From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Mar-a-Lago, Greatest Breach Of National Security, Ever
Date: 10 Jun 2023 14:21:38 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 14:21 UTC

| The handling of the boxes of classified documents at
| Mar-a-Lago reads like a dark comedy. For several months,
| prosecutors allege, some of the boxes were stored on a
| stage in one of the club's ballrooms. Nauta then moved them
| into the club's business center, until staff needed to use
| that room as an office, the indictment claims. The records
| were then moved--we swear we are not making this up--to a
| bathroom and a shower before staff ultimately emptied out a
| basement storage room so they could store the boxes there.
| More than 80 boxes were ultimately relocated to the storage
| room, which the indictment describes as being "reach[able]
| from multiple outside entrances, including one accessible
| from The Mar-a-Lago Club pool patio through a doorway that
| was often kept open."
<https://www.lawfareblog.com/united-states-america-v-donald-j-trump-and-waltine-nauta>

--bks

Re: Mar-a-Lago, Greatest Breach Of National Security, Ever

<XnsB01F6098234D5noemailcomcastnet@69.80.102.50>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29106&group=alt.politics#29106

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: noem...@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 14:31:00 +0000
 by: Mitchell Holman - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 14:31 UTC

bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote in

> | The handling of the boxes of classified documents at
> | Mar-a-Lago reads like a dark comedy. For several months,
> | prosecutors allege, some of the boxes were stored on a
> | stage in one of the club's ballrooms. Nauta then moved them
> | into the club's business center, until staff needed to use
> | that room as an office, the indictment claims. The records
> | were then moved--we swear we are not making this up--to a
> | bathroom and a shower before staff ultimately emptied out a
> | basement storage room so they could store the boxes there.
> | More than 80 boxes were ultimately relocated to the storage
> | room, which the indictment describes as being "reach[able]
> | from multiple outside entrances, including one accessible
> | from The Mar-a-Lago Club pool patio through a doorway that
> | was often kept open."
> <https://www.lawfareblog.com/united-states-america-v-donald-j-trump-and
> -waltine-nauta>
>
> --bks

Watch for the "just souvenirs" defense.

Re: Mar-a-Lago, Greatest Breach Of National Security, Ever

<u623al$2b289$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29107&group=alt.politics#29107

From: now...@protonmail.com (G Man)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 15:02:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: G Man - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 15:02 UTC

>bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote in

>> | The handling of the boxes of classified documents at
>> | Mar-a-Lago reads like a dark comedy. For several months,
>> | prosecutors allege, some of the boxes were stored on a
>> | stage in one of the club's ballrooms. Nauta then moved them
>> | into the club's business center, until staff needed to use
>> | that room as an office, the indictment claims. The records
>> | were then moved--we swear we are not making this up--to a
>> | bathroom and a shower before staff ultimately emptied out a
>> | basement storage room so they could store the boxes there.
>> | More than 80 boxes were ultimately relocated to the storage
>> | room, which the indictment describes as being "reach[able]
>> | from multiple outside entrances, including one accessible
>> | from The Mar-a-Lago Club pool patio through a doorway that
>> | was often kept open."
>> <https://www.lawfareblog.com/united-states-america-v-donald-j-trump-and
>> -waltine-nauta>
>>
>> --bks
>>

> Watch for the "just souvenirs" defense.

I just wish Trump was harsher on accused felons like himself.

He's so fond of capital punishment, he should have gone for the death
penalty.

"In 2018, as part of legislation that extended the FISA Amendments Act, Trump
signed changes to U.S. Code that upgraded the sentencing protocol for the
crime of mishandling classified documents.

Previously punishable by no more than one year in jail, the change meant
those found guilty could face up to five years behind bars, upgrading the
crime from a misdemeanor to a felony.

While we don't know yet whether Trump has or will be charged under this law,
the similarity of this legislation's wording to the offense that Special
Counsel Jack Smith is said to have investigated strongly suggests it could be
the case."