Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.misc
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 14:16:24 -0700 (PDT)
<caa806d6-4065-481b-a4ac-c2088db32763n@googlegroups.com> <c5a536f3-90ab-4c48-b148-2f370bae07b6n@googlegroups.com>
<29f2858f-5c86-4d77-821e-88010499771bn@googlegroups.com> <5l6b4ghdj9dkku4mrdfqah05lrg2mrsamn@4ax.com>
<37d953b3-3147-478a-91e6-5245f4fd1667n@googlegroups.com> <lbkb4gd85mdg265ed6mu6dthskhk4f2ehs@4ax.com>
<c7eeae90-ec61-4a40-818c-17e36803c8dbn@googlegroups.com> <8o2e4gpmfn671l6pj2670sdva2akuklg3v@4ax.com>
<61282ae0-68f9-4ab8-990e-6b98d28fad3bn@googlegroups.com> <893f034f-f064-421a-b412-dacec40ad905n@googlegroups.com>
<pyr7I.93922$mK3.84050@fx43.iad> <ac461eb0-cd33-4543-b139-0a37bc229ae1n@googlegroups.com>
<a1342690-93c5-459f-aa18-e86436aebd63n@googlegroups.com> <id3tcbFroo8U1@mid.individual.net>
<fe3908b9-d009-439a-b766-585225b863d3n@googlegroups.com> <id6prrF6cb5U1@mid.individual.net>
<d3ceb0fb-aa08-41d5-a9bd-de16386100c8n@googlegroups.com> <7c285ae9-844d-44e1-9ef4-8764b210e34dn@googlegroups.com>
<c9159f3b-49a6-4160-adce-18cac57c2ba0n@googlegroups.com> <bd7a6bad-23b7-4933-be61-11e3814d7839n@googlegroups.com>
<0c341e44-0554-48d1-9f94-0f79321b2556n@googlegroups.com> <ac95a62f-3f42-4a80-9409-38e508b389ccn@googlegroups.com>
<6dbb2576-2b0a-404b-979b-5f91613e9d51n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Opening traps are killers
From: nastyhor...@gmail.com (Eli Kesef)
 by: Eli Kesef - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 21:16 UTC

On Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 1:06:36 AM UTC+3, Eli Kesef wrote:
> Bs"d
>
> Just played another game against Sidonio, 1800+. He played a Caro-Kann against me, so I played my trap against him, and it didn't really go all the way according to the book. I was wondering why. Then I saw that this was the 13th game I was playing against Sidionio. After the game was over, I saw that he was a fanatic Caro-Kann player, and I saw that I slaughtered him three times with my Caro-Kann trap.
> For the connoisseur, here are the games:
>
> https://lichess.org/xPsP3V6i#25
> https://lichess.org/5LGZwtc6#25
> https://lichess.org/ZkrXST2r#23
>
> So after biting the dust three times against the same opening trap, he got the hang of it, and didn't fall for it anymore.
>
> Still he came out of the opening with a lousy position, and I managed to take him down in 16 moves: https://lichess.org/lSNNhmba#35
>
> All is well that ends well.
>
> https://tinyurl.com/CaKa-trap

Bs¨d

Sidonio is unlucky against me. Just met him again, but now Sidonio, who was then rated 1823, had white, so no Caro-Kann.

So of course I went for the Stafford gambit, so I played the Russian defense, but the enemy didn´t cooperate, and no Stafford gambit materialized.. In stead he came at me with a Fried Liver. But, like I told you guys before, those two grand masters gave me a very trappy answer for when somebody is trying to fry my liver. So I played the usual crazy looking answer to his attempted Fried Liver, and he proceeded to smack in with his horse on f7, forking my queen and castle. The result was that I mated him on move 8: https://lichess.org/NRGgn6QkiMHd

Personally I think that that was a very satisfactory refutation of his Fried Liver.

Thank God for opening traps.

https://tinyurl.com/Hallel-starry3