Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.australia,alt.politics.uk,alt.survival
From: 36J...@qfxw6.net (36J.956)
Subject: UK/US Claim Action To Protect Taiwan - But Send Assets to AUSTRALIA Instead
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 22:23:12 -0400
 by: 36J.956 - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 02:23 UTC

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/07/18/china-taiwan-nuclear-submarines-us-royal-navy-defence-aukus/

As China menaces Taiwan, the Royal and US navies rightly stand by Australia

America is moving to cut its own red tape and get this thing done

.. . .

Ummmmmmmmmm ... it's not Australia being threatened by
imminent totalitarian invasion - it's TAIWAN. So why
aren't these navies standing by TAIWAN instead of a
country a thousand miles away ???

Something here doesn't quite pass the smell test.

Wanna protect Taiwan ? Then put a couple dozen big-firepower
ships close all around the island. Make China come through
them in order to attack Taiwan. THAT'S a defense. THAT'S
a deterrent.

When China DOES attack Taiwan we'd be in a position of
trying to displace a deeply-entrenched foe that's mixed
itself in with the civvies. That's not gonna work. The
choices would be to make nuclear war on China or do
nothing. We'd do nothing (but complain).

Re: UK/US Claim Action To Protect Taiwan - But Send Assets to AUSTRALIA Instead

<aynuM.84299$Vfvc.44686@fx09.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30150&group=alt.politics#30150

Subject: Re: UK/US Claim Action To Protect Taiwan - But Send Assets to
AUSTRALIA Instead
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.australia,alt.politics.uk,alt.survival
From: ...@. (😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 00:09:38 -0400
 by: 😎 Mighty Wannabe - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 04:09 UTC

On 7/20/2023 10:23 PM, 36J.956 wrote:
> https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/07/18/china-taiwan-nuclear-submarines-us-royal-navy-defence-aukus/
>

> As China menaces Taiwan, the Royal and US navies rightly stand by
> Australia
>
> America is moving to cut its own red tape and get this thing done
>
> . . .
>
>   Ummmmmmmmmm ... it's not Australia being threatened by
>   imminent totalitarian invasion - it's TAIWAN. So why
>   aren't these navies standing by TAIWAN instead of a
>   country a thousand miles away ???
>
>   Something here doesn't quite pass the smell test.
>
>   Wanna protect Taiwan ? Then put a couple dozen big-firepower
>   ships close all around the island. Make China come through
>   them in order to attack Taiwan. THAT'S a defense. THAT'S
>   a deterrent.

You are a fucking retard. Only in WWI warring armadas try to sink the
other side's warships with naval cannons. In Falkland War there was the
French Exocet anti-ship missile. No need for any of those in next war.
China can easily hit Guam and the South China Sea with long range
missiles firing from mainland China without getting its toes wet.