From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: strange WILD
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 09:48:55 -0000
 by: slider - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 09:48 UTC

### - was doin' some necessary paperwork early this morning, nada
particularly important, and closed my eyes for a few moments only to
immediately find myself in a full technicolour WILD with this tune loudly
playing in the background as i walked along completely deserted streets in
some unknown city...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1V8YRJnr4Q

positive/negative vibe i couldn't tell, so looked up the lyrics afterwards
and gots this:

Someone told me long ago
There's a calm before the storm
I know, it's been comin' for some time
When it's over, so they say
It'll rain a sunny day
I know, shinin' down like water

I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain?
I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain?
Comin' down on a sunny day

Yesterday, and days before
Sun is cold and rain is hard
I know, been that way for all my time
'Til forever, on it goes
Through the circle, fast and slow
I know, it can't stop, I wonder

I want to know, have you ever seen the rain?
I want to know, have you ever seen the rain?
Comin' down on a sunny day

Yeah!

I want to know, have you ever seen the rain?
I want to know, have you ever seen the rain?
Comin' down on a sunny day

(still dunno what it means tho' heh)

Re: strange WILD

<ba6bnh1ko776kff75c9oh3usvmno4bo1g5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3053&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3053

From: liberti...@south.south.com (o'Mahoney)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Re: strange WILD
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 10:16:12 +0800
 by: o'Mahoney - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 02:16 UTC

On Mon, 14 Nov 2022 09:48:55 -0000, slider <slider@anashram.com>
wrote:

>### - was doin' some necessary paperwork early this morning, nada
>particularly important, and closed my eyes for a few moments only to
>immediately find myself in a full technicolour WILD with this tune loudly
>playing in the background as i walked along completely deserted streets in
>some unknown city...
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1V8YRJnr4Q
>
>positive/negative vibe i couldn't tell, so looked up the lyrics afterwards
>and gots this:
>
>Someone told me long ago
>There's a calm before the storm
>I know, it's been comin' for some time
>When it's over, so they say
>It'll rain a sunny day
>I know, shinin' down like water
>
>I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain?
>I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain?
>Comin' down on a sunny day
>
>Yesterday, and days before
>Sun is cold and rain is hard
>I know, been that way for all my time
>'Til forever, on it goes
>Through the circle, fast and slow
>I know, it can't stop, I wonder
>
>I want to know, have you ever seen the rain?
>I want to know, have you ever seen the rain?
>Comin' down on a sunny day
>
>Yeah!
>
>I want to know, have you ever seen the rain?
>I want to know, have you ever seen the rain?
>Comin' down on a sunny day
>
>(still dunno what it means tho' heh)

Late onset schizophrenia...
You need to find a woman mate.
Or possibly in your case, a bloke lol

Re: strange WILD

<op.1vsgukcw7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3055&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3055

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 17:43:22 -0000
 by: slider - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 17:43 UTC

On Thu, 17 Nov 2022 02:16:12 -0000, o'Mahoney <libertidad@south.south.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Nov 2022 09:48:55 -0000, slider <slider@anashram.com>
> wrote:
>
>> ### - was doin' some necessary paperwork early this morning, nada
>> particularly important, and closed my eyes for a few moments only to
>> immediately find myself in a full technicolour WILD with this tune
>> loudly
>> playing in the background as i walked along completely deserted streets
>> in
>> some unknown city...
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1V8YRJnr4Q
>>
>> positive/negative vibe i couldn't tell, so looked up the lyrics
>> afterwards
>> and gots this:
>>
>> Someone told me long ago
>> There's a calm before the storm
>> I know, it's been comin' for some time
>> When it's over, so they say
>> It'll rain a sunny day
>> I know, shinin' down like water
>>
>> I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain?
>> I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain?
>> Comin' down on a sunny day
>>
>> Yesterday, and days before
>> Sun is cold and rain is hard
>> I know, been that way for all my time
>> 'Til forever, on it goes
>> Through the circle, fast and slow
>> I know, it can't stop, I wonder
>>
>> I want to know, have you ever seen the rain?
>> I want to know, have you ever seen the rain?
>> Comin' down on a sunny day
>>
>> Yeah!
>>
>> I want to know, have you ever seen the rain?
>> I want to know, have you ever seen the rain?
>> Comin' down on a sunny day
>>
>> (still dunno what it means tho' heh)
>
> Late onset schizophrenia...
> You need to find a woman mate.
> Or possibly in your case, a bloke lol

### - haha funny :)))

you do, however, inadvertently intuit a grand truth re schizophrenia and
it's connection to the above waking-dream state (WILD)

i.e., some time back have posited the possible cause of schizophrenia, and
all hallucinations come to that: the involuntary intrusion of a
waking-dream state superimposed upon ordinary waking awareness, similar to
the night terrors some kids experience as described in a post a couple of
days ago re him describing his initial experiences with WILDing in which
he mentions having these night terrors as a child (a huge clue as to
exactly what 'all' hallucinations actually are + why they occur)

iow: 'all' dreams are in fact: hallucinations... the fact that we don't
usually realise we're dreaming being what normally stops people from
freaking out while they're occurring, bad dreams/nightmares being the
exception, although again the person concerned doesn't usually realise
they're dreaming and this protects them from the full brunt of it...
schizophrenics, otoh, occasionally experience a dream state while they're
still awake - they 'hallucinate' - their 'fears' turning the whole affair
into an incredibly frightening affair that eventually aberrates/destroys
their minds in exactly the same manner that guy describes his inability to
tell reality from dream as a kid and his resulting night terrors... that
if the child *doesn't* learn to suppress them (as most kids eventually do)
then they become classed as being 'schizophrenic', the late onset of which
is perforce even more terrifying/mind-destroying until the person can't
really function anymore...

WILDing, otoh, is the 'quite deliberate' invocation, and entry into, a
waking dream state... the 'difference' being that the person concerned
fully realises exactly what they're doing & why and thus learns to take it
all in their stride by dint of being able to keep the 2 experiences
separate (in their mind) instead of becoming scared silly/terrified by the
experience... something never taught to the so-called schizophrenic or
child suffering from night terrors...

note: that if schizophrenics (so-called) were for example taught, in the
very early stages of its onset, to WILD (iow: to control it) then they
would prolly go onto becoming WILDers with an incredible natural talent to
explore the waking dream state at will: WILDers par-excellence! (or
natural sorcerers depending on one's pov heh)

Re: strange WILD

<63ea0673-24e6-4ea6-a575-c60338c17e9cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3056&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3056

Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 15:12:02 -0800 (PST)
From: allready...@gmail.com (chris rodgers)
 by: chris rodgers - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 23:12 UTC

On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 9:43:34 AM UTC-8, slider wrote:
> [...]
> really function anymore...
>
> WILDing, otoh, is the 'quite deliberate' invocation, and entry into, a
> waking dream state... the 'difference' being that the person concerned
> fully realises exactly what they're doing & why and thus learns to take it
> all in their stride by dint of being able to keep the 2 experiences
> separate (in their mind) instead of becoming scared silly/terrified by the
> experience... something never taught to the so-called schizophrenic or
> child suffering from night terrors...
>
> note: that if schizophrenics (so-called) were for example taught, in the
> very early stages of its onset, to WILD (iow: to control it) then they
> would prolly go onto becoming WILDers with an incredible natural talent to
> explore the waking dream state at will: WILDers par-excellence! (or
> natural sorcerers depending on one's pov heh)
gettin' them to stick their ap in one spot is the trick.
good luck with that. these guys jump around like monkeys.

Re: strange WILD

<op.1vtfbdcn7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3057&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3057

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 06:07:51 -0000
 by: slider - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 06:07 UTC

>> note: that if schizophrenics (so-called) were for example taught, in the
>> very early stages of its onset, to WILD (iow: to control it) then they
>> would prolly go onto becoming WILDers with an incredible natural talent
>> explore the waking dream state at will: WILDers par-excellence! (or
>> natural sorcerers depending on one's pov heh)

> gettin' them to stick their ap in one spot is the trick.
> good luck with that. these guys jump around like monkeys.

### - most of the children suffering from so-called night terrors
eventually learn to suppress/control it, so why not any adults with late
onset schizophrenia too?

this would, of course, have to be accomplished 'before' fear/terror
destroys/aberrates their mind...

better still, they could actually learn to employ/take advantage of it
becoming super-WILDers (people with an uncanny natural ability to WILD) if
only someone would show/teach them how to do it instead of just drugging
them up to the eyeballs to make it all go away...

i.e., WILDing only becomes vitiated for real when someone learns to
recognise what's happening and then 'chooses' to exercise it, accordingly
if ALL children were taught to WILD from an early age the problem of
schizophrenia prolly wouldn't even arise (could be!)

interests / alt.dreams.castaneda / strange WILD