Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.eu
From: 24D...@tpq22b.net (24D.224)
Subject: Yes, NATO *Did* Pressure and Lie To Russia - But It IS Evil
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 01:36:29 -0400
 by: 24D.224 - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 05:36 UTC

Ok, ok ... NATO/EU policy HAS contributed to the
war in Ukraine.

They'd promised not to move NATO one inch closer
to Russia - and then DID it.

Russia could not stomach this loss of 'buffer'
territory.

Did Russia do the right/smart thing ? HELL NO !
However it's kinda understandable. We promised
to give 'em some space and LIED. Now they plan
to MAKE space. Success in Ukraine means the
Balkans and Serbia and Bulgaria and such - the
old eastern buffers - will be "re-patriated".
Russia especially despises Estonia - it'll be
really bad there.

The QUESTION is whether we want to let Russia
have its 'buffer' back. It's still a pretty
evil empire by and large, so the best answer
is NO. But how to DO that without getting the
whole planet nuked ?

Re: Yes, NATO *Did* Pressure and Lie To Russia - But It IS Evil

<u5j84u$2i6ca$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29014&group=alt.politics#29014

From: campb...@neotext.ca (Duncan Patton a Campbell on atlas.indx.ca)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 23:53:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Duncan Patton a Camp - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 23:53 UTC

On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 01:36:29 -0400, 24D.224 wrote:

> Ok, ok ... NATO/EU policy HAS contributed to the
> war in Ukraine.
>
> They'd promised not to move NATO one inch closer
> to Russia - and then DID it.
>
> Russia could not stomach this loss of 'buffer'
> territory.
>
> Did Russia do the right/smart thing ? HELL NO !
> However it's kinda understandable. We promised
> to give 'em some space and LIED. Now they plan
> to MAKE space. Success in Ukraine means the
> Balkans and Serbia and Bulgaria and such - the
> old eastern buffers - will be "re-patriated".
> Russia especially despises Estonia - it'll be
> really bad there.

Estonia has a "captive" population of Russians
who *don't* want to get beamed back to the
Motherland... They're the BEST DEFENSE the Baltics
could have, and they should be treated with some
deference.

Dhu

--
Je suis Canadien. Ce n'est pas Francais ou Anglais.
Duncan Patton a Campbell