Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.eu,alt.politics.elections,alt.military
From: 23k...@bfxw9.net (23k.304)
Subject: China Puts Out 8-Part Docu-Prop On How It Will Attack Taiwan
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2023 19:49:45 -0400
 by: 23k.304 - Sun, 6 Aug 2023 23:49 UTC

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/08/06/china-taiwan-documentary-series-chasing-dreams-military/

China has released an eight-part documentary about its
military’s readiness to attack Taiwan which showcases
soldiers pledging to die invading the island if required.

The first instalment of “Chasing Dreams” was aired by
state broadcaster CCTV on Tuesday to mark the 96th anniversary
of the People’s Liberation Army, China’s military.

It features footage of military drills, particularly around
Taiwan, and dramatic testimonials from dozens of soldiers.

Some said they would be willing to lay down their lives for
the cause of capturing the island.

“My fighter jet would be my last missile, rushing towards
the enemy if in a real battle I had used up all my ammunition,”
said a man identified as Li Peng, a pilot from Wang Hai Squadron
under the military’s Eastern Theatre Command, which is responsible
for carrying out operations in the Taiwan Strait.

.. . .

That last paragraph ... wow ... seems like they've copied
the Imperial Japanese playbook on turning soldiers into
total fanatics.