A clash of doctrine is not a disaster -- it is an opportunity.

interests / alt.politics / Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

SubjectAuthor
* Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar DaddyBradley K. Sherman
+- Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar DaddyJack Wetton
`* Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar DaddyYak
 `* Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar DaddyBradley K. Sherman
  +* Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar DaddyYak
  |+* Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar DaddyBradley K. Sherman
  ||`* Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar DaddyYak
  || `* Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar DaddyBradley K. Sherman
  ||  +* Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar DaddyLou Bricano
  ||  |`- Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar DaddyJohn Doe
  ||  `* Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar DaddyYak
  ||   +- Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar DaddyDavid Hartung
  ||   `* Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar DaddyBradley K. Sherman
  ||    `* Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar DaddyYak
  ||     `- Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddysuper70s
  |`* Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar DaddyMitchell Holman
  | `- Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar DaddyGovernor Swill
  `- Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddysuper70s

1
Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

<u6uham$3j3$1@panix3.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29360&group=alt.politics#29360

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Date: 21 Jun 2023 09:53:26 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 09:53 UTC

Ethics is supposed to be a floor, not a ceiling:

| In early July 2008, Samuel Alito stood on a riverbank in a
| remote corner of Alaska. The Supreme Court justice was on
| vacation at a luxury fishing lodge that charged more than
| $1,000 a day, and after catching a king salmon nearly the
| size of his leg, Alito posed for a picture. To his left, a
| man stood beaming: Paul Singer, a hedge fund billionaire
| who has repeatedly asked the Supreme Court to rule in his
| favor in high-stakes business disputes.
|
| Singer was more than a fellow angler. He flew Alito to
| Alaska on a private jet. If the justice chartered the plane
| himself, the cost could have exceeded $100,000 one way.
|
| Fact-based, independent journalism is needed now more than
| ever.
| Donate
|
| In the years that followed, Singer's hedge fund came before
| the court at least 10 times in cases where his role was
| often covered by the legal press and mainstream media.
<https://www.propublica.org/article/samuel-alito-luxury-fishing-trip-paul-singer-scotus-supreme-court>

--bks

Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

<u6v708$2un60$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29367&group=alt.politics#29367

Followup: alt.rush-limbaugh
From: now...@protonmail.com (Jack Wetton)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.rush-limbaugh
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 16:03:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jack Wetton - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 16:03 UTC

>Ethics is supposed to be a floor, not a ceiling:
> |
> | In early July 2008, Samuel Alito stood on a riverbank in a
> | remote corner of Alaska. The Supreme Court justice was on
> | vacation at a luxury fishing lodge that charged more than
> | $1,000 a day, and after catching a king salmon nearly the
> | size of his leg, Alito posed for a picture. To his left, a
> | man stood beaming: Paul Singer, a hedge fund billionaire
> | who has repeatedly asked the Supreme Court to rule in his
> | favor in high-stakes business disputes.
> |
> | Singer was more than a fellow angler. He flew Alito to
> | Alaska on a private jet. If the justice chartered the plane
> | himself, the cost could have exceeded $100,000 one way.
> |
> | Fact-based, independent journalism is needed now more than
> | ever.
> | Donate
> |
> | In the years that followed, Singer's hedge fund came before
> | the court at least 10 times in cases where his role was
> | often covered by the legal press and mainstream media.
><https://www.propublica.org/article/samuel-alito-luxury-fishing-trip-paul-
>singer-scotus-supreme-court>
>
> --bks

If I give Alito $10,000 do you think he'll blow me?

I know Thomas will.

Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

<u6var4$2v4se$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29368&group=alt.politics#29368

From: Yak...@inbox.com (Yak)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 13:08:52 -0400
 by: Yak - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:08 UTC

On 6/21/2023 5:53 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> Ethics is supposed to be a floor, not a ceiling:
> |
> | In early July 2008, Samuel Alito stood on a riverbank in a
> | remote corner of Alaska. The Supreme Court justice was on
> | vacation at a luxury fishing lodge that charged more than
> | $1,000 a day, and after catching a king salmon nearly the
> | size of his leg, Alito posed for a picture. To his left, a
> | man stood beaming: Paul Singer, a hedge fund billionaire
> | who has repeatedly asked the Supreme Court to rule in his
> | favor in high-stakes business disputes.
> |
> | Singer was more than a fellow angler. He flew Alito to
> | Alaska on a private jet. If the justice chartered the plane
> | himself, the cost could have exceeded $100,000 one way.
> |
> | Fact-based, independent journalism is needed now more than
> | ever.
> | Donate
> |
> | In the years that followed, Singer's hedge fund came before
> | the court at least 10 times in cases where his role was
> | often covered by the legal press and mainstream media.
> <https://www.propublica.org/article/samuel-alito-luxury-fishing-trip-paul-singer-scotus-supreme-court>
>
> --bks

Alito settles the hit job on him.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/propublica-misleads-its-readers-alito-gifts-disclosure-alaska-singer-23b51eda

Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

<u6vbfm$mjd$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29369&group=alt.politics#29369

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:19:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:19 UTC

Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote:
>On 6/21/2023 5:53 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> Ethics is supposed to be a floor, not a ceiling:
>> | In the years that followed, Singer's hedge fund came before
>> | the court at least 10 times in cases where his role was
>> | often covered by the legal press and mainstream media.
><https://www.propublica.org/article/samuel-alito-luxury-fishing-trip-paul-singer-scotus-supreme-court>
>
>Alito settles the hit job on him.
>
>https://www.wsj.com/articles/propublica-misleads-its-readers-alito-gifts-disclosure-alaska-singer-23b51eda

Har! Alito refused to answer questions from Pro Publica and
then writes a bullshit piece in the Murdoch WSJ proving
that he didn't even read the Pro Publica article.

And Yak thinks he "settled" it! Yak is a moron.

--bks

Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

<u6vbvg$2v4se$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29371&group=alt.politics#29371

From: Yak...@inbox.com (Yak)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 13:28:16 -0400
 by: Yak - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:28 UTC

On 6/21/2023 1:19 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote:
>> On 6/21/2023 5:53 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>>> Ethics is supposed to be a floor, not a ceiling:
>> <https://www.propublica.org/article/samuel-alito-luxury-fishing-trip-paul-singer-scotus-supreme-court>
>>
>> Alito settles the hit job on him.
>>
>> https://www.wsj.com/articles/propublica-misleads-its-readers-alito-gifts-disclosure-alaska-singer-23b51eda
>
> Har! Alito refused to answer questions from Pro Publica and
> then writes a bullshit piece in the Murdoch WSJ proving
> that he didn't even read the Pro Publica article.
>
> And Yak thinks he "settled" it! Yak is a moron.
>
> --bks

He doesn't need to answer anything because he's under no obligation to
report. Same bullshit, different justice. So yeah, it's settled.

Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

<super70s-BD8A7B.12292121062023@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29372&group=alt.politics#29372

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 12:29:21 -0500
 by: super70s - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:29 UTC

We need 4 more preferably moderate and nonpartisan justices on the court
like Sen. Markey wants, that's the only solution for this far right
dominated and corrupt pathetic joke of a SC now.

Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

<u6vdfi$8mn$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29373&group=alt.politics#29373

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:53:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:53 UTC

Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote:
>He doesn't need to answer anything because he's under no obligation to
>report. Same bullshit, different justice. So yeah, it's settled.

Wrong again, Yak girl!

--bks

Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

<u6vdmp$2v4se$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29374&group=alt.politics#29374

From: Yak...@inbox.com (Yak)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 13:57:44 -0400
 by: Yak - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:57 UTC

On 6/21/2023 1:53 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> He doesn't need to answer anything because he's under no obligation to
>> report. Same bullshit, different justice. So yeah, it's settled.
>
> Wrong again, Yak girl!

Nope got it exactly right again, bs.

> --bks

Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

<u6verr$2fh$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29375&group=alt.politics#29375

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 18:17:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 18:17 UTC

Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote:
>>> He doesn't need to answer anything because he's under no obligation to
>>> report. Same bullshit, different justice. So yeah, it's settled.
>>
>> Wrong again, Yak girl!
>
>Nope got it exactly right again, bs.

We believe you, Yak girl. Good luck with your tenure
among the Lizard People.

--bks

Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

<XnsB02A86E47C484noemailcomcastnet@69.80.101.53>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29376&group=alt.politics#29376

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: noem...@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 18:17:57 +0000
 by: Mitchell Holman - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 18:17 UTC

Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote in news:u6vbvg$2v4se$2@dont-email.me:

> On 6/21/2023 1:19 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote:
>>> <https://www.propublica.org/article/samuel-alito-luxury-fishing-trip-
>>> paul-singer-scotus-supreme-court>
>>>
>>> Alito settles the hit job on him.
>>>
>>> https://www.wsj.com/articles/propublica-misleads-its-readers-alito-gi
>>> fts-disclosure-alaska-singer-23b51eda
>>
>> Har! Alito refused to answer questions from Pro Publica and
>> then writes a bullshit piece in the Murdoch WSJ proving
>> that he didn't even read the Pro Publica article.
>>
>> And Yak thinks he "settled" it! Yak is a moron.
>>
>> --bks
>
> He doesn't need to answer anything because he's under no obligation to
> report. Same bullshit, different justice. So yeah, it's settled.

Unless a Democratic judge was getting
huge benefits from labor unions and the
ACLU, then you would be the first to
demand "ethical responsibility" and
"Congressional oversight".

Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

<hiHkM.627$sW_c.529@fx07.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29378&group=alt.politics#29378

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: lb...@cap.con (Lou Bricano)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 11:27:24 -0700
 by: Lou Bricano - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 18:27 UTC

On 6/21/2023 11:17 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Wrong again, Yak girl!
>>
>> Nope got it exactly right again, bs.
>
> We believe you, Yak girl. Good luck with your tenure
> among the Lizard People.

Gak (fucked up the ass by priests hundreds of times a kid) actually is right.
The corrupt SCOTUS justices get to set their own ethical rules, and as might be
expected, they do *not* require reporting of extravagantly lavish gifts, nor do
they require recusals. Any reasonable sense of judicial ethics *would* require
it, but these corrupt bastards don't.

Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

<u6vgf1$2v4se$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29380&group=alt.politics#29380

From: Yak...@inbox.com (Yak)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 14:44:49 -0400
 by: Yak - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 18:44 UTC

On 6/21/2023 2:17 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Wrong again, Yak girl!
>>
>> Nope got it exactly right again, bs.
>
> We believe you, Yak girl. Good luck with your tenure
> among the Lizard People.

We'll believe you once one of these hit jobs that you like to forward on
ever comes to fruition. For now all we have is your whining about a
justice that you don't like.

Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

<HAHkM.6423$zcM5.814@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29381&group=alt.politics#29381

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: shitbag....@shitbags.r.us (David Hartung)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 11:47:02 -0700
 by: David Hartung - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 18:47 UTC

On 6/21/2023 11:44 AM, Yak wrote:
> On 6/21/2023 2:17 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> Yak  <Yak@inbox.com> wrote:

>>> Nope got it exactly right again, bs.
>>
>> We believe you, Yak girl.  Good luck with your tenure
>> among the Lizard People.
>
> We'll believe you once one of these hit jobs that you like to forward on ever
> comes to fruition. For now all we have is your whining about a justice that you
> don't like.

It is beyond rational dispute that Alito and his fellow corrupt
Republiscum/QAnon Thomas are behaving unethically by not disclosing the lavish
goodies given to them by patrons who have business before the court, and failing
to recuse themselves from their cases.

Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

<u6vgkp$ep$2@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29382&group=alt.politics#29382

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 18:47:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 18:47 UTC

Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote:
>On 6/21/2023 2:17 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote:

>>> Nope got it exactly right again, bs.
>>
>> We believe you, Yak girl. Good luck with your tenure
>> among the Lizard People.
>
>We'll believe you once one of these hit jobs that you like to forward on
>ever comes to fruition. For now all we have is your whining about a
>justice that you don't like.

What "hit jobs"? I reported the facts. You didn't even contest the
facts! Instead you waved your hands. Sheesh!

--bks

Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

<u6vi6a$2v4se$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29383&group=alt.politics#29383

From: Yak...@inbox.com (Yak)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:14:17 -0400
 by: Yak - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 19:14 UTC

On 6/21/2023 2:47 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote:

>>> We believe you, Yak girl. Good luck with your tenure
>>> among the Lizard People.
>>
>> We'll believe you once one of these hit jobs that you like to forward on
>> ever comes to fruition. For now all we have is your whining about a
>> justice that you don't like.
>
> What "hit jobs"? I reported the facts. You didn't even contest the
> facts! Instead you waved your hands. Sheesh!
>
> --bks

There's nothing to contest. Alito was under no obligation to report or
recuse. Sheesh.

Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

<knKkM.825270$dBsd.735328@fx15.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29384&group=alt.politics#29384

From: NoO...@private.corp (John Doe)
Newsgroups: alt.politics
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 21:57:36 GMT
 by: John Doe - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 21:57 UTC

> On 6/21/2023 11:17 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> > Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote:

> > > Nope got it exactly right again, bs.
> >
> > We believe you, Yak girl. Good luck with your tenure
> > among the Lizard People.
>
> Gak (fucked up the ass by priests hundreds of times a kid) actually is right.
> The corrupt SCOTUS justices get to set their own ethical rules, and as might
> be
> expected, they do *not* require reporting of extravagantly lavish gifts, nor
> do
> they require recusals. Any reasonable sense of judicial ethics *would*
> require
> it, but these corrupt bastards don't.

Exactly. I was brought up to believe ethical people, especially ones in public service, should avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

<i4g89il232ekrqmult8dp03u1nqggoufkt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29393&group=alt.politics#29393

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 08:39:28 -0400
 by: Governor Swill - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 12:39 UTC

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 18:17:57 +0000, Mitchell Holman <noemail@verizon.net> wrote:

>Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote in news:u6vbvg$2v4se$2@dont-email.me:

>>> Har! Alito refused to answer questions from Pro Publica and
>>> then writes a bullshit piece in the Murdoch WSJ proving
>>> that he didn't even read the Pro Publica article.
>>>
>>> And Yak thinks he "settled" it! Yak is a moron.
>>>
>>> --bks
>>
>> He doesn't need to answer anything because he's under no obligation to
>> report. Same bullshit, different justice. So yeah, it's settled.
>>

> Unless a Democratic judge was getting
>huge benefits from labor unions and the
>ACLU, then you would be the first to
>demand "ethical responsibility" and
>"Congressional oversight".

Absofuckinglutely! The right would be screaming their fool heads off if Sotomayor had
gotten a $200k Caribbean on a private yacht from Soros!

Swill
--
Reality is an acquired taste - Matthew Perry

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: Alito, Like Thomas, Has A Billionaire Sugar Daddy

<super70s-FAD4A1.19494122062023@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29404&group=alt.politics#29404

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 19:49:41 -0500
 by: super70s - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 00:49 UTC

In article <u6vi6a$2v4se$5@dont-email.me>, Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote:

> Alito was under no obligation to report or recuse.

Therein lies the rub.

"How dare you peasants question our behavior!"

Even though federal judges one rung lower than them don't have the same
privilege.

We know how fond the right is of authoritarian rule over themselves
though.