The man who runs may fight again. -- Menander

interests / soc.culture.china / China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's Ford Class - Naval News

SubjectAuthor
* China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's Fordltlee1
+* Re: China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's FordRusty Wyse
+* Re: China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's Fordwakal...@yahoo.com.sg
|`- Re: China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's FordRusty Wyse
+* Re: China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's Fordcunnard
|`- Re: China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's FordRusty Wyse
+- Re: China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's Ford Class - Navkitaro.
`- Re: China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's Ford Class - Navlobo

1
China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's Ford Class - Naval News

<3f5f1fd0-0ded-47be-8b2e-7bedb160f155n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3066&group=soc.culture.china#3066

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2021 08:06:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's Ford
Class - Naval News
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 3 Jul 2021 15:06 UTC

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/07/chinas-new-super-carrier-how-it-compares-to-the-us-navys-ford-class/

"Aircraft carriers are a strategic priority for the world’s leading navies. Experienced players such as the Royal Navy, French Navy (Marine Nationale) and Indian Navy are all in the process of bringing in new carriers.. And Japan, South Korea and likely other countries are all taking steps to join the club. But nowhere is the capability gathering steam as much as in China. The Chinese Navy (PLAN) has already commissioned two carriers based on the Russian Admiral Kutzenov class. But their third carrier, known as Type-003, promises to take the PLAN to the next level.
The Type-003 is very close in size to the U.S. Navy’s carriers. And although the definition is vague, it seems fair to also describe it as a “super carrier”.

Fresh commercial satellite imagery from Kompsat, via Shadowbreak Inti., allows us to finally measure the size and layout of the Type-003. This permits a general high-level comparison to the Ford Class."

Re: China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's Ford Class - Naval News

<91c78fec-c2b7-4b72-b627-b818794652c2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3068&group=soc.culture.china#3068

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2021 08:43:46 -0700 (PDT)
Class - Naval News
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sat, 3 Jul 2021 15:43 UTC

On Saturday, July 3, 2021 at 8:06:24 AM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:
> https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/07/chinas-new-super-carrier-how-it-compares-to-the-us-navys-ford-class/
>
> "Aircraft carriers are a strategic priority for the world’s leading navies. Experienced players such as the Royal Navy, French Navy (Marine Nationale) and Indian Navy are all in the process of bringing in new carriers. And Japan, South Korea and likely other countries are all taking steps to join the club. But nowhere is the capability gathering steam as much as in China. The Chinese Navy (PLAN) has already commissioned two carriers based on the Russian Admiral Kutzenov class. But their third carrier, known as Type-003, promises to take the PLAN to the next level.
> The Type-003 is very close in size to the U.S. Navy’s carriers. And although the definition is vague, it seems fair to also describe it as a “super carrier”.
>
> Fresh commercial satellite imagery from Kompsat, via Shadowbreak Inti., allows us to finally measure the size and layout of the Type-003. This permits a general high-level comparison to the Ford Class."

Floating death-trap against today's hypersonic weapons!!! Over a thousand feet long, running at 35 knots/hour, with thousands onboard... way too slow, too big,... against today's hypersonic weapons... It's a waste of time and money to make such weapons of the past... The Battle of Midway proved it.. Aircraft carriers were sunk on both sides...

Re: China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's Ford Class - Naval News

<771e4937-a595-4862-afe0-ddb28d0139e1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3135&group=soc.culture.china#3135

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 19:25:38 -0700 (PDT)
Class - Naval News
From: wakaluk...@yahoo.com.sg (wakal...@yahoo.com.sg)
 by: wakal...@yahoo.com.s - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 02:25 UTC

On Saturday, July 3, 2021 at 11:06:24 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/07/chinas-new-super-carrier-how-it-compares-to-the-us-navys-ford-class/
>
> "Aircraft carriers are a strategic priority for the world’s leading navies. Experienced players such as the Royal Navy, French Navy (Marine Nationale) and Indian Navy are all in the process of bringing in new carriers. And Japan, South Korea and likely other countries are all taking steps to join the club. But nowhere is the capability gathering steam as much as in China. The Chinese Navy (PLAN) has already commissioned two carriers based on the Russian Admiral Kutzenov class. But their third carrier, known as Type-003, promises to take the PLAN to the next level.
> The Type-003 is very close in size to the U.S. Navy’s carriers. And although the definition is vague, it seems fair to also describe it as a “super carrier”.
>
> Fresh commercial satellite imagery from Kompsat, via Shadowbreak Inti., allows us to finally measure the size and layout of the Type-003. This permits a general high-level comparison to the Ford Class."
----------

In a war with the US, the hundreds of airbases on China's mainland would be far more important than China's aircraft carriers, whose task would be only to form a defensive line to the east of Taiwan.

Wakalukong

Re: China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's Ford Class - Naval News

<0b247c9f-e20c-4883-bd76-f8ddf0dd047dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3158&group=soc.culture.china#3158

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 09:25:56 -0700 (PDT)
Class - Naval News
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 16:25 UTC

On Sunday, July 4, 2021 at 7:25:40 PM UTC-7, wakal...@yahoo.com.sg wrote:
> On Saturday, July 3, 2021 at 11:06:24 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> > https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/07/chinas-new-super-carrier-how-it-compares-to-the-us-navys-ford-class/
> >
> > "Aircraft carriers are a strategic priority for the world’s leading navies. Experienced players such as the Royal Navy, French Navy (Marine Nationale) and Indian Navy are all in the process of bringing in new carriers. And Japan, South Korea and likely other countries are all taking steps to join the club. But nowhere is the capability gathering steam as much as in China. The Chinese Navy (PLAN) has already commissioned two carriers based on the Russian Admiral Kutzenov class. But their third carrier, known as Type-003, promises to take the PLAN to the next level.
> > The Type-003 is very close in size to the U.S. Navy’s carriers. And although the definition is vague, it seems fair to also describe it as a “super carrier”.
> >
> > Fresh commercial satellite imagery from Kompsat, via Shadowbreak Inti., allows us to finally measure the size and layout of the Type-003. This permits a general high-level comparison to the Ford Class."
> ----------
>
> In a war with the US, the hundreds of airbases on China's mainland would be far more important than China's aircraft carriers, whose task would be only to form a defensive line to the east of Taiwan.
>
> Wakalukong

Who needs airbases??? Movable truck-launchers are readily available...
Who knows?? Maybe China's space station has hypersonic weapons...

Re: China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's Ford Class - Naval News

<sbvhtp$o8c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3161&group=soc.culture.china#3161

From: toi...@tr.com (cunnard)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Class - Naval News
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 02:10:19 +0800
 by: cunnard - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 18:10 UTC

On 3/7/2021 11:06 pm, ltlee1 wrote:
> https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/07/chinas-new-super-carrier-how-it-compares-to-the-us-navys-ford-class/
>
> "Aircraft carriers are a strategic priority for the world’s leading navies. Experienced players such as the Royal Navy, French Navy (Marine Nationale) and Indian Navy are all in the process of bringing in new carriers. And Japan, South Korea and likely other countries are all taking steps to join the club. But nowhere is the capability gathering steam as much as in China. The Chinese Navy (PLAN) has already commissioned two carriers based on the Russian Admiral Kutzenov class. But their third carrier, known as Type-003, promises to take the PLAN to the next level.
> The Type-003 is very close in size to the U.S. Navy’s carriers. And although the definition is vague, it seems fair to also describe it as a “super carrier”.
>
> Fresh commercial satellite imagery from Kompsat, via Shadowbreak Inti., allows us to finally measure the size and layout of the Type-003. This permits a general high-level comparison to the Ford Class."

Aircraft carrier is like mobile airbase bringing aircraft on strike
mission into enemy's territorial spaces.

Re: China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's Ford Class - Naval News

<ba6a99ec-9936-4719-a8b0-8d4f275b14dfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3188&group=soc.culture.china#3188

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 07:53:54 -0700 (PDT)
Class - Naval News
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Tue, 6 Jul 2021 14:53 UTC

On Monday, July 5, 2021 at 11:10:04 AM UTC-7, cunnard wrote:
> On 3/7/2021 11:06 pm, ltlee1 wrote:
> > https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/07/chinas-new-super-carrier-how-it-compares-to-the-us-navys-ford-class/
> >
> > "Aircraft carriers are a strategic priority for the world’s leading navies. Experienced players such as the Royal Navy, French Navy (Marine Nationale) and Indian Navy are all in the process of bringing in new carriers. And Japan, South Korea and likely other countries are all taking steps to join the club. But nowhere is the capability gathering steam as much as in China. The Chinese Navy (PLAN) has already commissioned two carriers based on the Russian Admiral Kutzenov class. But their third carrier, known as Type-003, promises to take the PLAN to the next level.
> > The Type-003 is very close in size to the U.S. Navy’s carriers. And although the definition is vague, it seems fair to also describe it as a “super carrier”.
> >
> > Fresh commercial satellite imagery from Kompsat, via Shadowbreak Inti., allows us to finally measure the size and layout of the Type-003. This permits a general high-level comparison to the Ford Class."
> >
> Aircraft carrier is like mobile airbase bringing aircraft on strike
> mission into enemy's territorial spaces.

And, an expensive, outdated, huge and slow target that can and will be destroyed quickly. Let's not talk of old WWII technology weapons... Today's weapons are small, fast, inexpensive missiles...

Re: China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's Ford Class - Naval News

<sce94a$vcv$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3320&group=soc.culture.china#3320

From: toi...@tr.com (kitaro.)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's Ford Class - Naval News
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 01:46:56 +0800
 by: kitaro. - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 17:46 UTC

Aircraft carrier is for projection power to reach any place and anywhere and
at any time. Aircraft carrier is a mobile airbase where it can serve as a
airbase for its aircrafts to launch and returned.

A big aircraft carrier can carry large aircrafts and also can carry large
number of aircrafts. The aircrafts can store for strike and reconnaissance
purposes. Hence, size of aircraft size matters to aircraft carrier as if it
wants to massive transport hub.

China should build up strong people;s supports so that whenever and whatever
outcome, the going forward will be courtesy and politeness to others.

"ltlee1" wrote in message

[...]

<sce94j$veb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3325&group=soc.culture.china#3325

From: broo...@gmail.com (..broomer..)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 01:47:45 +0800
 by: ..broomer.. - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 17:47 UTC

Although slow and big carriers are vulnerable to hypersonic weapons and so
on, but why are they still in demand and well-liked and well-made are
because they are big enough to be seen in a distance, and hence big enough
to be confronted and hence can be concocted a a ruse that can be used a
"bait" to lure the enemy into a incident to "confront, engage, and even
attack" it.

With such ruse and baiting tactics created into an incident of war, the
retaliatory all-out war on the enemy's country will henceforth qualify for
commencement of retaliatory action.

They will commence and ensue the war with massive bombing and make of use of
full scale invasion tactics and full-scale nuclear weapon to finish their
"game of war" on the enemy from air to ground.

Such incident will be a repeat of the good old example of the incident of
alleged attack on two US destroyer warship off the coast of Vietnam, at Gulf
of Tonkin. US used the two ships to lure and bait the Vietnamese gunboats
patrolling their seas.

The US ships told lies to their US Pentagon. They claimed they were shot
at, and they were threatened and attacked. The lies led the US president to
sign a all-out war on Vietnam with massive and full-scale bombing and troops
invasion on North Vietnam.

Therefore, carrier can be used a a bait to lure an enemy to attack it. It
can also be used as a tool to deter an enemy from attacking it, too, lest
that either action will lead to full-scale retaliatory attacks and
full-blown war will ensue.

Henceforth, it is for China to build more carriers to use the carrier to
lure and deter the enemy from attacking and threatening them. If a country
wants to travel and command in the deep blue seas, they have to have a big
ships of blue water standards to sail and ship across the rough blue oceans.

China has to have several more big carriers and hundred of ships to block
and confront any approaching enemy ships from the outer side of the war zone
areas. More carriers can block and attack even at all fronts around the
world at the same time if a world war is stirred and engaged by the enemy.

"Rusty Wyse" wrote in message

On Saturday, July 3, 2021 at 8:06:24 AM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:
> https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/07/chinas-new-super-carrier-how-it-compares-to-the-us-navys-ford-class/
>
> "Aircraft carriers are a strategic priority for the world’s leading
> navies. Experienced players such as the Royal Navy, French Navy (Marine
> Nationale) and Indian Navy are all in the process of bringing in new
> carriers. And Japan, South Korea and likely other countries are all taking
> steps to join the club. But nowhere is the capability gathering steam as
> much as in China. The Chinese Navy (PLAN) has already commissioned two
> carriers based on the Russian Admiral Kutzenov class. But their third
> carrier, known as Type-003, promises to take the PLAN to the next level.
> The Type-003 is very close in size to the U.S. Navy’s carriers. And
> although the definition is vague, it seems fair to also describe it as a
> “super carrier”.
>
> Fresh commercial satellite imagery from Kompsat, via Shadowbreak Inti.,
> allows us to finally measure the size and layout of the Type-003. This
> permits a general high-level comparison to the Ford Class."

Floating death-trap against today's hypersonic weapons!!! Over a thousand
feet long, running at 35 knots/hour, with thousands onboard... way too slow,
too big,... against today's hypersonic weapons... It's a waste of time and
money to make such weapons of the past... The Battle of Midway proved it.
Aircraft carriers were sunk on both sides...

Re: China's New Super Carrier: How It Compares To The US Navy's Ford Class - Naval News

<sce94s$vg2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3329&group=soc.culture.china#3329

From: lob...@lowe.com (lobo)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 12:22:07 +0800
 by: lobo - Sun, 4 Jul 2021 04:22 UTC

China needs to build more carriers and in different sizes, too. Blue water
convoys of warships and support ships and carriers are powerful strengths to
put them them on par with other countries when commanding the seas around
the world.

A strong air power, sea power, space power, satellite photographic and
navigation power, space station power, nuclear power, hypersonic rocket
force power, submarine power will be the need of the day for China when
confronted by threats of attack and war by enemies.

China should need 30 of big, medium, and small carriers, so that they can
carry different quantity and types of arsenals and aircrafts. More carriers
can mean more naval personnel and more manned pilots and unmanned pilots be
trained and practiced at all times.

More carriers can mean more rest rotations for sailors and pilots and crews.
More carriers can mean more efficient use of carrier for different size and
range of missions or various training objectives, and also for various
forward war missions.

More carriers can give more rotating time at sea and more rotating time at
bases for rest and maintenance. When war comes, carriers are not only for
defence, but also for forward blockage and also invasion attack too. The
enemy will be blocked and destroyed and invasion carried out.