Truth will out this morning. (Which may really mess things up.)

interests / rec.food.cooking / Tuesday night supper

SubjectAuthor
* Tuesday night supperDave Smith
+* Re: Tuesday night supperdsi1
+* Re: Tuesday night supperitsjoannotjoann@webtv.net
|`* Re: Tuesday night supperBruce
| `* Re: Tuesday night supperitsjoannotjoann@webtv.net
|  `- Re: Tuesday night supperBruce
`* Re: Tuesday night supperCindy Hamilton
 `- Re: Tuesday night supperGraham

1
Tuesday night supper

<HPDXM.52905$w4ec.9927@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287753&group=rec.food.cooking#287753

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Subject: Tuesday night supper
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 18:23:35 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 22:23 UTC

Panang Chicken Curry. I have made variations of this in the past using
red curry but this time I used the Panang curry paste that I managed to
find. I chopped half an onion, half a red pepper, half a green pepper,
finely chopped two big cloves of garlic and about half a thumb sized
chunk of ginger root. I slice up four chicken thighs and sprinkled a
little salt on them.

I started with some oil in a hot pan and added about a tablespoon of
Panang curry paste, and stir fried it, then threw in the onion for a
minute followed by the ginger, garlic and peppers. After about a minute
I threw in the chopped chicken. When the chicken was pretty well cooked
I added coconut milk, about a Tblsp of peanut butter, some soy sauce and
fish sauce. I let pushed the peppers to the side and let the chicken and
sauce boil and reduce for a couple minutes, then added some corn starch
slurry to thicken it.

I served it on a bed of Jasmine rice and garnished with a good sprinkle
of cilantro. My arm is now sore from patting myself on the back. That
stuff was wonderful.

Re: Tuesday night supper

<3958fde5-7771-429a-8a51-0fb139e11ebcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287765&group=rec.food.cooking#287765

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 16:15:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Tuesday night supper
From: dsi...@hawaiiantel.net (dsi1)
 by: dsi1 - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 23:15 UTC

On Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at 12:23:41 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> Panang Chicken Curry. I have made variations of this in the past using
> red curry but this time I used the Panang curry paste that I managed to
> find. I chopped half an onion, half a red pepper, half a green pepper,
> finely chopped two big cloves of garlic and about half a thumb sized
> chunk of ginger root. I slice up four chicken thighs and sprinkled a
> little salt on them.
>
> I started with some oil in a hot pan and added about a tablespoon of
> Panang curry paste, and stir fried it, then threw in the onion for a
> minute followed by the ginger, garlic and peppers. After about a minute
> I threw in the chopped chicken. When the chicken was pretty well cooked
> I added coconut milk, about a Tblsp of peanut butter, some soy sauce and
> fish sauce. I let pushed the peppers to the side and let the chicken and
> sauce boil and reduce for a couple minutes, then added some corn starch
> slurry to thicken it.
>
> I served it on a bed of Jasmine rice and garnished with a good sprinkle
> of cilantro. My arm is now sore from patting myself on the back. That
> stuff was wonderful.

We went to a ramen restaurant last night. I had Japanese tonkatsu curry. It's always quite a thrill. Thai curry is also pretty good.
The pork cutlet was overcooked. That was kind of an amature mistake.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Fx6DrPrykSL19eeb6

Re: Tuesday night supper

<ugn5nn$3801k$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287773&group=rec.food.cooking#287773

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 10:35:18 +1100
 by: Bruce - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 23:35 UTC

On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 16:15:54 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
<dsi123@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:

>We went to a ramen restaurant last night. I had Japanese tonkatsu curry. It's always quite a thrill. Thai curry is also pretty good.
>The pork cutlet was overcooked. That was kind of an amature mistake.
>
>https://photos.app.goo.gl/Fx6DrPrykSL19eeb6

In western cuisine the soup would be served separately, in a bowl. In
Hawaii they just pour it on the plate, so that there's no room for
vegetables.

Re: Tuesday night supper

<10d9e8b1-a7eb-4afc-ada9-98e37c0d9989n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287805&group=rec.food.cooking#287805

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 20:52:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: itsjoann...@webtv.net (itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net)
 by: itsjoannotjoann@webt - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 03:52 UTC

On Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at 5:23:41 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> Panang Chicken Curry. I have made variations of this in the past using
> red curry but this time I used the Panang curry paste that I managed to
> find.
>
> I served it on a bed of Jasmine rice and garnished with a good sprinkle
> of cilantro. My arm is now sore from patting myself on the back. That
> stuff was wonderful.

Sorry I'm late, I was off doing something else. Anyway, it was the creamy,
chicken, rice, and mushroom soup that was made in the pressure cooker.
I'll probably be slurping this down for a couple more days.

Re: Tuesday night supper

<ugnlst$3ero1$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287809&group=rec.food.cooking#287809

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 15:11:08 +1100
 by: Bruce - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 04:11 UTC

On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 20:52:51 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net"
<itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net> wrote:

>On Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at 5:23:41 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> Panang Chicken Curry. I have made variations of this in the past using
>> red curry but this time I used the Panang curry paste that I managed to
>> find.
>>
>> I served it on a bed of Jasmine rice and garnished with a good sprinkle
>> of cilantro. My arm is now sore from patting myself on the back. That
>> stuff was wonderful.
>>
>Sorry I'm late, I was off doing something else.

The Sisterhood will forgive you for sometimes doing something else,
instead of pleasing them.

Re: Tuesday night supper

<bc7769f6-03bc-4a22-9ecb-6ceadaf8c10fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287810&group=rec.food.cooking#287810

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 21:17:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: itsjoann...@webtv.net (itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net)
 by: itsjoannotjoann@webt - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 04:17 UTC

On Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at 11:11:17 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 20:52:51 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
> <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:
> >
> >Sorry I'm late, I was off doing something else.
> >
> The Sisterhood will forgive you for sometimes doing something else,
> instead of pleasing them.

But the most important question is do YOU forgive me?

Re: Tuesday night supper

<ugnpds$3figk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287812&group=rec.food.cooking#287812

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 16:11:23 +1100
 by: Bruce - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 05:11 UTC

On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 21:17:58 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net"
<itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net> wrote:

>On Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at 11:11:17 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 20:52:51 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
>> <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:
>> >
>> >Sorry I'm late, I was off doing something else.
>> >
>> The Sisterhood will forgive you for sometimes doing something else,
>> instead of pleasing them.
>>
>But the most important question is do YOU forgive me?

Of course. I'm very easy going.

Re: Tuesday night supper

<iENXM.8464$txo9.3134@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287821&group=rec.food.cooking#287821

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 09:34:06 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 09:34 UTC

On 2023-10-17, Dave Smith <adavid.smith@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Panang Chicken Curry. I have made variations of this in the past using
> red curry but this time I used the Panang curry paste that I managed to
> find. I chopped half an onion, half a red pepper, half a green pepper,
> finely chopped two big cloves of garlic and about half a thumb sized
> chunk of ginger root. I slice up four chicken thighs and sprinkled a
> little salt on them.
>
> I started with some oil in a hot pan and added about a tablespoon of
> Panang curry paste, and stir fried it, then threw in the onion for a
> minute followed by the ginger, garlic and peppers. After about a minute
> I threw in the chopped chicken. When the chicken was pretty well cooked
> I added coconut milk,

And that's where you lost me. I realize my antipathy for coconut
milk is a little weird.

> about a Tblsp of peanut butter, some soy sauce and
> fish sauce. I let pushed the peppers to the side and let the chicken and
> sauce boil and reduce for a couple minutes, then added some corn starch
> slurry to thicken it.
>
> I served it on a bed of Jasmine rice and garnished with a good sprinkle
> of cilantro. My arm is now sore from patting myself on the back. That
> stuff was wonderful.

Lunch was a BLT. Dinner was a salad with chicken on it, dressed
with balsamic vinaigrette.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Tuesday night supper

<k%RXM.87754$8fO.20218@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=287841&group=rec.food.cooking#287841

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: g.ste...@shaw.ca (Graham)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 08:31:44 -0600
 by: Graham - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 14:31 UTC

On 2023-10-18 3:34 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2023-10-17, Dave Smith <adavid.smith@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>> Panang Chicken Curry. I have made variations of this in the past using
>> red curry but this time I used the Panang curry paste that I managed to
>> find. I chopped half an onion, half a red pepper, half a green pepper,
>> finely chopped two big cloves of garlic and about half a thumb sized
>> chunk of ginger root. I slice up four chicken thighs and sprinkled a
>> little salt on them.
>>
>> I started with some oil in a hot pan and added about a tablespoon of
>> Panang curry paste, and stir fried it, then threw in the onion for a
>> minute followed by the ginger, garlic and peppers. After about a minute
>> I threw in the chopped chicken. When the chicken was pretty well cooked
>> I added coconut milk,
>
> And that's where you lost me. I realize my antipathy for coconut
> milk is a little weird.

However, if you stir it into cooked kale, it slides into the trash bin
much more easily.