Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Subject: Merry Christmas
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 10:06:47 -0500
 by: Dave Smith - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 15:06 UTC

Last night's dinner went well. The church lady tourtiere's were
wonderful. Everyone seemed to have a nice time. They cleared out by
about 10 and I was surprised when I went into the kitchen to clean up
and saw that my son and DiL had already done that, and they did a better
job than I could have done.

I was up early this morning. The dressing is made and ready to cram into
the turkey. I made some fruit salad to go into the crepes. Son and DiL
are on their way here for brunch and present exchange and then they have
to head off for to visit her parents. My brother and SiL are arriving
here around 5. I should say at 5. My brother is like my father. When
invited for a particular time he arrives within a minute of the
appointed hour.

Re: Merry Christmas

<ieiiN.60454$vFZa.5568@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=297353&group=rec.food.cooking#297353

Subject: Re: Merry Christmas
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: g.ste...@shaw.ca (Graham)
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 09:38:36 -0700
 by: Graham - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 16:38 UTC

On 2023-12-25 8:06 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:
My brother and SiL are arriving
> here around 5.  I should say at 5. My brother is like my father. When
> invited for a particular time he arrives within a minute  of the
> appointed hour.

I am the same, as is my eldest.
A friend once volunteered to take me to the airport when I was flying to
the UK. I was about to call a taxi when he turned up. He hadn't been
wearing a watch. That was the last time I arranged a lift with him.

Re: Merry Christmas

<P%kiN.97557$p%Mb.1207@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=297388&group=rec.food.cooking#297388

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 14:47:59 -0500
 by: Dave Smith - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 19:47 UTC

On 2023-12-25 11:38 a.m., Graham wrote:
> On 2023-12-25 8:06 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:
>  My brother and SiL are arriving
>> here around 5.  I should say at 5. My brother is like my father. When
>> invited for a particular time he arrives within a minute  of the
>> appointed hour.
>
> I am the same, as is my eldest.
> A friend once volunteered to take me to the airport when I was flying to
> the UK. I was about to call a taxi when he turned up. He hadn't been
> wearing a watch. That was the last time I arranged a lift with him.

I always make sure to leave lots of time for airports. It is an hour and
a quarter to Toronto under ideal conditions, 2 or more under normal
conditions, and if things are bad it could be 3 hours. If it is an
international flight I have to be there three hours early. If I am
flying to a US destination I use Buffalo. It is not international from
there to US destinations but I have to cross the border to get there. If
traffic is light I can get across the border with minimal delay, but
there are times when it takes an hour or more.

Look at what happened last month when it was misreported that a car had
exploded at the Rainbow Bridge. They immediately shut down all four
Niagara crossings. I always leave lots of time for flights.