When in doubt, tell the truth. -- Mark Twain

interests / rec.food.cooking / Sunday Dinner 1/14/24

SubjectAuthor
* Sunday Dinner 1/14/24jmcquown
+- Re: Sunday Dinner 1/14/24Dave Smith
+- Re: Sunday Dinner 1/14/24Cindy Hamilton
+- Re: Sunday Dinner 1/14/24itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net
+* Re: Sunday Dinner 1/14/24Leonard Blaisdell
|`* Re: Sunday Dinner 1/14/24Michael Trew
| +- Re: Sunday Dinner 1/14/24itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net
| `- Re: Sunday Dinner 1/14/24BryanGSimmons
`- Re: Sunday Dinner 1/14/24Michael Trew

1
Sunday Dinner 1/14/24

<WecpN.80437$JLvf.70084@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299711&group=rec.food.cooking#299711

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Subject: Sunday Dinner 1/14/24
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 10:33:08 -0500
 by: jmcquown - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 15:33 UTC

I cooked a small chuck roast, seasoned with S&P, in the crock pot. The
simmering liquid was a little beef broth. I added a few pearl onions to
add flavour to the broth as the meat cooked, along with a couple of bay
leaves and a couple of peeled cloves of garlic.

Plated was a piece of the falling apart tender chuck roast along with
(unusual for me) brown rice as a side. The vegetable was frozen
Fordhook lima beans heated in the microwave.

Jill

Re: Sunday Dinner 1/14/24

<0kcpN.323320$83n7.68732@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299712&group=rec.food.cooking#299712

Subject: Re: Sunday Dinner 1/14/24
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 10:38:35 -0500
 by: Dave Smith - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 15:38 UTC

On 2024-01-15 10:33 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
> I cooked a small chuck roast, seasoned with S&P, in the crock pot.  The
> simmering liquid was a little beef broth.  I added a few pearl onions to
> add flavour to the broth as the meat cooked, along with a couple of bay
> leaves and a couple of peeled cloves of garlic.
>
> Plated was a piece of the falling apart tender chuck roast along with
> (unusual for me) brown rice as a side.  The vegetable was frozen
> Fordhook lima beans heated in the microwave.

We had a roasted chicken with roasted potatoes and carrots and steamed
green beans. I especially enjoyed the potatoes. We have been buying
little potatoes for the last few months and I just wasn't enjoying them.
They had no texture and little taste. We went back to regular sized
potatoes. These guys where peeled and quartered, par boiled and then
tossed into the bottom of the roasting pan to cook with the rendered
chicken fat. What a great change.

Re: Sunday Dinner 1/14/24

<rBcpN.47809$GX69.36311@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299714&group=rec.food.cooking#299714

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 15:57:11 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 15:57 UTC

On 2024-01-15, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
> I cooked a small chuck roast, seasoned with S&P, in the crock pot. The
> simmering liquid was a little beef broth. I added a few pearl onions to
> add flavour to the broth as the meat cooked, along with a couple of bay
> leaves and a couple of peeled cloves of garlic.
>
> Plated was a piece of the falling apart tender chuck roast along with
> (unusual for me) brown rice as a side. The vegetable was frozen
> Fordhook lima beans heated in the microwave.

Grilled chicken. Yes, I was out there at 10 F grilling. Not,
you know, that I stood out there for the whole 5 minutes. I can
observe the grill from the enclosed porch.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Sunday Dinner 1/14/24

<1024f496-d426-4928-832e-acd1e75327a5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299716&group=rec.food.cooking#299716

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 08:59:42 -0800 (PST)
From: itsjoann...@webtv.net (itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net)
 by: itsjoannotjoann@webt - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 16:59 UTC

On Monday, January 15, 2024 at 9:33:17 AM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:

> I cooked a small chuck roast, seasoned with S&P, in the crock pot. The
> simmering liquid was a little beef broth. I added a few pearl onions to
> add flavour to the broth as the meat cooked, along with a couple of bay
> leaves and a couple of peeled cloves of garlic.
>
> Plated was a piece of the falling apart tender chuck roast along with
> (unusual for me) brown rice as a side. The vegetable was frozen
> Fordhook lima beans heated in the microwave.
>
> Jill

Your dinner sounds better than mine although mine was still filling.
I had leftover white rice with butter and sugar in it like I would eat
oatmeal and a banana later. Oh well, at least it freed up refrigerator
space.

Re: Sunday Dinner 1/14/24

<l0ln0kFqugpU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299726&group=rec.food.cooking#299726

From: leoblais...@sbcglobal.net (Leonard Blaisdell)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: 15 Jan 2024 21:39:32 GMT
 by: Leonard Blaisdell - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 21:39 UTC

On 2024-01-15, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:

> I cooked a small chuck roast, seasoned with S&P, in the crock pot. The
> simmering liquid was a little beef broth. I added a few pearl onions to
> add flavour to the broth as the meat cooked, along with a couple of bay
> leaves and a couple of peeled cloves of garlic.

> Plated was a piece of the falling apart tender chuck roast along with
> (unusual for me) brown rice as a side. The vegetable was frozen
> Fordhook lima beans heated in the microwave.

For the first time ever, I bought a frozen pizza, Paul Newman pepperoni.
From discussions here, Paul Newman pizzas have a decent reputation.
So we had that with a green salad. I'll do it again.
I was weak after cleaning the crab in another post. ;)

leo

Re: Sunday Dinner 1/14/24

<2SipN.224856$Wp_8.222364@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299741&group=rec.food.cooking#299741

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 18:04:32 -0500
 by: Michael Trew - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 23:04 UTC

On 1/15/2024 10:33 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> I cooked a small chuck roast, seasoned with S&P, in the crock pot. The
> simmering liquid was a little beef broth. I added a few pearl onions to
> add flavour to the broth as the meat cooked, along with a couple of bay
> leaves and a couple of peeled cloves of garlic.
>
> Plated was a piece of the falling apart tender chuck roast along with
> (unusual for me) brown rice as a side. The vegetable was frozen Fordhook
> lima beans heated in the microwave.

Funny, our Sunday evening supper was just the same; Chuck roast and
onions. However, I cooked it in an old Club aluminum pot, just like
Ed's. I also added chopped carrot, celery, and potatoes near the end of
cooking time.

Re: Sunday Dinner 1/14/24

<CTipN.224857$Wp_8.40873@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299743&group=rec.food.cooking#299743

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 18:06:11 -0500
 by: Michael Trew - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 23:06 UTC

On 1/15/2024 4:39 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> For the first time ever, I bought a frozen pizza, Paul Newman pepperoni.
> From discussions here, Paul Newman pizzas have a decent reputation.
> So we had that with a green salad. I'll do it again.
> I was weak after cleaning the crab in another post. ;)

I went to a few stores looking for that regularly mentioned Newman
pizza, but no one near me seems to carry them.

Re: Sunday Dinner 1/14/24

<1f45127b-c538-4be7-ac51-c7dd9270f5d1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299748&group=rec.food.cooking#299748

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 15:42:14 -0800 (PST)
From: itsjoann...@webtv.net (itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net)
 by: itsjoannotjoann@webt - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 23:42 UTC

On Monday, January 15, 2024 at 5:06:16 PM UTC-6, Michael Trew wrote:

> On 1/15/2024 4:39 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> >
> > For the first time ever, I bought a frozen pizza, Paul Newman pepperoni..
> > From discussions here, Paul Newman pizzas have a decent reputation.
> > So we had that with a green salad. I'll do it again.
> >
> > I was weak after cleaning the crab in another post. ;)
> I went to a few stores looking for that regularly mentioned Newman
> pizza, but no one near me seems to carry them.

If you ever find one, snap it up. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Re: Sunday Dinner 1/14/24

<msvpN.8464$x4Zc.831@fx10.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299766&group=rec.food.cooking#299766

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: bryangsi...@gmail.com (BryanGSimmons)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 07:24:27 -0600
 by: BryanGSimmons - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 13:24 UTC

On 1/15/2024 5:06 PM, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 1/15/2024 4:39 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>>
>> For the first time ever, I bought a frozen pizza, Paul Newman pepperoni.
>>  From discussions here, Paul Newman pizzas have a decent reputation.
>> So we had that with a green salad. I'll do it again.
>> I was weak after cleaning the crab in another post. ;)
>
> I went to a few stores looking for that regularly mentioned Newman
> pizza, but no one near me seems to carry them.

These actually have plenty of topping.
https://www.target.com/p/brew-pub-lotzza-motzza-supreme-frozen-pizza-26-82oz/-/A-47522699

--
--Bryan
For your safety and protection, this sig. has been thoroughly

"Most of the food described here is nauseating.
We're just too courteous to say so."
-- Cindy Hamilton