Fortune finishes the great quotations, #3 Birds of a feather flock to a newly washed car.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24

SubjectAuthor
* Dinner Tonight 3/14/24jmcquown
+- Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24GM
+- Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24Dave Smith
+- Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24Cindy Hamilton
+- Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24ItsJoanNotJoAnn
+- Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24cshenk
+* Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24Leonard Blaisdell
|+- Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24jmcquown
|`- Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24GM
`- Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24songbird

1
Dinner Tonight 3/14/24

<usvqvl$1pk92$10@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=305338&group=rec.food.cooking#305338

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 17:42:10 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:42 UTC

Fried chicken. While at Publix Supermarket today I picked up a box of
their freshly fried chicken. I'll have a drumstick and a thigh and save
the rest for over the weekend. No mashed potatoes with gravy, no
biscuit, no green beans or corn on the cob as sides, although I did
think briefly about making mac & cheese. But no, I don't have much of
an appetite. A couple of pieces of fried chicken will suffice for dinner.

Got anything planned for your meal tonight?

Jill

Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24

<ac5795268f304ac475d0d798af7784fa@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=305340&group=rec.food.cooking#305340

From: gregorym...@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:53:37 +0000
 by: GM - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:53 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> Fried chicken. While at Publix Supermarket today I picked up a box of
> their freshly fried chicken. I'll have a drumstick and a thigh and save
> the rest for over the weekend. No mashed potatoes with gravy, no
> biscuit, no green beans or corn on the cob as sides, although I did
> think briefly about making mac & cheese. But no, I don't have much of
> an appetite. A couple of pieces of fried chicken will suffice for dinner.

My, oh my, our Dataw Princess "done gone ghetto" in her culinary choices, lol...

--
GM

Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24

<xnKIN.574789$xHn7.498879@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=305341&group=rec.food.cooking#305341

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 17:55:40 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:55 UTC

On 2024-03-14 5:42 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> Fried chicken.  While at Publix Supermarket today I picked up a box of
> their freshly fried chicken.  I'll have a drumstick and a thigh and save
> the rest for over the weekend.  No mashed potatoes with gravy, no
> biscuit, no green beans or corn on the cob as sides, although I did
> think briefly about making mac & cheese.  But no, I don't have much of
> an appetite.  A couple of pieces of fried chicken will suffice for dinner.
>
> Got anything planned for your meal tonight?

Meatloaf, steamed green beans and home fries.

Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24

<65f3729a$0$6412$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=305342&group=rec.food.cooking#305342

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: 14 Mar 2024 21:56:42 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:56 UTC

On 2024-03-14, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
> Fried chicken. While at Publix Supermarket today I picked up a box of
> their freshly fried chicken. I'll have a drumstick and a thigh and save
> the rest for over the weekend. No mashed potatoes with gravy, no
> biscuit, no green beans or corn on the cob as sides, although I did
> think briefly about making mac & cheese. But no, I don't have much of
> an appetite. A couple of pieces of fried chicken will suffice for dinner.
>
> Got anything planned for your meal tonight?

We sent out for pizza for lunch (pepperoni and sausage). Dinner will
be a salad with grilled chicken on it.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24

<7edea5f9b86e0bdbae0c285edc1db96b@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=305357&group=rec.food.cooking#305357

Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 00:47:57 +0000
From: ItsJoanN...@webtv.net (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
 by: ItsJoanNotJoAnn - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 00:47 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> Fried chicken. While at Publix Supermarket today I picked up a box of
> their freshly fried chicken. I'll have a drumstick and a thigh and save
> the rest for over the weekend. No mashed potatoes with gravy, no
> biscuit, no green beans or corn on the cob as sides, although I did
> think briefly about making mac & cheese. But no, I don't have much of
> an appetite. A couple of pieces of fried chicken will suffice for dinner.

> Got anything planned for your meal tonight?

> Jill

It was a Newman's Own sausage and pepperoni pizza here.

Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24

<vKOdncCfPZWlPWn4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=305410&group=rec.food.cooking#305410

From: csh...@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 19:23:36 +0000
 by: cshenk - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 19:23 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> Fried chicken. While at Publix Supermarket today I picked up a box
> of their freshly fried chicken. I'll have a drumstick and a thigh
> and save the rest for over the weekend. No mashed potatoes with
> gravy, no biscuit, no green beans or corn on the cob as sides,
> although I did think briefly about making mac & cheese. But no, I
> don't have much of an appetite. A couple of pieces of fried chicken
> will suffice for dinner.
>
> Got anything planned for your meal tonight?
>
> Jill

I'm finishing up the last piece of chicken we got from the store.

Put in air fryer for 2-3 minutes, I'll have steamed mustard greens
with it and some leftover spanish rice (Will use the microwave). Don;s
having some of the navy beans and I'll get some mustard greens into him
by bribing him with a banna bread (g)

Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24

<l5jnduFi1vhU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=305420&group=rec.food.cooking#305420

From: leoblais...@sbcglobal.net (Leonard Blaisdell)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: 15 Mar 2024 19:55:42 GMT
 by: Leonard Blaisdell - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 19:55 UTC

On 2024-03-14, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
> Fried chicken. While at Publix Supermarket today I picked up a box of
> their freshly fried chicken. I'll have a drumstick and a thigh and save
> the rest for over the weekend. No mashed potatoes with gravy, no
> biscuit, no green beans or corn on the cob as sides, although I did
> think briefly about making mac & cheese. But no, I don't have much of
> an appetite. A couple of pieces of fried chicken will suffice for dinner.
>
> Got anything planned for your meal tonight?

I'm a day late, but last night was blackened salmon, asparagus and good
old Rice-A-Roni. My wife loves salmon. I think it's OK.

<https://postimg.cc/47spXcDt>

leo

Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24

<ut29mk$2ejat$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=305426&group=rec.food.cooking#305426

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 16:05:37 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 20:05 UTC

On 3/15/2024 3:55 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> On 2024-03-14, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Fried chicken. While at Publix Supermarket today I picked up a box of
>> their freshly fried chicken. I'll have a drumstick and a thigh and save
>> the rest for over the weekend. No mashed potatoes with gravy, no
>> biscuit, no green beans or corn on the cob as sides, although I did
>> think briefly about making mac & cheese. But no, I don't have much of
>> an appetite. A couple of pieces of fried chicken will suffice for dinner.
>>
>> Got anything planned for your meal tonight?
>

> I'm a day late, but last night was blackened salmon, asparagus and good
> old Rice-A-Roni. My wife loves salmon. I think it's OK.
>
> <https://postimg.cc/47spXcDt>
>
> leo

Salmon is okay. Unless I'm making salmon patties (from canned salmon) I
have a preference for various types of white fish. I haven't bought
Rice-a-Roni in ages! I should pick up a box sometime. :)

Jill

Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24

<8e91686f0aebdf2343f273c87d4d1328@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=305432&group=rec.food.cooking#305432

From: gregorym...@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 20:31:17 +0000
 by: GM - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 20:31 UTC

Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> I'm a day late, but last night was blackened salmon, asparagus and good
> old Rice-A-Roni. My wife loves salmon. I think it's OK.

> <https://postimg.cc/47spXcDt>

OH, a lovely Spring meal - all that is missing in that bosky tableau is an Easter Bunny...!!!

--
GM

Re: Dinner Tonight 3/14/24

<g2ihck-k9a.ln1@anthive.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=305699&group=rec.food.cooking#305699

From: songb...@anthive.com (songbird)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 18:12:00 -0400
 by: songbird - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 22:12 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

KFC was Dad's favorite chicken from places out.
i can eat it, but i'd much rather have it off the
grill (with, you guessed it, BBQ sauce).

> Got anything planned for your meal tonight?

today for lunch it was stuffed potatoes (bacon,
cheese and topped with sour cream).

probably just graze something, we have a few
things yet to finish up eating. some spinach dip
and crackers.

songbird