Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Subject: Comfort food dessert... rice pudding
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 13:38:09 -0500
 by: Dave Smith - Thu, 18 Jan 2024 18:38 UTC

It's a labour of love but this Greek style creamy rice pudding is worth
the time and effort that goes into. It starts off with 1/3 cup each of
of Arborio rice and water and boiled for about 5 minutes until the water
is absorbed. Add 4 cups hot milk, 1/2 cup sugar and a pinch of salt and
simmer for 4 minutes stirring frequently for 40 minutes. Allow the
mixture to cool and then temper two well beaten eggs with some of the
warm mixture and then pour that into the pot and cook it on low heat for
15 minutes until it thickens. Pour into serving bowls and sprinkle with
cinnamon. Serve warm or cold.

Re: Comfort food dessert... rice pudding

<qsoo7k-meq.ln1@anthive.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299924&group=rec.food.cooking#299924

From: songb...@anthive.com (songbird)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Comfort food dessert... rice pudding
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 18:30:02 -0500
 by: songbird - Thu, 18 Jan 2024 23:30 UTC

Dave Smith wrote:
> It's a labour of love but this Greek style creamy rice pudding is worth
> the time and effort that goes into. It starts off with 1/3 cup each of
> of Arborio rice and water and boiled for about 5 minutes until the water
> is absorbed. Add 4 cups hot milk, 1/2 cup sugar and a pinch of salt and
> simmer for 4 minutes stirring frequently for 40 minutes.

??? 4 minutes or 40 minutes?

no matter what it doesn't matter to me as this style
of rice pudding doesn't appeal to me at all. i want a
nice firm baked custard with a browned crust in places
(which is strange compared to tapioca pudding which i
don't want crusty or baked at all).

> Allow the
> mixture to cool and then temper two well beaten eggs with some of the
> warm mixture and then pour that into the pot and cook it on low heat for
> 15 minutes until it thickens. Pour into serving bowls and sprinkle with
> cinnamon. Serve warm or cold.

songbird

Re: Comfort food dessert... rice pudding

<uodv7d$35nhe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299960&group=rec.food.cooking#299960

From: bob...@sympatico.com (bob)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 06:59:13 -0700
 by: bob - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 13:59 UTC

On 2024-01-18 23:30:02 +0000, songbird said:

> Dave Smith wrote:
>> It's a labour of love but this Greek style creamy rice pudding is worth
>> the time and effort that goes into. It starts off with 1/3 cup each of
>> of Arborio rice and water and boiled for about 5 minutes until the water
>> is absorbed. Add 4 cups hot milk, 1/2 cup sugar and a pinch of salt and
>> simmer for 4 minutes stirring frequently for 40 minutes.
>
> ??? 4 minutes or 40 minutes?
>
> no matter what it doesn't matter to me as this style
> of rice pudding doesn't appeal to me at all. i want a
> nice firm baked custard with a browned crust in places
> (which is strange compared to tapioca pudding which i
> don't want crusty or baked at all).

No matter does it really matter since you don't like it anyway? I mean
do you really need clarification? If you're just proof reading..you
should start with your post above.