For good, return good. For evil, return justice.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Dinner Tonight 11/22/23

SubjectAuthor
* Dinner Tonight 11/22/23jmcquown
+- Re: Dinner Tonight 11/22/23itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net
`* Re: Dinner Tonight 11/22/23Hank Rogers
 `* Re: Dinner Tonight 11/22/23Mike Duffy
  `- Re: Dinner Tonight 11/22/23Bruce

1
Dinner Tonight 11/22/23

<kLw7N.304$Ycdc.205@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=293240&group=rec.food.cooking#293240

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Subject: Dinner Tonight 11/22/23
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 19:09:49 -0500
 by: jmcquown - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 00:09 UTC

The microwave in the breakroom at work has been on it's last legs for
the last few days so I didn't get to heat up the simple pasta dish I
brought for lunch today. I snacked on a small box of raisins and a
single-serve packet of shelled pistachio nuts. Needless to say, I was
hungry when I left work.

I stopped at the meat market. Bought a nice 1-inch thick USDA prime
ribeye and four nice russet baking potatoes. I cut the ribeye in half,
as usual, and will wrap and freeze half of it. The other half I
sprinkled with S&P and wrapped and let set for the salt to do it's thing
until I pan fry it later.

Meanwhile, I rubbed the baking potatoes with butter and sprinkled them
with salt, pricked with a fork to release the steam while they baked.
Those went into the oven at 400F for an hour. They're nice and tender
inside with a nice crisp salty skin on the outside. I'll have one of
them with butter and S&P with the pan-seared steak later for dinner.

The other baked potatoes will be saved and cubed and used to make a
small pot of baked potato soup in a few days.

Jill

Re: Dinner Tonight 11/22/23

<29d3af84-3661-49e0-abba-7527aafc9d72n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=293244&group=rec.food.cooking#293244

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 16:26:21 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Dinner Tonight 11/22/23
From: itsjoann...@webtv.net (itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net)
 by: itsjoannotjoann@webt - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 00:26 UTC

On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 6:09:58 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:

> The microwave in the breakroom at work has been on it's last legs for
> the last few days so I didn't get to heat up the simple pasta dish I
> brought for lunch today. I snacked on a small box of raisins and a
> single-serve packet of shelled pistachio nuts. Needless to say, I was
> hungry when I left work.
>
> I stopped at the meat market. Bought a nice 1-inch thick USDA prime
> ribeye and four nice russet baking potatoes. I cut the ribeye in half,
> as usual, and will wrap and freeze half of it. The other half I
> sprinkled with S&P and wrapped and let set for the salt to do it's thing
> until I pan fry it later.
>
> Meanwhile, I rubbed the baking potatoes with butter and sprinkled them
> with salt, pricked with a fork to release the steam while they baked.
> Those went into the oven at 400F for an hour. They're nice and tender
> inside with a nice crisp salty skin on the outside. I'll have one of
> them with butter and S&P with the pan-seared steak later for dinner.
>
> The other baked potatoes will be saved and cubed and used to make a
> small pot of baked potato soup in a few days.
>
> Jill

It's going to be a ham sandwich from the ham I cooked this afternoon
here.

Re: Dinner Tonight 11/22/23

<38x7N.58851$cAm7.19734@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=293248&group=rec.food.cooking#293248

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 18:36:07 -0600
 by: Hank Rogers - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 00:36 UTC

jmcquown wrote:
> The microwave in the breakroom at work has been on it's last
> legs for the last few days so I didn't get to heat up the
> simple pasta dish I brought for lunch today.  I snacked on a
> small box of raisins and a single-serve packet of shelled
> pistachio nuts.  Needless to say, I was hungry when I left work.
>
> I stopped at the meat market.  Bought a nice 1-inch thick USDA
> prime ribeye and four nice russet baking potatoes.  I cut the
> ribeye in half, as usual, and will wrap and freeze half of it.
> The other half I sprinkled with S&P and wrapped and let set for
> the salt to do it's thing until I pan fry it later.
>
> Meanwhile, I rubbed the baking potatoes with butter and
> sprinkled them with salt, pricked with a fork to release the
> steam while they baked. Those went into the oven at 400F for an
> hour.  They're nice and tender inside with a nice crisp salty
> skin on the outside.  I'll have one of them with butter and S&P
> with the pan-seared steak later for dinner.
>
> The other baked potatoes will be saved and cubed and used to
> make a small pot of baked potato soup in a few days.
>
> Jill

Definitely a meal fit for royalty. Enjoy.

Re: Dinner Tonight 11/22/23

<ivA7N.2165$PJoc.248@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=293273&group=rec.food.cooking#293273

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: mxdu...@bell.net (Mike Duffy)
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 04:25:50 GMT
 by: Mike Duffy - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 04:25 UTC

On 2023-11-23, Hank Rogers wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:

>> Bought a nice 1-inch thick USDA prime ribeye
>> and four nice russet baking potatoes.  [...]
>>
>> They're nice and tender inside with a nice crisp salty
>> skin on the outside.  I'll have one of them with butter
>> and S&P with the pan-seared steak later for dinner.

> Definitely a meal fit for royalty. Enjoy.

See? You can be nice when you want to be.

To all the Americans here, good night and have a pheasant tomorrow.

Re: Dinner Tonight 11/22/23

<ujmlbp$1ni0k$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=293276&group=rec.food.cooking#293276

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 15:44:37 +1100
 by: Bruce - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 04:44 UTC

On Thu, 23 Nov 2023 04:25:50 GMT, Mike Duffy <mxduffy@bell.net> wrote:

>On 2023-11-23, Hank Rogers wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>
>>> Bought a nice 1-inch thick USDA prime ribeye
>>> and four nice russet baking potatoes.  [...]
>>>
>>> They're nice and tender inside with a nice crisp salty
>>> skin on the outside.  I'll have one of them with butter
>>> and S&P with the pan-seared steak later for dinner.
>
>> Definitely a meal fit for royalty. Enjoy.
>
>See? You can be nice when you want to be.
>

>To all the Americans here, good night and have a pheasant tomorrow.

Dear Lord, Thank you for letting us kill all the natives.

PS: We're still working on the native birds.