From: sqwert...@gmail.compost (Sqwertz)
Subject: Ho Made Red Potato Chips
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 21:12:01 -0600
 by: Sqwertz - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 03:12 UTC

I may never buy potato chips again as long as I have beef fat
handy.

A large red potato sliced on the Good Grips mandolin, soaked for
10 minutes in heavily salted water, fried in home rendered beef
tallow, and salted.

https://i.postimg.cc/zBtZzByN/Red-Potato-chips-1.jpg

The Good Grips was slicing kinda crooked so I didn't slice the
whole potato and just fried what I had. It sill worked just fine.

So fine that I did it again the next night, this time with the
Ronco (R.I.P.) Slice-O-Matic. Still a little crooked. But I think
that's because the potato was so big in both cases.
https://i.postimg.cc/4dNRRtNw/Red-Potato-Chips-2.jpg

This time added a little garlic powder and FFGBP.

It doesn't get any more real than this. The chips were an
outstanding success. Each batch shown was about 6 ounces of red
potato minus the 25%-33% chips we ate before the photos. They
were crispy without being that "kettle-cooked" hard. And they
retained their shape.

Five thumbs up! (My cousin Ernie is visiting - he has three thumbs
and likes to show them off)

-sw

Re: Ho Made Red Potato Chips

<Zwf6N.67166$AqO5.1357@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=292872&group=rec.food.cooking#292872

Subject: Re: Ho Made Red Potato Chips
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 21:44:55 -0600
 by: Hank Rogers - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 03:44 UTC

Sqwertz wrote:
> I may never buy potato chips again as long as I have beef fat
> handy.
>
> A large red potato sliced on the Good Grips mandolin, soaked for
> 10 minutes in heavily salted water, fried in home rendered beef
> tallow, and salted.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/zBtZzByN/Red-Potato-chips-1.jpg
>
> The Good Grips was slicing kinda crooked so I didn't slice the
> whole potato and just fried what I had. It sill worked just fine.
>
> So fine that I did it again the next night, this time with the
> Ronco (R.I.P.) Slice-O-Matic. Still a little crooked. But I think
> that's because the potato was so big in both cases.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/4dNRRtNw/Red-Potato-Chips-2.jpg
>
> This time added a little garlic powder and FFGBP.
>
> It doesn't get any more real than this. The chips were an
> outstanding success. Each batch shown was about 6 ounces of red
> potato minus the 25%-33% chips we ate before the photos. They
> were crispy without being that "kettle-cooked" hard. And they
> retained their shape.

That shit kuth sent you ain't beef tallow.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Ho Made Red Potato Chips