Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,soc.culture,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.republicans,alt.politics
From: 23k...@bfxw9.net (23k.304)
Subject: Study - At Least Half of TikTok Vids "Ageist"
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 22:01:54 -0400
 by: 23k.304 - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 02:01 UTC

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-12365387/Half-TikTok-videos-baby-boomers-ageist-stereotypes-Gen-Z-millennials-think-older-peoples-views-dont-align-theirs-study-finds.html

Half of all TikTok videos about baby boomers are 'ageist
stereotypes' because Gen Z and millennials think older
people's views don't align with theirs, study finds

Study found 49.3% of videos posted on TikTok are against
against 'boomers'

.. . .

Hey, fellow boomers ... remember "Don't trust anyone
over 30 ?". "Hope I die before I get old" ? :-)

As a rule, the young - being young - don't understand
why things are like they are, why people come to think
like they think. They grew up in a world not of their
own making. Typically they're just SURE that THEY have
the right take on things.

This is nothing new.

People as a group don't seem to LEARN much from the
previous generations - no, I'm not talking about
the sci/tech stuff, but the "social sensibility"
kinds of stuff. It's why we have endless recessions
and depressions and oppressions for almost the exact
same reasons. Each gen thinks only IT has all the
smarts and will NEVER fall for the same Stupid Stuff
that plagued the "ancient", "stupid", generations.

Now there are number of good reasons to worry about
TikTok because it's a Chinese propaganda conduit, but
the "ageism" and arrogance weren't invented by China,
merely exploited.