From: mail.inv...@mail.invalid (john west)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Subject: Home made not turning Sour
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 10:08:54 +0100
 by: john west - Sat, 23 Oct 2021 09:08 UTC

As a complete novice I have been making a simple brew: one third of a
litre of fresh pressed supermarket red grape juice and granulated sugar
and baking yeast made up to a final volume of one litre at about 9% ABV.

When i buy a bottle of supermarket red wine after a couple of days of
being opened it soons turns sour. But my home made concoction does not
seem to do this and just remains the same and is drinkable.

Anyone with an explanation why this home made behaves differently ?

Re: Home made not turning Sour

<sl5b03$fr3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=28&group=rec.crafts.brewing#28

From: tombi...@optonline.net (Tom Biasi)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Subject: Re: Home made not turning Sour
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 00:14:59 -0400
 by: Tom Biasi - Mon, 25 Oct 2021 04:14 UTC

On 10/23/2021 5:08 AM, john west wrote:

> As a complete novice I have been making a simple brew: one third of a
> litre of fresh pressed supermarket red grape juice and granulated sugar
> and baking yeast made up to a final volume of one litre at about 9% ABV.
>
> When i buy a bottle of supermarket red wine after a couple of days of
> being opened it soons turns sour.  But my home made concoction does not
> seem to do this and just remains the same and is drinkable.
>
> Anyone with an explanation why this home made behaves differently ?

How is life under the bridge?

Re: Home made not turning Sour

<sl6ce9$mok$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=29&group=rec.crafts.brewing#29

From: mail.inv...@mail.invalid (john west)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 14:45:47 +0100
 by: john west - Mon, 25 Oct 2021 13:45 UTC

Tom Biasi wrote:
> On 10/23/2021 5:08 AM, john west wrote:
>>
>> As a complete novice I have been making a simple brew: one third of a
>> litre of fresh pressed supermarket red grape juice and granulated
>> sugar and baking yeast made up to a final volume of one litre at about
>> 9% ABV.
>>
>> When i buy a bottle of supermarket red wine after a couple of days of
>> being opened it soons turns sour. But my home made concoction does
>> not seem to do this and just remains the same and is drinkable.
>>
>> Anyone with an explanation why this home made behaves differently ?
>
> How is life under the bridge?

~Tom Thanks
Scrolling through your posts you should get a life

Re: Home made not turning Sour

<sl7ftb$13jn$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30&group=rec.crafts.brewing#30

From: tombi...@optonline.net (Tom Biasi)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 19:51:03 -0400
 by: Tom Biasi - Mon, 25 Oct 2021 23:51 UTC

On 10/25/2021 9:45 AM, john west wrote:
> Tom Biasi wrote:
>> On 10/23/2021 5:08 AM, john west wrote:
>>>
>>> As a complete novice I have been making a simple brew: one third of a
>>> litre of fresh pressed supermarket red grape juice and granulated
>>> sugar and baking yeast made up to a final volume of one litre at about
>>> 9% ABV.
>>>
>>> When i buy a bottle of supermarket red wine after a couple of days of
>>> being opened it soons turns sour.  But my home made concoction does
>>> not seem to do this and just remains the same and is drinkable.
>>>
>>> Anyone with an explanation why this home made behaves differently ?
>>
>> How is life under the bridge?
>>
> ~Tom Thanks
> Scrolling through your posts you should get a life
Your posts sounded a lot like a troll. No body uses supermarket grapes,
granulated sugar, and bread yeast to make wine.
You couldn't scroll through my post because you wouldn't find any recent
ones.
Back when this group was active Kids often would look for help making booze.
I suspect you are not genuine. If I am wrong, I apologize.