Quod erat demonstrandum. [Thus it is proven. For those who wondered WTF QED means.]

interests / rec.food.cooking / Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)

SubjectAuthor
* Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)Gary
+* Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)Cindy Hamilton
|`* Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)Graham
| `* Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)Cindy Hamilton
|  +- Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)MummyChunk
|  `- Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)cshenk
+- Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)Bruce
+* Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)dsi1
|`* Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)Bruce
| `- Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)dsi1
+- Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)jmcquown
`- Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)jmcquown

1
Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)

<umcaup$33kio$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=297352&group=rec.food.cooking#297352

From: g.maj...@att.net (Gary)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 11:34:32 -0500
 by: Gary - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 16:34 UTC

My extreme change in posting in the past 6+ months has no specific
problems or issues. Just know my change started with - tired of spending
*SO* much time each day in this group.
I'm always here every day - never think I've unsubscribed.

Anyway I just hope everyone here (and I do mean everyone) has a better
than average day.

No time now to even provide links to my 'all time' favorite two
Christmas songs. If anyone is curious, easy search to listen to:

1) Favorite carol - 'Oh Holy Night'
2) Favorite xmas song - 'Happy Christmas' by John Lennon

Note: Do remember that most of my many fav songs have little to do with
the lyrics. All about the total sound, including voice.

OB Food: Hummingbirds definitely love *high-carb* meals! ;]

Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)

<wDiiN.114172$83n7.58690@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=297356&group=rec.food.cooking#297356

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Subject: Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 17:05:32 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 17:05 UTC

On 2023-12-25, Gary <g.majors@att.net> wrote:
> My extreme change in posting in the past 6+ months has no specific
> problems or issues. Just know my change started with - tired of spending
> *SO* much time each day in this group.
> I'm always here every day - never think I've unsubscribed.
>
> Anyway I just hope everyone here (and I do mean everyone) has a better
> than average day.
>
> No time now to even provide links to my 'all time' favorite two
> Christmas songs. If anyone is curious, easy search to listen to:
>
> 1) Favorite carol - 'Oh Holy Night'
> 2) Favorite xmas song - 'Happy Christmas' by John Lennon

I don't have a favorite carol. This one has been getting a lot of
play inside my head this year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iuqOOL49Mo

There's another one that's been on rotation, but it's an Annunciation
carol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXoJ7w3sHc0
I guess I'll have to revisit it around March 25.

I suppose my favorite "xmas song" is "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch".
Pop Christmas songs really aren't my thing.

Oh, hey. Has anybody else seen "Liam Neeson Auditions for Mall Santa
Claus"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqG621-drmk
It's been around a while, but I just ran across it last week.

> Note: Do remember that most of my many fav songs have little to do with
> the lyrics. All about the total sound, including voice.

Same here.

> OB Food: Hummingbirds definitely love *high-carb* meals! ;]

If only I had the metabolism of a hummingbird.

My Christmas haul this year included a few food-related items. Some
very small plastic whisks so I'll quit beating up my glass measuring
cups when I make a serving of salad dressing. A batter bowl, because
pouring from a regular mixing bowl just isn't cutting it anymore. And,
best of all, a tin of pistachio oil. It'll be lemon-pistachio dressing
on tonight's salad!

Merry Christmas, one and all.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)

<0LiiN.27132$GX69.23971@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=297357&group=rec.food.cooking#297357

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: g.ste...@shaw.ca (Graham)
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 10:13:31 -0700
 by: Graham - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 17:13 UTC

On 2023-12-25 10:05 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> 1) Favorite carol - 'Oh Holy Night'
>> 2) Favorite xmas song - 'Happy Christmas' by John Lennon
>
> I don't have a favorite carol. This one has been getting a lot of
> play inside my head this year:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iuqOOL49Mo

After all the damn xmas music in the shops for the last 6 weeks, the
last thing I want to hear in this house is another xmas carol. So,
while I'm cooking this afternoon, I'll play some Shostakovich string
quartets and Jessye Norman singing Richard Strauss and Mahler.

Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)

<QojiN.48051$q3F7.44123@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=297359&group=rec.food.cooking#297359

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 17:58:08 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 17:58 UTC

On 2023-12-25, Graham <g.stereo@shaw.ca> wrote:
> On 2023-12-25 10:05 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>

>>> 1) Favorite carol - 'Oh Holy Night'
>>> 2) Favorite xmas song - 'Happy Christmas' by John Lennon
>>
>> I don't have a favorite carol. This one has been getting a lot of
>> play inside my head this year:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iuqOOL49Mo
>>
> After all the damn xmas music in the shops for the last 6 weeks, the
> last thing I want to hear in this house is another xmas carol.

There are so many carols that are _not_ played in the shops, I could
do a couple of hours of carols at home, easily.

> So,
> while I'm cooking this afternoon, I'll play some Shostakovich string
> quartets and Jessye Norman singing Richard Strauss and Mahler.

I used to play Messiah on the CD player in my car as I drove around
Christmas shopping. Now I do most of my shopping online, except for
stocking stuffers.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)

<UpmdnanXVeqJVxT4nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=297362&group=rec.food.cooking#297362

From: mummycul...@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (MummyChunk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 18:29:40 +0000
 by: MummyChunk - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 18:29 UTC

> Gary wrote:
> My extreme change in posting in the past 6+ months has no specific
> problems or issues. Just know my change started with - tired of
spending
> *SO* much time each day in this group.
> I'm always here every day - never think I've unsubscribed.
>
> Anyway I just hope everyone here (and I do mean everyone) has a
better
> than average day.
>
> No time now to even provide links to my 'all time' favorite two
> Christmas songs. If anyone is curious, easy search to listen to:
>
> 1) Favorite carol - 'Oh Holy Night'
> 2) Favorite xmas song - 'Happy Christmas' by John Lennon
>
> Note: Do remember that most of my many fav songs have little to do
with
> the lyrics. All about the total sound, including voice.
>
> OB Food: Hummingbirds definitely love *high-carb* meals!
;]

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!

…„

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=657833024#657833024

Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)

<umck1s$34qvc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=297372&group=rec.food.cooking#297372

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 06:09:44 +1100
 by: Bruce - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 19:09 UTC

On Mon, 25 Dec 2023 11:34:32 -0500, Gary <g.majors@att.net> wrote:

>My extreme change in posting in the past 6+ months has no specific
>problems or issues. Just know my change started with - tired of spending
>*SO* much time each day in this group.
>I'm always here every day - never think I've unsubscribed.

Damn, I had all these theories about medical events!

>Anyway I just hope everyone here (and I do mean everyone) has a better
>than average day.
>
>No time now to even provide links to my 'all time' favorite two
>Christmas songs. If anyone is curious, easy search to listen to:
>
>1) Favorite carol - 'Oh Holy Night'
>2) Favorite xmas song - 'Happy Christmas' by John Lennon

My favourites:
1) Favourite carol: none, stop singing!
2) Favourite xmas song: Tom Waits and a wino bum:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT0wonCq_MY>

Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)

<307afa6c-09b8-422b-b8c4-470ab57b2bebn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=297377&group=rec.food.cooking#297377

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 11:34:23 -0800 (PST)
From: dsi...@hawaiiantel.net (dsi1)
 by: dsi1 - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 19:34 UTC

On Monday, December 25, 2023 at 6:34:39 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> My extreme change in posting in the past 6+ months has no specific
> problems or issues. Just know my change started with - tired of spending
> *SO* much time each day in this group.
> I'm always here every day - never think I've unsubscribed.
>
> Anyway I just hope everyone here (and I do mean everyone) has a better
> than average day.
>
> No time now to even provide links to my 'all time' favorite two
> Christmas songs. If anyone is curious, easy search to listen to:
>
> 1) Favorite carol - 'Oh Holy Night'
> 2) Favorite xmas song - 'Happy Christmas' by John Lennon
>
> Note: Do remember that most of my many fav songs have little to do with
> the lyrics. All about the total sound, including voice.
>
> OB Food: Hummingbirds definitely love *high-carb* meals! ;]

"Fairytale of New York" could be a Christmas classic in the US, but maybe not the near future. It's a song about broken dreams and the uncertainties of love and the lyrics are the part that gets you. The composer and singer of the song died last month and the Irish folk gave him a truly swinging send off. Amazing funeral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s8lvnSmISc

Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)

<umclse$351q5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=297384&group=rec.food.cooking#297384

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 06:41:01 +1100
 by: Bruce - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 19:41 UTC

On Mon, 25 Dec 2023 11:34:23 -0800 (PST), dsi1
<dsi123@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:

>On Monday, December 25, 2023 at 6:34:39 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>> My extreme change in posting in the past 6+ months has no specific
>> problems or issues. Just know my change started with - tired of spending
>> *SO* much time each day in this group.
>> I'm always here every day - never think I've unsubscribed.
>>
>> Anyway I just hope everyone here (and I do mean everyone) has a better
>> than average day.
>>
>> No time now to even provide links to my 'all time' favorite two
>> Christmas songs. If anyone is curious, easy search to listen to:
>>
>> 1) Favorite carol - 'Oh Holy Night'
>> 2) Favorite xmas song - 'Happy Christmas' by John Lennon
>>
>> Note: Do remember that most of my many fav songs have little to do with
>> the lyrics. All about the total sound, including voice.
>>
>> OB Food: Hummingbirds definitely love *high-carb* meals! ;]
>
>"Fairytale of New York" could be a Christmas classic in the US, but maybe not the near future. It's a song about broken dreams and the uncertainties of love and the lyrics are the part that gets you. The composer and singer of the song died last month and the Irish folk gave him a truly swinging send off. Amazing funeral.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s8lvnSmISc

Kristy MacColl died possibly saving her son's life.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirsty_MacColl>

Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)

<913e5ffa-ef3a-436e-b138-37453f2868acn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=297395&group=rec.food.cooking#297395

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 12:21:30 -0800 (PST)
From: dsi...@hawaiiantel.net (dsi1)
 by: dsi1 - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 20:21 UTC

On Monday, December 25, 2023 at 9:41:08 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Dec 2023 11:34:23 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:
>
> >On Monday, December 25, 2023 at 6:34:39 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> >> My extreme change in posting in the past 6+ months has no specific
> >> problems or issues. Just know my change started with - tired of spending
> >> *SO* much time each day in this group.
> >> I'm always here every day - never think I've unsubscribed.
> >>
> >> Anyway I just hope everyone here (and I do mean everyone) has a better
> >> than average day.
> >>
> >> No time now to even provide links to my 'all time' favorite two
> >> Christmas songs. If anyone is curious, easy search to listen to:
> >>
> >> 1) Favorite carol - 'Oh Holy Night'
> >> 2) Favorite xmas song - 'Happy Christmas' by John Lennon
> >>
> >> Note: Do remember that most of my many fav songs have little to do with
> >> the lyrics. All about the total sound, including voice.
> >>
> >> OB Food: Hummingbirds definitely love *high-carb* meals! ;]
> >
> >"Fairytale of New York" could be a Christmas classic in the US, but maybe not the near future. It's a song about broken dreams and the uncertainties of love and the lyrics are the part that gets you. The composer and singer of the song died last month and the Irish folk gave him a truly swinging send off. Amazing funeral.
> >
> >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s8lvnSmISc
> Kristy MacColl died possibly saving her son's life.
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirsty_MacColl>

Possibly, it's hard to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSxOQBPmkRI

Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)

<ahycnfOXoa6Xkxf4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=297425&group=rec.food.cooking#297425

From: csh...@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 23:19:38 +0000
 by: cshenk - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 23:19 UTC

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> I don't have a favorite carol. This one has been getting a lot of
> >> play inside my head this year:
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iuqOOL49Mo
> >>
> > After all the damn xmas music in the shops for the last 6 weeks, the
> > last thing I want to hear in this house is another xmas carol.
>
> There are so many carols that are not played in the shops, I could
> do a couple of hours of carols at home, easily.
>
> > So,
> > while I'm cooking this afternoon, I'll play some Shostakovich string
> > quartets and Jessye Norman singing Richard Strauss and Mahler.
>
> I used to play Messiah on the CD player in my car as I drove around
> Christmas shopping. Now I do most of my shopping online, except for
> stocking stuffers.

Merry Christmas all!

Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)

<6SoiN.16166$iHd5.0@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=297443&group=rec.food.cooking#297443

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 19:10:39 -0500
 by: jmcquown - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 00:10 UTC

On 12/25/2023 11:34 AM, Gary wrote:
> My extreme change in posting in the past 6+ months has no specific
> problems or issues. Just know my change started with - tired of spending
> *SO* much time each day in this group.
> I'm always here every day - never think I've unsubscribed.
>
> Anyway I just hope everyone here (and I do mean everyone) has a better
> than average day.
>
> No time now to even provide links to my 'all time' favorite two
> Christmas songs.  If anyone is curious, easy search to listen to:
>
> 1) Favorite carol - 'Oh Holy Night'
> 2) Favorite xmas song - 'Happy Christmas' by John Lennon
>
> Note: Do remember that most of my many fav songs have little to do with
> the lyrics. All about the total sound, including voice.

I prefer this one; Greg Lake with Ian Anderson on flute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6-PAKOt7sM

Jill

Re: Happy Christmas to *ALL* :)

<T8piN.114174$83n7.74942@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=297445&group=rec.food.cooking#297445

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 19:30:39 -0500
 by: jmcquown - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 00:30 UTC

On 12/25/2023 11:34 AM, Gary wrote:
> My extreme change in posting in the past 6+ months has no specific
> problems or issues. Just know my change started with - tired of spending
> *SO* much time each day in this group.
> I'm always here every day - never think I've unsubscribed.
>
> Anyway I just hope everyone here (and I do mean everyone) has a better
> than average day.
>
> No time now to even provide links to my 'all time' favorite two
> Christmas songs.  If anyone is curious, easy search to listen to:
>
> 1) Favorite carol - 'Oh Holy Night'
> 2) Favorite xmas song - 'Happy Christmas' by John Lennon
>
> Note: Do remember that most of my many fav songs have little to do with
> the lyrics. All about the total sound, including voice.

Here's another fun Christmas carol featuring Ian Anderson. God Rest Ye
Merry Gentlemen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X29EifkeEbw

Jill