Subject: Re: Tesla Owners Speak Out
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,soc.culture.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
From: 23k...@bfxw9.net (23k.302)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 21:05:33 -0400
 by: 23k.302 - Tue, 1 Aug 2023 01:05 UTC

On 7/31/23 4:06 PM, Charlie Glock wrote:
> On 2023-07-31, Klaus Schadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreude.löschen> wrote:
>> [Default] Mitchell Holman <noemail@verizon.net> typed:
>>
>>> Paul Ragna <tpragna1900O@gmail.com> wrote in

>>> 2022 top 10 best-selling electric vehicles in the US
>>> Jan 9 2023
>>>
>>> No. 10: Ford F-150 Lightning/Rivian R1T
>>>
>>> No. 9: Volkswagen ID.4
>>>
>>> No. 8: Kia EV6
>>>
>>> No. 7: Hyundai IONIQ 5
>>>
>>> No. 6: Tesla Model X
>>>
>>> No. 5: Chevy Bolt EV/EUV
>>>
>>> No. 4: Tesla Model S
>>>
>>> No. 3: Ford Mustang Mach-E
>>>
>>> No. 2: Tesla Model 3
>>>
>>> No. 1: Tesla Model Y
>>>
>>> https://electrek.co/2023/01/09/the-top-10-best-selling-electric-vehicles-
>>> in-the-us-of-2022/
>>
>> Subtract one Tesla owner from the list and add one to VW.
>>
>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11481839/Alyssa-Milano-traded-Tesla-electric-VW-protest-against-Elon-Musk-buying-Twitter.html
>>
>> Actress Alyssa Milano takes to TWITTER to reveal she's traded her
>> Tesla for an electric VW to protest Elon Musk's purchase of social
>> media firm
>>
>> Milano used Twitter itself to publicize her distaste for the social
>> media platform
>> She exchanged it for a VW - many pointed out the auto company's link
>> to Nazism
>>
>> 'I'm not sure how advertisers can buy space on Twitter. Publicly
>> traded company's products being pushed in alignment with hate and
>> white supremacy doesn't seem to be a winning business model,' added
>> the addle-brained leftist actress, as she sped off in her VW, a brand
>> admired by and helped by Adolph Hitler.
>
> She will be sorry.
> I would never buy a car from VW because they are reliability nightmares.

Agreed ... they rank WAY down there, indeed 'rank'.
The "New Beetle" led the way. However Milano has lots
of bucks, so she can throw one away and get a new one
every time the tires wear out.

Hmmm ... looking at the reliability rankings, little Kia
has really risen in the charts. One place they were #3
behind Honda and Toyota now. Must have fixed that oil
circ problem. Alas they quit offering the manual
(millenial-proof) tranny !

Now as for Tesla - in many ways they're a cheap-ass car.
Their assembly is iffy, lots of corners cut (and other
things cut accidentally) ... they sell not because
they're "good", but for eco-snobbery reasons mostly.
A Ford/GMC- made EV is probably mechanically "better"
by a good margin. The ONLY perk to EVs is that they are
mechanically SIMPLER by a large margin - only a few parts
in the drive-train. Count how many parts in a conventional
V-8 and transmission ....