Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.misc
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 16:32:35 -0700 (PDT)
<caa806d6-4065-481b-a4ac-c2088db32763n@googlegroups.com> <c5a536f3-90ab-4c48-b148-2f370bae07b6n@googlegroups.com>
<29f2858f-5c86-4d77-821e-88010499771bn@googlegroups.com> <5l6b4ghdj9dkku4mrdfqah05lrg2mrsamn@4ax.com>
<37d953b3-3147-478a-91e6-5245f4fd1667n@googlegroups.com> <lbkb4gd85mdg265ed6mu6dthskhk4f2ehs@4ax.com>
<c7eeae90-ec61-4a40-818c-17e36803c8dbn@googlegroups.com> <8o2e4gpmfn671l6pj2670sdva2akuklg3v@4ax.com>
<61282ae0-68f9-4ab8-990e-6b98d28fad3bn@googlegroups.com> <893f034f-f064-421a-b412-dacec40ad905n@googlegroups.com>
<pyr7I.93922$mK3.84050@fx43.iad> <ac461eb0-cd33-4543-b139-0a37bc229ae1n@googlegroups.com>
<a1342690-93c5-459f-aa18-e86436aebd63n@googlegroups.com> <id3tcbFroo8U1@mid.individual.net>
<fe3908b9-d009-439a-b766-585225b863d3n@googlegroups.com> <id6prrF6cb5U1@mid.individual.net>
<d3ceb0fb-aa08-41d5-a9bd-de16386100c8n@googlegroups.com> <7c285ae9-844d-44e1-9ef4-8764b210e34dn@googlegroups.com>
<c9159f3b-49a6-4160-adce-18cac57c2ba0n@googlegroups.com> <bd7a6bad-23b7-4933-be61-11e3814d7839n@googlegroups.com>
<0c341e44-0554-48d1-9f94-0f79321b2556n@googlegroups.com> <ac95a62f-3f42-4a80-9409-38e508b389ccn@googlegroups.com>
<6dbb2576-2b0a-404b-979b-5f91613e9d51n@googlegroups.com> <d7b27de7-7ced-482d-8224-9c6d89e22f35n@googlegroups.com>
<b26c24c2-0ba0-48d4-a28d-8ecd29c9194en@googlegroups.com> <8bba7462-3458-4974-9279-f96b4cae1c36n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Opening traps are killers
From: nastyhor...@gmail.com (Eli Kesef)
 by: Eli Kesef - Sat, 18 Sep 2021 23:32 UTC

Bs"d

So I slaughtered hundreds of people with the Englund gambit. It is just that lately it seems that nobody is falling for it. And the Englund is one trap that if the enemy doesn't fall for it, you end up with a rotten position.
So I thought, let's switch to the Budapest gambit for a while, and see what happens. It has a handful of traps in it, and you don't end up with a rotten position if the enemy doesn't fall for it. Like the Englund, you can only play it if the enemy starts out with d4, and cooperates to get the Budapest on the board.
So I gave it a try. And lo and behold, the first try was a great success. No mate within 10 moves, but the opponent had to give up his queen for a horse and a bishop. On move 8. https://lichess.org/M7g5N4zgxk3e

He played on to the mate in move 38, but I was 6 points ahead, so I was enjoying myself. I sacrificed a pawn on move 2, as opposed to move 1 in the Englund. But I got the pawn back, with interest. The interest being the queen of enemy, for only a horse and bishop.

I've got to try this more often.

https://tinyurl.com/buda-gamb