Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 22:54:31 +0000
Subject: Today's Lunch, 3/19/2024
From: ItsJoanN...@webtv.net (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
 by: ItsJoanNotJoAnn - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 22:54 UTC

I had an errand or two to run today and an exchange at a store.
While out, I thought I'd give Whataburger another shot. First
sampling was a few months ago and I was not impressed. I had
the exact same meal as before and I just don't get the raving
for this burger. Tasteless, simply tasteless and I made sure
to add more than sufficient amounts of salt and pepper. Super
bland, but the fries were fresh out of the fryer and were great,
really, really good. If I ever frequent this establishment
again, it will something like their chicken fingers or boneless
wings and not their tasteless burgers.

I still can't persuade myself to try Five Guys at $20+ for a
burger, fries, and drink.

Re: Today's Lunch, 3/19/2024

<utd628$135g3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306030&group=rec.food.cooking#306030

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Today's Lunch, 3/19/2024
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 19:11:00 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 23:11 UTC

On 3/19/2024 6:54 PM, ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
> I had an errand or two to run today and an exchange at a store.
> While out, I thought I'd give Whataburger another shot.  First
> sampling was a few months ago and I was not impressed.  I had
> the exact same meal as before and I just don't get the raving
> for this burger.  Tasteless, simply tasteless and I made sure
> to add more than sufficient amounts of salt and pepper.  Super
> bland, but the fries were fresh out of the fryer and were great, really,
> really good.  If I ever frequent this establishment
> again, it will something like their chicken fingers or boneless
> wings and not their tasteless burgers.

I would never give a tasteless burger at a place like that more than one
try. Then again I don't know a thing about Whataburger.

> I still can't persuade myself to try Five Guys at $20+ for a
> burger, fries, and drink.

Someone in the building where I work was talking about Five Guys last
week. There's one in Beaufort. They stopped there for lunch recently
after a home inspection job and oh yeah, it cost $20+ dollars for a
burger and fries and a drink EACH. IOW, $40 for the two of them. They
were NOT impressed by the burger or the price. They did get a lot of
fries, which were good, but that seems to be the filler in the overly
priced burger order.

Jill

Re: Today's Lunch, 3/19/2024

<8c3fd4b92b7e5d6116738fb4353dbd87@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306044&group=rec.food.cooking#306044

Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 02:50:49 +0000
From: ItsJoanN...@webtv.net (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
 by: ItsJoanNotJoAnn - Wed, 20 Mar 2024 02:50 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> On 3/19/2024 6:54 PM, ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
>>
>> I still can't persuade myself to try Five Guys at $20+ for a
>> burger, fries, and drink.

> Someone in the building where I work was talking about Five Guys last
> week. There's one in Beaufort. They stopped there for lunch recently
> after a home inspection job and oh yeah, it cost $20+ dollars for a
> burger and fries and a drink EACH. IOW, $40 for the two of them. They
> were NOT impressed by the burger or the price. They did get a lot of
> fries, which were good, but that seems to be the filler in the overly
> priced burger order.

> Jill

Supposedly their fries are fantastic, but not THAT fantastic with their
price tag.

Re: Today's Lunch, 3/19/2024

<utdlvj$19sp3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306046&group=rec.food.cooking#306046

From: Han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 22:42:35 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Wed, 20 Mar 2024 03:42 UTC

ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> On 3/19/2024 6:54 PM, ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
>>>
>>> I still can't persuade myself to try Five Guys at $20+ for a
>>> burger, fries, and drink.
>
>> Someone in the building where I work was talking about Five Guys last
>> week.  There's one in Beaufort.  They stopped there for lunch recently
>> after a home inspection job and oh yeah, it cost $20+ dollars for a
>> burger and fries and a drink EACH.  IOW, $40 for the two of them.  They
>> were NOT impressed by the burger or the price.  They did get a lot of
>> fries, which were good, but that seems to be the filler in the overly
>> priced burger order.
>
>> Jill
>>
> Supposedly their fries are fantastic, but not THAT fantastic with their
> price tag.

I ate there once, about 15 years ago. It was OK, other than the price and
the fact that everything was SUPER greasy. Damn near dripping with grease,
but that's just a single data point.

Don't plan on going back again.

Re: Today's Lunch, 3/19/2024

<utdne5$1a503$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306047&group=rec.food.cooking#306047

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 15:07:31 +1100
 by: Bruce - Wed, 20 Mar 2024 04:07 UTC

On Tue, 19 Mar 2024 22:42:35 -0500, Hank Rogers <Hank@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
>>>
>> Supposedly their fries are fantastic, but not THAT fantastic with their
>> price tag.
>
>I ate there once, about 15 years ago. It was OK, other than the price and
>the fact that everything was SUPER greasy. Damn near dripping with grease,
>but that's just a single data point.
>
>Don't plan on going back again.

Hank, this is an amazing moment! You're saying something you haven't
already said 10,000 times before! Are you feeling ok?

Re: Today's Lunch, 3/19/2024

<utfkgj$1n7o9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306090&group=rec.food.cooking#306090

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 17:29:51 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Wed, 20 Mar 2024 21:29 UTC

On 3/19/2024 10:50 PM, ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> On 3/19/2024 6:54 PM, ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
>>>
>>> I still can't persuade myself to try Five Guys at $20+ for a
>>> burger, fries, and drink.
>
>> Someone in the building where I work was talking about Five Guys last
>> week.  There's one in Beaufort.  They stopped there for lunch recently
>> after a home inspection job and oh yeah, it cost $20+ dollars for a
>> burger and fries and a drink EACH.  IOW, $40 for the two of them.
>> They were NOT impressed by the burger or the price.  They did get a
>> lot of fries, which were good, but that seems to be the filler in the
>> overly priced burger order.
>
>> Jill
>>
> Supposedly their fries are fantastic, but not THAT fantastic with their
> price tag.

That was their consensus. They said next time they'll stop at Burger
King where the two of them can get the same meal for about $12.

Jill