From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking
Subject: Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee: Drive In
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2024 15:09:03 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 20:09 UTC

What's with all these "on location" eps they've been making lately? And
why the hell did she drag all that equipment ( but no fridge) to the
parking lot of a DRIVE IN RESTAURANT? I can only guess she was barred
from entering the
kitchen where the real cooking was happening.

"Sweet potato chili fries" made without sweet potatoes. Thank GAWD.
SLop took a bag of Oreida fries and redundantly seasoned them, then put
them on the grill, one fry at a time instead of just dumping them and
spreading them out.

SLop claimed that Rudy's was selling walnut burgers twenty years ago
when she was in college spending al her time there and when she invented
AVOCADO hamburgers. Yeah, right.

SLop made a walnut burger (did it contain walnuts? I don't recall seieng
her dump them into th blender) patty looked more like a lump that was
about to fall apart and started to place it on the grill when we
suddenly cut to a shot of MV's hands gingerly placing a perfectly-formed
patty on the grill, followed by a quick return to SLop. Heh.

SLop tried to make mini-corn dogs out of cocktail sausages.Alas, no hand
jobs this time. I was very disappointed when SLop nibbled on that corn
dog in lieu of deep-throating it. Very disappointed.

Did you know C�lleen had never had avocado on a hamburger before she met
Sandy? Now you know. Again.

Dad joined me at this point after seeing the classic cars in the lot
behind SLop. SLop blathered about how some people like thir sauce hot
and some like it sweet, so by combining the two, everyone would be
happy. Huh? As SLop mulched the bottled pickeled peppers, Dad commented
on how he expected to see some fingers in those mulched peppers. Heh.
BTW, I think you can buy that relish at the store under the name
"Chow-Chow".

SLop boiled down some root beer and added some sugar. Really?

As darkness approached (did it take her that long to film this ep?),
SLop babbled something about how she lurves how it looks like a city of
lights when they turn them on. Thankfully, she did not mention France.

We laughed out loud about SLop giving out mini squeeze-bottles of
ketchup because everyone argues over ketchup. SLop gushed about these
cool snap apart place settings she found online somewhere [1], but holy
crap, they cost $12 for a set of four! How the hell is that going to
save one money?

[1]: http://www.thisnext.com/item/1CAAB6FA/Snap-A-Party-plastic-ware-by

--
WARNING!!!
Use of these recipes may be hazardous to your health, food budget,