Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Subject: Best beets ever
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 22:07:38 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 22:07 UTC

Out to lunch today. I had the roasted vegetable salad. I don't know
what they did to them apart from roasting, but they had no trace
of that "dirt" flavor of geosmin. The first beets I have ever had
that I could pronounce "delicious".

Sadly, we won't be going back there. They didn't know squat about
making a vodka gimlet, and that's a showstopper for my mother.
It's a damned vodka gimlet! How hard can it be? A glass of
vodka with fresh lime squeezed into it just didn't cut it. I
walked back up to the bar and had them add a bit of simple syrup,
but that only made it barely drinkable for her.

Being the wheelman, I always have an excuse to drink nothing but
water. It's virtually impossible to screw that up.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Best beets ever

<27f2d077-57d2-4c06-b2f0-dd1b166247ccn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=297740&group=rec.food.cooking#297740

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 15:26:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Best beets ever
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Not Kmart Material)
 by: Not Kmart Material - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 23:26 UTC

On Wednesday, December 27, 2023 at 4:07:44 PM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> Out to lunch today. I had the roasted vegetable salad. I don't know
> what they did to them apart from roasting, but they had no trace
> of that "dirt" flavor of geosmin. The first beets I have ever had
> that I could pronounce "delicious".
>
> Sadly, we won't be going back there. They didn't know squat about
> making a vodka gimlet, and that's a showstopper for my mother.
> It's a damned vodka gimlet! How hard can it be? A glass of
> vodka with fresh lime squeezed into it just didn't cut it. I
> walked back up to the bar and had them add a bit of simple syrup,
> but that only made it barely drinkable for her.

I assume Mom took the demand note into Citibank after lunch.
Thelma and Louise on the lamb in Motown.
Cheapeskate me always brings drinks into Brunch.