Laugh when you can; cry when you must.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & Cabbage

SubjectAuthor
* Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & Cabbagejmcquown
+- Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageGM
+* Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageItsJoanNotJoAnn
|+* Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageBruce
||+- Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & Cabbagesongbird
||`- Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageItsJoanNotJoAnn
|+* Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & Cabbagesongbird
||+* Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & Cabbagejmcquown
|||`* Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageBruce
||| `* Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageCindy Hamilton
|||  `* Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageBruce
|||   `* Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageCindy Hamilton
|||    +* Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageBruce
|||    |`* Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageJanet
|||    | `* Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageBruce
|||    |  `- Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageCindy Hamilton
|||    +* Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageSnag
|||    |`- Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageBruce
|||    `- Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & Cabbagesongbird
||+- Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageItsJoanNotJoAnn
||`* Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & Cabbagecshenk
|| +* Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & Cabbagesongbird
|| |+- Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageCindy Hamilton
|| |`- Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & Cabbagecshenk
|| `- Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & Cabbagecshenk
|`- Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & Cabbagejmcquown
`* Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageSnag
 +- Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageBruce
 `* Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & Cabbagejmcquown
  `- Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & CabbageSnag

Pages:12
Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & Cabbage

<cbolck-034.ln1@anthive.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=305892&group=rec.food.cooking#305892

From: songb...@anthive.com (songbird)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & Cabbage
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 08:23:40 -0400
 by: songbird - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 12:23 UTC

cshenk wrote:
> songbird wrote:
>> ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
>> > One of my neighbors brought me a plate of some tough ribs, they went
>> > into the trash as ribs is my least favorite part of pork. The plate
>> > included mashed potatoes and broccoli with cheese sauce.
>>
>> i'd have made soup out of them.
>
> I've done that. Specifically with beef ribs. Dom makes the ribs an
> ecvells at pork ribs but kkeps aiming for beeg ones. They are 'good;
> wheb hot from the oven but over done come lrftovers. I make soup of
> the leftovers next day or two.

yes, i consider it nearly a mortal sin to waste
food, let alone food that some animal died to provide.
putting them in a pot with some other veggies and spices
to simmer for a while would at least get some value from
them.

songbird

Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & Cabbage

<c7olck-034.ln1@anthive.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=305893&group=rec.food.cooking#305893

From: songb...@anthive.com (songbird)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 08:21:32 -0400
 by: songbird - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 12:21 UTC

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2024-03-17, Bruce <Bruce@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> On 17 Mar 2024 20:04:05 GMT, Cindy Hamilton <hamilton@invalid.com>
>> wrote:
>>>Although by that criterion, almost any soup would be "water soup". ;)
>>
>> If you made a soup from a human hand and a kilo of mushrooms, would
>> you serve it as mushroom soup? :)
>
> Really? That's your strawman argument? Cannibalism?

he's reaching for it...

songbird (the best pun of the day

Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & Cabbage

<65f83c17$0$2187650$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=305901&group=rec.food.cooking#305901

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: 18 Mar 2024 13:05:27 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 13:05 UTC

On 2024-03-18, songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:
> cshenk wrote:
>> songbird wrote:
>>>
>>> i'd have made soup out of them.
>>
>> I've done that. Specifically with beef ribs. Dom makes the ribs an
>> ecvells at pork ribs but kkeps aiming for beeg ones. They are 'good;
>> wheb hot from the oven but over done come lrftovers. I make soup of
>> the leftovers next day or two.
>
> yes, i consider it nearly a mortal sin to waste
> food,

Sin is treating people as things.

> let alone food that some animal died to provide.

They're already dead. It doesn't matter. Now, if you were
going to kill a pig just so you could throw away the meat,
that might be a different thing altogether.

> putting them in a pot with some other veggies and spices
> to simmer for a while would at least get some value from
> them.

I might not consider that value. Then the other veggies and
spices would be wasted as well.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & Cabbage

<diydnbdnPPMNF2X4nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=305920&group=rec.food.cooking#305920

From: csh...@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 18:40:16 +0000
 by: cshenk - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 18:40 UTC

cshenk wrote:

> songbird wrote:
>
> > ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
> > > One of my neighbors brought me a plate of some tough ribs, they
> > > went into the trash as ribs is my least favorite part of pork.
> > > The plate included mashed potatoes and broccoli with cheese sauce.
> >
> > i'd have made soup out of them.
> >

> > songbird
>
> I've done that. Specifically with beef ribs. Dom makes the ribs an
> ecvells at pork ribs but kkeps aiming for beeg ones. They are 'good;
> wheb hot from the oven but over done come lrftovers. I make soup of
> the leftovers next day or two.

WOW! That came out messed up!

I've done that. Specifically with beef ribs. Don makes the ribs and
excells at pork ribs but keeps aiming at beef ones. They are good when
hot from the oven but overdone for leftovers. I make soup of the
leftovers next day or two.

Re: Dinner Tonight: Corned Beef & Cabbage

<F2GdnWnGfrgLEGX4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=305922&group=rec.food.cooking#305922

From: csh...@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 18:53:10 +0000
 by: cshenk - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 18:53 UTC

songbird wrote:

> cshenk wrote:
> > songbird wrote:
> went >> > into the trash as ribs is my least favorite part of pork.
> The plate >> > included mashed potatoes and broccoli with cheese
> sauce. >>
> >> i'd have made soup out of them.
> >
> > I've done that. Specifically with beef ribs. Dom makes the ribs an
> > ecvells at pork ribs but kkeps aiming for beeg ones. They are
> > 'good; wheb hot from the oven but over done come lrftovers. I make
> > soup of the leftovers next day or two.

(I'm not sure what I did to above but just sent a translation. Mea
culpa!)

> yes, i consider it nearly a mortal sin to waste
> food, let alone food that some animal died to provide.
> putting them in a pot with some other veggies and spices
> to simmer for a while would at least get some value from
> them.

I do waste some food but try to minimize it. I haven't done it in a
long time because I refuse to get them now now unless he agrees that I
will cook them. He hasn't yet so I won't waste money to get them.

On the beef rib soup, I use my own home made vegetable broth with added
vegetables and lots of mushrooms. I normally would get 6 ribs of
overdone beef so the soup is for 4 servings here. By the time the soup
is ready, the meat comes off easily and is cut up then returned to the
soup.