Success is something I will dress for when I get there, and not until.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: A great creamy blue cheese

SubjectAuthor
* A great creamy blue cheeseDave Smith
+* Re: A great creamy blue cheeseGraham
|`* Re: A great creamy blue cheeseDave Smith
| `* Re: A great creamy blue cheesejmcquown
|  `* Re: A great creamy blue cheeseDave Smith
|   +- Re: A great creamy blue cheesejmcquown
|   `- Re: A great creamy blue cheeseMike Duffy
+* Re: A great creamy blue cheeseItsJoanNotJoAnn
|`* Re: A great creamy blue cheeseDave Smith
| `- Re: A great creamy blue cheeseItsJoanNotJoAnn
+- Re: A great creamy blue cheeseBruce
`- Re: A great creamy blue cheesecshenk

1
A great creamy blue cheese

<ho0MN.678960$xHn7.599075@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306520&group=rec.food.cooking#306520

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Subject: A great creamy blue cheese
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 16:52:29 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 20:52 UTC

My wife picked up some cheese for me this weak. Maybe she is trying to
kill me because I am not supposed to eat this sort of stuff, but I have
to say it would be a great way to go. It is blue cheese made from
pasteurized cows milk and cream. It has a texture like Brie but has no
rind. For those of you who like blue cheese this is one you have to try.

Re: A great creamy blue cheese

<66009687$0$876052$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306525&group=rec.food.cooking#306525

Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 15:09:27 -0600
Subject: Re: A great creamy blue cheese
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: g.ste...@shaw.ca (Graham)
 by: Graham - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 21:09 UTC

On 2024-03-24 2:52 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> My wife picked up some cheese for me this weak. Maybe she is trying to
> kill me because I am not supposed to eat this sort of stuff, but I have
> to say it would be a great way to go. It is blue cheese made from
> pasteurized cows milk and cream. It has a texture like Brie but has no
> rind. For those of you who like blue cheese this is one you have to try.

Please elaborate!

Re: A great creamy blue cheese

<f28c3863270899a65c091ecf2cf4e53d@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306526&group=rec.food.cooking#306526

Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 21:17:59 +0000
From: ItsJoanN...@webtv.net (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
 by: ItsJoanNotJoAnn - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 21:17 UTC

Dave Smith wrote:

> My wife picked up some cheese for me this weak. Maybe she is trying to
> kill me because I am not supposed to eat this sort of stuff, but I have
> to say it would be a great way to go. It is blue cheese made from
> pasteurized cows milk and cream. It has a texture like Brie but has no
> rind. For those of you who like blue cheese this is one you have to try.

Brand?

Re: A great creamy blue cheese

<utq5eu$jhmh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306528&group=rec.food.cooking#306528

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 08:20:27 +1100
 by: Bruce - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 21:20 UTC

On Sun, 24 Mar 2024 16:52:29 -0400, Dave Smith
<adavid.smith@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>My wife picked up some cheese for me this weak. Maybe she is trying to
>kill me because I am not supposed to eat this sort of stuff, but I have
>to say it would be a great way to go. It is blue cheese made from
>pasteurized cows milk and cream. It has a texture like Brie but has no
>rind. For those of you who like blue cheese this is one you have to try.

We're going to the supermarket later. I'll definitely get some... some
what?

Re: A great creamy blue cheese

<GR0MN.148088$hN14.45874@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306532&group=rec.food.cooking#306532

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 17:23:49 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 21:23 UTC

On 2024-03-24 5:09 p.m., Graham wrote:
> On 2024-03-24 2:52 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
>> My wife picked up some cheese for me this weak. Maybe she is trying to
>> kill me because I am not supposed to eat this sort of stuff, but I
>> have to say it would be a great way to go. It is blue cheese made from
>> pasteurized cows milk and cream. It has a texture like Brie but has no
>> rind. For those of you who like blue cheese this is one you have to try.
>
> Please elaborate!

It is similar to some of those other soft blue cheeses but much much
better.

Re: A great creamy blue cheese

<GV0MN.148089$hN14.60255@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306534&group=rec.food.cooking#306534

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 17:28:06 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 21:28 UTC

On 2024-03-24 5:17 p.m., ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> My wife picked up some cheese for me this weak. Maybe she is trying to
>> kill me because I am not supposed to eat this sort of stuff, but I
>> have to say it would be a great way to go. It is blue cheese made from
>> pasteurized cows milk and cream. It has a texture like Brie but has no
>> rind. For those of you who like blue cheese this is one you have to try.
>>
> Brand?

Sorry... I had meant to include the name. It is Saint Agur. It is made
in a small town in the south eastern France. It is made with pasteurized
milk. I wonder if they make a variation of this with raw milk, which
would probably be even better.

Re: A great creamy blue cheese

<utq7v8$jj0j$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306542&group=rec.food.cooking#306542

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 18:03:19 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 22:03 UTC

On 3/24/2024 5:23 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2024-03-24 5:09 p.m., Graham wrote:
>> On 2024-03-24 2:52 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
>>> My wife picked up some cheese for me this weak. Maybe she is trying
>>> to kill me because I am not supposed to eat this sort of stuff, but I
>>> have to say it would be a great way to go. It is blue cheese made
>>> from pasteurized cows milk and cream. It has a texture like Brie but
>>> has no rind. For those of you who like blue cheese this is one you
>>> have to try.
>>
>> Please elaborate!
>
> It is similar to some of those other soft blue cheeses but much much
> better.

Is there a brand name? Is it something someone else might find outside
of your region in Canada? Or is it purely local?

Jill

Re: A great creamy blue cheese

<2w1MN.148092$hN14.100610@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306544&group=rec.food.cooking#306544

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 18:09:02 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 22:09 UTC

On 2024-03-24 6:03 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 3/24/2024 5:23 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> Please elaborate!
>>
>> It is similar to some of those other soft blue cheeses but much much
>> better.
>>

> Is there a brand name?  Is it something someone else might find outside
> of your region in Canada?  Or is it purely local?

It is Saint Agur and it is French.

Re: A great creamy blue cheese

<utq93l$jj0j$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306547&group=rec.food.cooking#306547

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 18:22:44 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 22:22 UTC

On 3/24/2024 6:09 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2024-03-24 6:03 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

>>> It is similar to some of those other soft blue cheeses but much much
>>> better.
>>>

>> Is there a brand name?  Is it something someone else might find
>> outside of your region in Canada?  Or is it purely local?
>>
> It is Saint Agur and it is French.

Thanks!

Jill

Re: A great creamy blue cheese

<78d220a3242555c73237a34c296c05bd@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306552&group=rec.food.cooking#306552

Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 23:25:29 +0000
From: ItsJoanN...@webtv.net (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
 by: ItsJoanNotJoAnn - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 23:25 UTC

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2024-03-24 5:17 p.m., ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
>>
>> Dave Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> My wife picked up some cheese for me this weak. Maybe she is trying to
>>> kill me because I am not supposed to eat this sort of stuff, but I
>>> have to say it would be a great way to go. It is blue cheese made from
>>> pasteurized cows milk and cream. It has a texture like Brie but has no
>>> rind. For those of you who like blue cheese this is one you have to try.
>>>
>> Brand?

> Sorry... I had meant to include the name. It is Saint Agur. It is made
> in a small town in the south eastern France. It is made with pasteurized
> milk. I wonder if they make a variation of this with raw milk, which
> would probably be even better.

The brand is not familiar to me, but I'll look this week when I head to
the store.

I don't know about Canada, but if it were made with raw milk, I doubt the
USA FDA would allow its' import.

Re: A great creamy blue cheese

<6600e3ac$1$2187650$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306566&group=rec.food.cooking#306566

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: mxdu...@bell.net (Mike Duffy)
Date: 25 Mar 2024 02:38:36 GMT
 by: Mike Duffy - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 02:38 UTC

On 2024-03-24, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2024-03-24 6:03 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

> It is Saint Agur and it is French.

Is that the package with the little pool noodle?

Yep, great stuff. $10.79 for 125 grams at IGA locally.

Re: A great creamy blue cheese

<yvGdnZrEk7WZX5z7nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306582&group=rec.food.cooking#306582

From: csh...@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 18:27:16 +0000
 by: cshenk - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 18:27 UTC

Dave Smith wrote:

> My wife picked up some cheese for me this weak. Maybe she is trying
> to kill me because I am not supposed to eat this sort of stuff, but I
> have to say it would be a great way to go. It is blue cheese made
> from pasteurized cows milk and cream. It has a texture like Brie but
> has no rind. For those of you who like blue cheese this is one you
> have to try.

There are some types not bad on cholesterol. Among them (avoiding
ricotta and cottage cheese in low rat versions) are lower fat feyas,
spart skim mozzarella, reduced fat cheddar, swiss, and 'farmers cheese.