gonna be
no homo clam jam, sausage fest, or Jack-in-The-Box reveal party).

See some of you then! (or forever hold your peace).

-dsw

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<e9oXM.46960$w4ec.16703@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287621&group=rec.food.cooking#287621

Subject: Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 00:34:17 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 04:34 UTC

On 10/17/2023 12:02 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Zebra tongue is highly prized for its "medicinal" purposes when
> consumed in various forms. It boosts your libido and sexual
> prowess at least 20-fold (conservative). Which may partially
> explain the AIDS epidemic in Africa.
>
> This was harvested on Thursday, and they're peeled while at the
> height of rigor. You can't cook them with the skin on and peel
> later (unless you have TIAD) as they have certain tongue
> enzymes(*) that smell and taste like shit when they are killed
> from the cooking. And they're near impossible to skin economically
> for sale post-rigor and still raw. So They're peeled en rigor and
> usually only presented at "special occasions" due to the
> extra-timely care and special handling (for African "Standards").
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/v8fHqyKB/Peeled-Zebra-Tongue.jpg
>
> If you get a personal invitation to a dinner party that mentions
> Zebra Tongue as one of the final courses (in anywhere but
> Eestawani) YOU GO. You would be remiss in not going and an insult
> the host for turning down such a personal honor.
>
> ... But still take a few dozen condoms and gallon+ of lube because
> you're gonna get laid. Sure, you say it won't happen for 3
> dozen reasons <yawn>. But it will (and about 3 dozen times).
>
> Rather than personally inviting y'all and putting you on the spot
> like that, you can just show up at 7:30PM on Wednesday for an
> automatic, unconditional invitation Wednesday @ 7:30PM for you and
> another guest that is of the genuine physical opposite sex as
> yourself (no "Identifies as..." bullshitlshit - this aint gonna be
> no homo clam jam, sausage fest, or Jack-in-The-Box reveal party).
>
> See some of you then! (or forever hold your peace).
>
> -dsw

It sure looks yummy. Is there a good market for that in your area? I'm
thinking if you franchise, I'd want the St. Louis area, know it would be
a big seljer there.

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<laqcnTc9H8YFjrL4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287764&group=rec.food.cooking#287764

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: Xela...@gmail.com (Alex)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:07:04 -0400
 by: Alex - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 23:07 UTC

Sqwertz wrote:
> Zebra tongue is highly prized for its "medicinal" purposes when
> consumed in various forms. It boosts your libido and sexual
> prowess at least 20-fold (conservative). Which may partially
> explain the AIDS epidemic in Africa.
>
> This was harvested on Thursday, and they're peeled while at the
> height of rigor. You can't cook them with the skin on and peel
> later (unless you have TIAD) as they have certain tongue
> enzymes(*) that smell and taste like shit when they are killed
> from the cooking. And they're near impossible to skin economically
> for sale post-rigor and still raw. So They're peeled en rigor and
> usually only presented at "special occasions" due to the
> extra-timely care and special handling (for African "Standards").
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/v8fHqyKB/Peeled-Zebra-Tongue.jpg
>
> If you get a personal invitation to a dinner party that mentions
> Zebra Tongue as one of the final courses (in anywhere but
> Eestawani) YOU GO. You would be remiss in not going and an insult
> the host for turning down such a personal honor.
>
> ... But still take a few dozen condoms and gallon+ of lube because
> you're gonna get laid. Sure, you say it won't happen for 3
> dozen reasons <yawn>. But it will (and about 3 dozen times).
>
> Rather than personally inviting y'all and putting you on the spot
> like that, you can just show up at 7:30PM on Wednesday for an
> automatic, unconditional invitation Wednesday @ 7:30PM for you and
> another guest that is of the genuine physical opposite sex as
> yourself (no "Identifies as..." bullshitlshit - this aint gonna be
> no homo clam jam, sausage fest, or Jack-in-The-Box reveal party).
>
> See some of you then! (or forever hold your peace).
>
> -dsw

Nice fillet!

Here is a place to get the real thing in TX...

https://www.oxhuntingranch.com/texas/zebra-hunting/

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<1kws7y1jewyvx$.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287806&group=rec.food.cooking#287806

From: sqwert...@gmail.compost (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 23:04:53 -0500
 by: Sqwertz - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 04:04 UTC

On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:07:04 -0400, Alex wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>> Zebra tongue is highly prized for its "medicinal" purposes when
>> consumed in various forms. It boosts your libido and sexual
>> prowess at least 20-fold (conservative). Which may partially
>> explain the AIDS epidemic in Africa.
>>
>> This was harvested on Thursday, and they're peeled while at the
>> height of rigor. You can't cook them with the skin on and peel
>> later (unless you have TIAD) as they have certain tongue
>> enzymes(*) that smell and taste like shit when they are killed
>> from the cooking. And they're near impossible to skin economically
>> for sale post-rigor and still raw. So They're peeled en rigor and
>> usually only presented at "special occasions" due to the
>> extra-timely care and special handling (for African "Standards").
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/v8fHqyKB/Peeled-Zebra-Tongue.jpg
>>
>> If you get a personal invitation to a dinner party that mentions
>> Zebra Tongue as one of the final courses (in anywhere but
>> Eestawani) YOU GO. You would be remiss in not going and an insult
>> the host for turning down such a personal honor.
>>
>> ... But still take a few dozen condoms and gallon+ of lube because
>> you're gonna get laid. Sure, you say it won't happen for 3
>> dozen reasons <yawn>. But it will (and about 3 dozen times).
>>
>> Rather than personally inviting y'all and putting you on the spot
>> like that, you can just show up at 7:30PM on Wednesday for an
>> automatic, unconditional invitation Wednesday @ 7:30PM for you and
>> another guest that is of the genuine physical opposite sex as
>> yourself (no "Identifies as..." bullshitlshit - this aint gonna be
>> no homo clam jam, sausage fest, or Jack-in-The-Box reveal party).
>>
>> See some of you then! (or forever hold your peace).
>>
>> -dsw
>
> Nice fillet!
>
> Here is a place to get the real thing in TX...
>
> https://www.oxhuntingranch.com/texas/zebra-hunting/

These TX "Hunting Ranches" are for pussies - especially non-native
species. True wild hog hunting is free (if you know somebody or
their neighbor with land) and is sporting and useful since they're
a nuisance most places.

And there's also bare knuckle alligator wresting to the death.
Technically on commercial "resort" ranches just for hunting, but
still very sportsman-like and they're native species.

But Texas Zebra? Not so much.

-sw

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<MPG.3f99c75d639919b8989a69@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287826&group=rec.food.cooking#287826

From: nob...@home.com (Janet)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 11:44:19 +0100
 by: Janet - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 10:44 UTC

In article <1kws7y1jewyvx$.dlg@sqwertz.com>,
sqwertzme@gmail.compost says...

> On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:07:04 -0400, Alex wrote:
>
> > Sqwertz wrote:
> >> Zebra tongue is highly prized for its "medicinal" purposes when
> >> consumed in various forms. It boosts your libido and sexual
> >> prowess at least 20-fold (conservative). Which may partially
> >> explain the AIDS epidemic in Africa.
> >>
> >> This was harvested on Thursday, and they're peeled while at the
> >> height of rigor. You can't cook them with the skin on and peel
> >> later (unless you have TIAD) as they have certain tongue
> >> enzymes(*) that smell and taste like shit when they are killed
> >> from the cooking. And they're near impossible to skin economically
> >> for sale post-rigor and still raw. So They're peeled en rigor and
> >> usually only presented at "special occasions" due to the
> >> extra-timely care and special handling (for African "Standards").
> >>
> >> https://i.postimg.cc/v8fHqyKB/Peeled-Zebra-Tongue.jpg
> >>
> >> If you get a personal invitation to a dinner party that mentions
> >> Zebra Tongue as one of the final courses (in anywhere but
> >> Eestawani) YOU GO. You would be remiss in not going and an insult
> >> the host for turning down such a personal honor.
> >>
> >> ... But still take a few dozen condoms and gallon+ of lube because
> >> you're gonna get laid. Sure, you say it won't happen for 3
> >> dozen reasons <yawn>. But it will (and about 3 dozen times).
> >>
> >> Rather than personally inviting y'all and putting you on the spot
> >> like that, you can just show up at 7:30PM on Wednesday for an
> >> automatic, unconditional invitation Wednesday @ 7:30PM for you and
> >> another guest that is of the genuine physical opposite sex as
> >> yourself (no "Identifies as..." bullshitlshit - this aint gonna be
> >> no homo clam jam, sausage fest, or Jack-in-The-Box reveal party).
> >>
> >> See some of you then! (or forever hold your peace).
> >>
> >> -dsw
> >
> > Nice fillet!
> >
> > Here is a place to get the real thing in TX...
> >
> > https://www.oxhuntingranch.com/texas/zebra-hunting/

Are they breeding zebra (and African antelopes etc) for
that purpose ?

Janet UK

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<bs250k-eq5.ln1@anthive.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287835&group=rec.food.cooking#287835

From: songb...@anthive.com (songbird)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 09:23:55 -0400
 by: songbird - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 13:23 UTC

Sqwertz wrote:
> These TX "Hunting Ranches" are for pussies - especially non-native
> species. True wild hog hunting is free (if you know somebody or
> their neighbor with land) and is sporting and useful since they're
> a nuisance most places.

they're always open season here but i've not seen
any around our neighborhood. a few miles away someone
bagged a 300+lb boar.

i think most of them were escapees that went feral.

songbird

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<kpb5ifF3u7oU7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287882&group=rec.food.cooking#287882

From: leoblais...@sbcglobal.net (Leonard Blaisdell)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: 18 Oct 2023 22:46:40 GMT
 by: Leonard Blaisdell - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 22:46 UTC

On 2023-10-18, songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:

> they're always open season here but i've not seen
> any around our neighborhood. a few miles away someone
> bagged a 300+lb boar.

> i think most of them were escapees that went feral.

Cook 'em well. Trichinosis is still a thing.

leo

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<ZEydnUh1x_48-a34nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287884&group=rec.food.cooking#287884

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: Xela...@gmail.com (Alex)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 19:05:04 -0400
 by: Alex - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 23:05 UTC

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:07:04 -0400, Alex wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>> Zebra tongue is highly prized for its "medicinal" purposes when
>>> consumed in various forms. It boosts your libido and sexual
>>> prowess at least 20-fold (conservative). Which may partially
>>> explain the AIDS epidemic in Africa.
>>>
>>> This was harvested on Thursday, and they're peeled while at the
>>> height of rigor. You can't cook them with the skin on and peel
>>> later (unless you have TIAD) as they have certain tongue
>>> enzymes(*) that smell and taste like shit when they are killed
>>> from the cooking. And they're near impossible to skin economically
>>> for sale post-rigor and still raw. So They're peeled en rigor and
>>> usually only presented at "special occasions" due to the
>>> extra-timely care and special handling (for African "Standards").
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/v8fHqyKB/Peeled-Zebra-Tongue.jpg
>>>
>>> If you get a personal invitation to a dinner party that mentions
>>> Zebra Tongue as one of the final courses (in anywhere but
>>> Eestawani) YOU GO. You would be remiss in not going and an insult
>>> the host for turning down such a personal honor.
>>>
>>> ... But still take a few dozen condoms and gallon+ of lube because
>>> you're gonna get laid. Sure, you say it won't happen for 3
>>> dozen reasons <yawn>. But it will (and about 3 dozen times).
>>>
>>> Rather than personally inviting y'all and putting you on the spot
>>> like that, you can just show up at 7:30PM on Wednesday for an
>>> automatic, unconditional invitation Wednesday @ 7:30PM for you and
>>> another guest that is of the genuine physical opposite sex as
>>> yourself (no "Identifies as..." bullshitlshit - this aint gonna be
>>> no homo clam jam, sausage fest, or Jack-in-The-Box reveal party).
>>>
>>> See some of you then! (or forever hold your peace).
>>>
>>> -dsw
>> Nice fillet!
>>
>> Here is a place to get the real thing in TX...
>>
>> https://www.oxhuntingranch.com/texas/zebra-hunting/
> These TX "Hunting Ranches" are for pussies - especially non-native
> species. True wild hog hunting is free (if you know somebody or
> their neighbor with land) and is sporting and useful since they're
> a nuisance most places.
>
> And there's also bare knuckle alligator wresting to the death.
> Technically on commercial "resort" ranches just for hunting, but
> still very sportsman-like and they're native species.
>
> But Texas Zebra? Not so much.
>
> -sw

They are a nuisance everywhere.  They are free to hunt here.  That place
has kangaroo to hunt.  I wonder what they taste like?

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<ZEydnUt1x_5V-a34nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287885&group=rec.food.cooking#287885

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: Xela...@gmail.com (Alex)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 19:05:44 -0400

Janet wrote:
> In article <1kws7y1jewyvx$.dlg@sqwertz.com>,
> sqwertzme@gmail.compost says...

>>> Nice fillet!
>>>
>>> Here is a place to get the real thing in TX...
>>>
>>> https://www.oxhuntingranch.com/texas/zebra-hunting/
> Are they breeding zebra (and African antelopes etc) for
> that purpose ?
>
> Janet UK

Evidently.  And a lot more species.

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<7q560k-bib.ln1@anthive.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287895&group=rec.food.cooking#287895

From: songb...@anthive.com (songbird)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 19:20:07 -0400
 by: songbird - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 23:20 UTC

Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> On 2023-10-18, songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:
>
>> they're always open season here but i've not seen
>> any around our neighborhood. a few miles away someone
>> bagged a 300+lb boar.
>
>> i think most of them were escapees that went feral.
>

> Cook 'em well. Trichinosis is still a thing.

not likely i'll ever eat meat from a wild pig, but
i do like it fairly well done to the dark side so
that's also a plus.

trichinosis is pretty rare these days.

songbird

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<kpb9skF67vdU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287909&group=rec.food.cooking#287909

From: leoblais...@sbcglobal.net (Leonard Blaisdell)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: 19 Oct 2023 00:00:20 GMT
 by: Leonard Blaisdell - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 00:00 UTC

On 2023-10-18, songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:

> trichinosis is pretty rare these days.

I'm not going to look it up, but I venture to guess that trichinosis is
only rare in farm-raised animals. It was never prevalent, but if you
want to get it, wild pigs would be a great way to start your journey.

leo

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<1xqn45evubdti$.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=288130&group=rec.food.cooking#288130

From: sqwert...@gmail.compost (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 22:26:36 -0500
 by: Sqwertz - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 03:26 UTC

On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 11:44:19 +0100, Janet wrote:

> Are they breeding zebra (and African antelopes etc) for
> that purpose ?

Technically they are "farm-raised" so they can be sold retail as
food or for hunting. Or both. I only know of one ranch that
raises them just for meat. They also do horses for harvest only.

But "Horse hunting" is about as sporting as hunting zebra. Tehy
call them wild, but they'd both be partially domesticated as
humans would still supply much of their food on most any Texas
ranch.

-sw

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<19ddbzh4v6zwc.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=288134&group=rec.food.cooking#288134

From: sqwert...@gmail.compost (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 22:43:47 -0500
 by: Sqwertz - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 03:43 UTC

On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 19:20:07 -0400, songbird wrote:

> not likely i'll ever eat meat from a wild pig, but
> i do like it fairly well done to the dark side so
> that's also a plus.
>
> trichinosis is pretty rare these days.

I "rescued" some wild boar.....sausage (heh) from the food bank.
Itt was donated from a processor that had a game processing
permit, but the food bank is only allowed to accept deer meat
from them, not boar. So we had to throw it out. Almost 75 lbs of
it, 48 1.5lb chubs, 12 to a box. So I threw it out. Then I said
fuck that and then grabbed the 700 lb bin of trash and took it the
compacter and put one box (18lbs) just outside around the corner
(it was Saturday, only us volunteers there and 2 staffers). Picked
it up after the shift.

Best Breakfast Sausage I Ever Had. And for 3 months! It was
sicking how much perfectly good food we had to throw away due to
all sorts of bogus reasons. And stuff we SHOULD throw away, gets
distributed (but it doesn't get by me and anybody else I see
passing it).

I almost quit my first day as I had throw a whole frozen pig away.
I almost refused and just walked out with it on principle. The
reason it had to be thrown away was because it didn't have a label
saying what it was and an ingredient statement. I was floored.

-sw

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<1fg1xxdys2k3w.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=288136&group=rec.food.cooking#288136

From: sqwert...@gmail.compost (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 22:45:59 -0500
 by: Sqwertz - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 03:45 UTC

On 19 Oct 2023 00:00:20 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> On 2023-10-18, songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:
>
>> trichinosis is pretty rare these days.
>
> I'm not going to look it up, but I venture to guess that trichinosis is
> only rare in farm-raised animals. It was never prevalent, but if you
> want to get it, wild pigs would be a great way to start your journey.

It doesn't exist in any pig populations here anymore (last I
heard). The only reported cases came from bear meat. And maybe a
few raccoons or armadillos thrown in there for shits and giggles.

-sw

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<ac9f1bmtgyos.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=288138&group=rec.food.cooking#288138

From: sqwert...@gmail.compost (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 22:57:43 -0500
 by: Sqwertz - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 03:57 UTC

On Thu, 19 Oct 2023 22:26:36 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 11:44:19 +0100, Janet wrote:
>
>> Are they breeding zebra (and African antelopes etc) for
>> that purpose ?
>
> Technically they are "farm-raised" so they can be sold retail as
> food or for hunting. Or both. I only know of one ranch that
> raises them just for meat. They also do horses for harvest only.

I meant to ass that the USAD requires all retail meat be farm
raised. But many of the ranches offer "wild" hunting. So they
straddle the fine legal line between "wild" and "farm-raised".
Many hunters don't want their meat, just a head and/or hide for
bragging rights (fuckers!). So it's then often sold retail. At
whcih time it must be claimed as farm-raised (but yesterday it was
"wild", uh-huh).

BTW: That wasn't a zebra tongue. That was the other half of the
monkfish fillet I posted a week or two ago. Just seeing if anybody
was awake (y'all failed).

We did still have an RFC orgy, though (you know who you are
<wink>). We really had steamed unicorn horns - flown in fresh from
Atlantis. Even *more* powerful than zebra tongues.

-sw

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<gRmdnWWB-pDg2674nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=288238&group=rec.food.cooking#288238

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: Xela...@gmail.com (Alex)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 23:33:16 -0400
 by: Alex - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 03:33 UTC

Sqwertz wrote:
> On 19 Oct 2023 00:00:20 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>
>> On 2023-10-18, songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:
>>
>>> trichinosis is pretty rare these days.
>> I'm not going to look it up, but I venture to guess that trichinosis is
>> only rare in farm-raised animals. It was never prevalent, but if you
>> want to get it, wild pigs would be a great way to start your journey.
> It doesn't exist in any pig populations here anymore (last I
> heard). The only reported cases came from bear meat. And maybe a
> few raccoons or armadillos thrown in there for shits and giggles.
>
> -sw

Armadillos can carry leprosy.  I've seen those bastards run around my
property in central FL.  I've got a nice pellet gun to take care of that.

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<gRmdnWSB-pAh2674nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=288239&group=rec.food.cooking#288239

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: Xela...@gmail.com (Alex)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 23:34:20 -0400
 by: Alex - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 03:34 UTC

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Oct 2023 22:26:36 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 11:44:19 +0100, Janet wrote:
>>
>>> Are they breeding zebra (and African antelopes etc) for
>>> that purpose ?
>> Technically they are "farm-raised" so they can be sold retail as
>> food or for hunting. Or both. I only know of one ranch that
>> raises them just for meat. They also do horses for harvest only.
> I meant to ass that the USAD requires all retail meat be farm
> raised. But many of the ranches offer "wild" hunting. So they
> straddle the fine legal line between "wild" and "farm-raised".
> Many hunters don't want their meat, just a head and/or hide for
> bragging rights (fuckers!). So it's then often sold retail. At
> whcih time it must be claimed as farm-raised (but yesterday it was
> "wild", uh-huh).
>
> BTW: That wasn't a zebra tongue. That was the other half of the
> monkfish fillet I posted a week or two ago. Just seeing if anybody
> was awake (y'all failed).
>
> We did still have an RFC orgy, though (you know who you are
> <wink>). We really had steamed unicorn horns - flown in fresh from
> Atlantis. Even *more* powerful than zebra tongues.
>
> -sw

Failed?  I posted "nice filet".  I knew that was a fish of some sort!

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<UoIYM.27944$KCJd.12496@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=288241&group=rec.food.cooking#288241

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 23:25:16 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 04:25 UTC

Alex wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> I'm not going to look it up, but I venture to guess that
>>> trichinosis is
>>> only rare in farm-raised animals. It was never prevalent,
>>> but if you
>>> want to get it, wild pigs would be a great way to start your
>>> journey.
>> It doesn't exist in any pig populations here anymore (last I
>> heard).  The only reported cases came from bear meat. And
>> maybe a
>> few raccoons or armadillos thrown in there for shits and
>> giggles.
>>
>> -sw
>
> Armadillos can carry leprosy.  I've seen those bastards run
> around my property in central FL.  I've got a nice pellet gun
> to take care of that.

They're pretty tough. You'll have to get close and do a head
shot with a pellet gun. Maybe get a mount for a small flash
light too, since they are mostly nocturnal.

I use a .22 rifle, but I'm in the country.

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<tC2dnQEm9dYIFqn4nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=288369&group=rec.food.cooking#288369

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: Xela...@gmail.com (Alex)
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 22:40:21 -0400
 by: Alex - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 02:40 UTC

Hank Rogers wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> It doesn't exist in any pig populations here anymore (last I
>>> heard).  The only reported cases came from bear meat. And maybe a
>>> few raccoons or armadillos thrown in there for shits and giggles.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>
>> Armadillos can carry leprosy.  I've seen those bastards run around
>> my property in central FL.  I've got a nice pellet gun to take care
>> of that.
>
> They're pretty tough. You'll have to get close and do a head shot with
> a pellet gun. Maybe get a mount for a small flash light too, since
> they are mostly nocturnal.
>
> I use a .22 rifle, but I'm in the country.

I have 5.25 acres but can't shoot a real gun dues to the HOA - long
story.  One night, we were at the campfire and I hear a load noise in
the saw palmettos near us.  There have been bear and panthers spotted in
the area so I grabbed my flashlight and my .40 pistol to investigate.
It was a tiny armadillo.  Those things are almost blind and can really
make a lot of noise.

Re: Peeled Zebra Tongue

<Dv0ZM.20684$6Z79.18202@fx38.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=288370&group=rec.food.cooking#288370

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 22:17:45 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 03:17 UTC

Alex wrote:
> Hank Rogers wrote:
>> Alex wrote:

>>> Armadillos can carry leprosy.  I've seen those bastards
>>> run around my property in central FL.  I've got a nice
>>> pellet gun to take care of that.
>>
>> They're pretty tough. You'll have to get close and do a head
>> shot with a pellet gun. Maybe get a mount for a small flash
>> light too, since they are mostly nocturnal.
>>
>> I use a .22 rifle, but I'm in the country.
>>

> I have 5.25 acres but can't shoot a real gun dues to the HOA -
> long story.  One night, we were at the campfire and I hear a
> load noise in the saw palmettos near us.  There have been bear
> and panthers spotted in the area so I grabbed my flashlight and
> my .40 pistol to investigate. It was a tiny armadillo.  Those
> things are almost blind and can really make a lot of noise.

Yeah. They usually move real slow too. But I've seen them take
off and run fast as lightning when spooked. They can make a lot
of noise in a brushy area.

They are possums wearing body armor. Disgusting creatures.