From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Why The Right Wing Dogs Are Silent
Date: 8 Aug 2023 11:37:22 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 11:37 UTC

| Trump Is Acting Like He's Cornered
| But what neither he nor his allies have done is offer a
| coherent account of his actions--one that would suggest
| that he didn't conspire to overthrow the duly elected
| government. This is likely for the simple reason that he
| conspired to overthrow the duly elected government.
<https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/08/donald-trumps-unhinged-attacks-smith-and-chutkan/674945/>

--bks

Re: Why The Right Wing Dogs Are Silent

<u2g4di5q2nricjh3jp21tb7bdh389455qv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30613&group=alt.politics#30613

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Re: Why The Right Wing Dogs Are Silent
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2023 09:22:20 -0400
 by: Governor Swill - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 13:22 UTC

On 8 Aug 2023 11:37:22 -0000, bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:

> | Trump Is Acting Like He's Cornered
> | But what neither he nor his allies have done is offer a
> | coherent account of his actions--one that would suggest
> | that he didn't conspire to overthrow the duly elected
> | government. This is likely for the simple reason that he
> | conspired to overthrow the duly elected government.
><https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/08/donald-trumps-unhinged-attacks-smith-and-chutkan/674945/>
>
> --bks

"The former president has attacked Smith in terms that are strikingly personal, even for
him. He has also attacked Tanya Chutkan, the federal judge assigned to hear the case. He
delivered angry speeches in Alabama and South Carolina. He jeered the U.S. Women’s
National Team, blamed President Joe Biden for its early exit from the World Cup, and
unintelligibly ridiculed former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi"

Let's get this straight. He attacks the prosecutor, the judge and spews angrily over the
trial in public venues and then wants to complain he can't get a fair trial?

On Truth Social:
"I purposely didn’t comment on Nancy Pelosi’s very weird story concerning her husband, but
now I can because she said something about me, with glee, that was really quite vicious.
“I saw a scared puppy,” she said, as she watched me on television, like millions of
others, that didn’t see that. I wasn’t “scared.” Nevertheless, how mean a thing to say!
She is a Wicked Witch whose husbands journey from hell starts and finishes with her. She
is a sick & demented psycho who will someday live in HELL!"
<https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/110842705795010789>

He sounds like a petulant child who's just been told he isn't going to get his way. Pelosi
has nothing to do with this trial.

--
Typical modern conservative argument:

1. Never happened...fake news!
2. Ok, it happened, but not like the fake news said!
3. Ok, it happened like they said, but no crime was committed!
4. Ok, it happened and it was a crime, but not a big one!
5. Biden crime family!!!!!!!

GO RFK! https://www.kennedy24.com/?locale=en

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: Why The Right Wing Dogs Are Silent

<XnsB05ADA0745A83noemailcomcastnet@69.80.102.48>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30622&group=alt.politics#30622

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: noem...@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2023 02:31:55 +0000
 by: Mitchell Holman - Wed, 9 Aug 2023 02:31 UTC

Governor Swill <governor.swill@gmail.com> wrote in

> On 8 Aug 2023 11:37:22 -0000, bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
> wrote:
>

>> | Trump Is Acting Like He's Cornered
>> | But what neither he nor his allies have done is offer a
>> | coherent account of his actions--one that would suggest
>> | that he didn't conspire to overthrow the duly elected
>> | government. This is likely for the simple reason that he
>> | conspired to overthrow the duly elected government.
>><https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/08/donald-trumps-unhing
>>ed-attacks-smith-and-chutkan/674945/>
>>
>> --bks
>
> "The former president has attacked Smith in terms that are strikingly
> personal, even for him. He has also attacked Tanya Chutkan, the
> federal judge assigned to hear the case. He delivered angry speeches
> in Alabama and South Carolina. He jeered the U.S. Women�s National
> Team, blamed President Joe Biden for its early exit from the World
> Cup, and unintelligibly ridiculed former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi"
>
> Let's get this straight. He attacks the prosecutor, the judge and
> spews angrily over the trial in public venues and then wants to
> complain he can't get a fair trial?

Remember when he called a Hispanic
judge an illegal immigrant and then
complained he couldn't get a fair trial
because the judge would be biased against
him?

Re: Why The Right Wing Dogs Are Silent

<h4DAM.659283$GMN3.395074@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30624&group=alt.politics#30624

From: a.terrel...@dummies.con (Harlan Banks)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 19:44:29 -0700
 by: Harlan Banks - Wed, 9 Aug 2023 02:44 UTC

On 8/8/2023 7:31 PM, Mitchell Holman wrote:
> Governor Swill <governor.swill@gmail.com> wrote in

>>> <https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/08/donald-trumps-unhing
>>> ed-attacks-smith-and-chutkan/674945/>
>>>
>>> --bks
>>
>> "The former president has attacked Smith in terms that are strikingly
>> personal, even for him. He has also attacked Tanya Chutkan, the
>> federal judge assigned to hear the case. He delivered angry speeches
>> in Alabama and South Carolina. He jeered the U.S. Women’s National
>> Team, blamed President Joe Biden for its early exit from the World
>> Cup, and unintelligibly ridiculed former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi"
>>
>> Let's get this straight. He attacks the prosecutor, the judge and
>> spews angrily over the trial in public venues and then wants to
>> complain he can't get a fair trial?
>

> Remember when he called a Hispanic
> judge an illegal immigrant and then
> complained he couldn't get a fair trial
> because the judge would be biased against
> him?

Trump *never* called Gonzalo Curiel an "illegal immigrant." I'm not yet going
to call you a liar, because you may simply be unaware of the facts. If you say
something that is false, which you did, but you don't know it's false, then you
aren't a liar. But what you said is false. Trump never called the judge an
"illegal immigrant."

Re: Why The Right Wing Dogs Are Silent

<25EAM.351262$wsc3.229175@fx13.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30627&group=alt.politics#30627

From: NoO...@private.corp (John Doe)
Newsgroups: alt.politics
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2023 03:53:34 GMT
 by: John Doe - Wed, 9 Aug 2023 03:53 UTC

> On 8/8/2023 7:31 PM, Mitchell Holman wrote:
> > Governor Swill <governor.swill@gmail.com> wrote in

> > > "The former president has attacked Smith in terms that are strikingly
> > > personal, even for him. He has also attacked Tanya Chutkan, the
> > > federal judge assigned to hear the case. He delivered angry speeches
> > > in Alabama and South Carolina. He jeered the U.S. Women�s National
> > > Team, blamed President Joe Biden for its early exit from the World
> > > Cup, and unintelligibly ridiculed former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi"
> > >
> > > Let's get this straight. He attacks the prosecutor, the judge and
> > > spews angrily over the trial in public venues and then wants to
> > > complain he can't get a fair trial?
> >

> > Remember when he called a Hispanic
> > judge an illegal immigrant and then
> > complained he couldn't get a fair trial
> > because the judge would be biased against
> > him?
>
> Trump *never* called Gonzalo Curiel an "illegal immigrant." I'm not yet going
> to call you a liar, because you may simply be unaware of the facts. If you
> say
> something that is false, which you did, but you don't know it's false, then
> you
> aren't a liar. But what you said is false. Trump never called the judge an
> "illegal immigrant."

That's true that Trump did not call him an illegal immigrant.
It's also true that Trump claimed the judge would not rule fairly. That's still pretty bad, and representative of the way Trump talks about people.