He who has imagination without learning has wings but no feet.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

SubjectAuthor
* Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterjmcquown
+* Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterDave Smith
|`- Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterjmcquown
+- Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterHank Rogers
+* Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterItsJoanNotJoAnn
|`* Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterjmcquown
| `- Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterBruce
+- Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterCindy Hamilton
`* Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in buttercshenk
 +* Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterjmcquown
 |+- Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterBruce
 |`- Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in buttercshenk
 `* Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterD
  +* Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterGM
  |`- Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterD
  `* Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterBruce
   +* Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterEd P
   |+* Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterBruce
   ||`* Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterEd P
   || `- Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterGM
   |`- Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterD
   `- Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butterD

1
Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<uu4u6d$3ptql$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306788&group=rec.food.cooking#306788

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 19:23:55 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:23 UTC

These are from frozen so were thawed and patted quite dry with paper
towels. Melt a couple of Tbs. of butter in a fairly hot non-stick
skillet. Season the scallops with S&P and cook them them until golden
brown on each side and just opaque in the center. Don't overcrowd the
skillet. Don't over-cook scallops or they will become tough. Remove
the scallops with a slotted spoon to a plate and keep warm. Add some
fresh lemon juice to the remaining butter in the skillet and heat it and
then drizzle it over the scallops.

I'll be cooking some sliced fresh yellow squash in a little bit of
salted water in the microwave to have with the scallops.

What are you folks cooking/eating tonight?

Jill

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<W9nNN.755531$p%Mb.10275@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306791&group=rec.food.cooking#306791

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 19:36:20 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:36 UTC

On 2024-03-28 7:23 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> These are from frozen so were thawed and patted quite dry with paper
> towels.  Melt a couple of Tbs. of butter in a fairly hot non-stick
> skillet.  Season the scallops with S&P and cook them them until golden
> brown on each side and just opaque in the center.  Don't overcrowd the
> skillet.  Don't over-cook scallops or they will become tough.  Remove
> the scallops with a slotted spoon to a plate and keep warm.  Add some
> fresh lemon juice to the remaining butter in the skillet and heat it and
> then drizzle it over the scallops.
>
> I'll be cooking some sliced fresh yellow squash in a little bit of
> salted water in the microwave to have with the scallops.
>
> What are you folks cooking/eating tonight?

I am envious. I had leftover meatloaf. It's odd. I only recently
mastered meatloaf and enjoyed it 3 or 4 times in the last month and a
half. I make them big enough that that there is enough for a second
night. I told my wife tonight that it is time to take a break from it.
It has been too much of a good thing and I don't want to tire of it.

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<uu4v6v$3sge6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306792&group=rec.food.cooking#306792

From: Han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 18:41:14 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:41 UTC

jmcquown wrote:
> These are from frozen so were thawed and patted quite dry with paper
> towels.  Melt a couple of Tbs. of butter in a fairly hot non-stick
> skillet.  Season the scallops with S&P and cook them them until golden
> brown on each side and just opaque in the center.  Don't overcrowd the
> skillet.  Don't over-cook scallops or they will become tough.  Remove the
> scallops with a slotted spoon to a plate and keep warm.  Add some fresh
> lemon juice to the remaining butter in the skillet and heat it and then
> drizzle it over the scallops.
>
> I'll be cooking some sliced fresh yellow squash in a little bit of salted
> water in the microwave to have with the scallops.
>
> What are you folks cooking/eating tonight?
>
> Jill

I had exactly the same thing your majesty! But I didn't have any fresh
yellow squash.

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<uu51v6$3si2h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306804&group=rec.food.cooking#306804

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 20:28:20 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 00:28 UTC

On 3/28/2024 7:36 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2024-03-28 7:23 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> These are from frozen so were thawed and patted quite dry with paper
>> towels.  Melt a couple of Tbs. of butter in a fairly hot non-stick
>> skillet.  Season the scallops with S&P and cook them them until golden
>> brown on each side and just opaque in the center.  Don't overcrowd the
>> skillet.  Don't over-cook scallops or they will become tough.  Remove
>> the scallops with a slotted spoon to a plate and keep warm.  Add some
>> fresh lemon juice to the remaining butter in the skillet and heat it
>> and then drizzle it over the scallops.
>>
>> I'll be cooking some sliced fresh yellow squash in a little bit of
>> salted water in the microwave to have with the scallops.
>>
>> What are you folks cooking/eating tonight?
>>

> I am envious. I had leftover meatloaf.  It's odd. I only recently
> mastered meatloaf and enjoyed it 3 or 4  times in the last month and a
> half.  I make them big enough that that there is enough for a second
> night. I told my wife tonight that it is time to take a break from it.
> It has been too much of a good thing and I don't want to tire of it.

I hear ya, Dave. I do cook some things with leftovers in mind but
scallops aren't one of them.

Jill

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<27512203b9794015995cbb562cb16539@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306811&group=rec.food.cooking#306811

Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 03:33:27 +0000
From: ItsJoanN...@webtv.net (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
 by: ItsJoanNotJoAnn - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 03:33 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> These are from frozen so were thawed and patted quite dry with paper
> towels. Melt a couple of Tbs. of butter in a fairly hot non-stick
> skillet. Season the scallops with S&P and cook them them until golden
> brown on each side and just opaque in the center. Don't overcrowd the
> skillet. Don't over-cook scallops or they will become tough. Remove
> the scallops with a slotted spoon to a plate and keep warm. Add some
> fresh lemon juice to the remaining butter in the skillet and heat it and
> then drizzle it over the scallops.

> I'll be cooking some sliced fresh yellow squash in a little bit of
> salted water in the microwave to have with the scallops.

> What are you folks cooking/eating tonight?

> Jill

Another neighbor brought me a bowl of beef stew. Not great, but not
awful either.

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<6606802e$0$897425$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306818&group=rec.food.cooking#306818

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: 29 Mar 2024 08:47:42 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 08:47 UTC

On 2024-03-28, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
> These are from frozen so were thawed and patted quite dry with paper
> towels. Melt a couple of Tbs. of butter in a fairly hot non-stick
> skillet. Season the scallops with S&P and cook them them until golden
> brown on each side and just opaque in the center. Don't overcrowd the
> skillet. Don't over-cook scallops or they will become tough. Remove
> the scallops with a slotted spoon to a plate and keep warm. Add some
> fresh lemon juice to the remaining butter in the skillet and heat it and
> then drizzle it over the scallops.
>
> I'll be cooking some sliced fresh yellow squash in a little bit of
> salted water in the microwave to have with the scallops.
>
> What are you folks cooking/eating tonight?

Lunch was a falafel pita sandwich. I didn't feel very hungry at
dinnertime, so it was just a salad.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<9Hydnask1ZIIfJv7nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306842&group=rec.food.cooking#306842

From: csh...@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 15:43:17 +0000
 by: cshenk - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 15:43 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> These are from frozen so were thawed and patted quite dry with paper
> towels. Melt a couple of Tbs. of butter in a fairly hot non-stick
> skillet. Season the scallops with S&P and cook them them until
> golden brown on each side and just opaque in the center. Don't
> overcrowd the skillet. Don't over-cook scallops or they will become
> tough. Remove the scallops with a slotted spoon to a plate and keep
> warm. Add some fresh lemon juice to the remaining butter in the
> skillet and heat it and then drizzle it over the scallops.
>
> I'll be cooking some sliced fresh yellow squash in a little bit of
> salted water in the microwave to have with the scallops.
>
> What are you folks cooking/eating tonight?
>
> Jill

We baked catfish in butter with black garlic salt and did a stir fry of
red and green bell peppers, mixed sliced mushrooms, garlic and kielbasa
with olive oil.

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<uu6vg7$e9jf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306851&group=rec.food.cooking#306851

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 13:58:30 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 17:58 UTC

On 3/28/2024 11:33 PM, ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> These are from frozen so were thawed and patted quite dry with paper
>> towels.  Melt a couple of Tbs. of butter in a fairly hot non-stick
>> skillet.  Season the scallops with S&P and cook them them until golden
>> brown on each side and just opaque in the center.  Don't overcrowd the
>> skillet.  Don't over-cook scallops or they will become tough.  Remove
>> the scallops with a slotted spoon to a plate and keep warm.  Add some
>> fresh lemon juice to the remaining butter in the skillet and heat it
>> and then drizzle it over the scallops.
>
>> I'll be cooking some sliced fresh yellow squash in a little bit of
>> salted water in the microwave to have with the scallops.
>
>> What are you folks cooking/eating tonight?
>
>> Jill
>>

> Another neighbor brought me a bowl of beef stew.  Not great, but not
> awful either.

What was wrong with it? Bland? Perhaps they don't know how to season it?

Jill

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<uu6vm2$e9jf$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306852&group=rec.food.cooking#306852

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 14:01:37 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 18:01 UTC

On 3/29/2024 11:43 AM, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> These are from frozen so were thawed and patted quite dry with paper
>> towels. Melt a couple of Tbs. of butter in a fairly hot non-stick
>> skillet. Season the scallops with S&P and cook them them until
>> golden brown on each side and just opaque in the center. Don't
>> overcrowd the skillet. Don't over-cook scallops or they will become
>> tough. Remove the scallops with a slotted spoon to a plate and keep
>> warm. Add some fresh lemon juice to the remaining butter in the
>> skillet and heat it and then drizzle it over the scallops.
>>
>> I'll be cooking some sliced fresh yellow squash in a little bit of
>> salted water in the microwave to have with the scallops.
>>
>> What are you folks cooking/eating tonight?
>>
>> Jill
>
> We baked catfish in butter with black garlic salt and did a stir fry of
> red and green bell peppers, mixed sliced mushrooms, garlic and kielbasa
> with olive oil.

I'm sure you enjoyed it. Seems an odd combination to me (baked catfish)
and also stir-fried vegetables with kielbasa. We don't cook or pair
foods the same way.

Jill

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<uu71nd$ephd$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306856&group=rec.food.cooking#306856

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 05:36:29 +1100
 by: Bruce - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 18:36 UTC

On Fri, 29 Mar 2024 13:58:30 -0400, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On 3/28/2024 11:33 PM, ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> These are from frozen so were thawed and patted quite dry with paper
>>> towels.  Melt a couple of Tbs. of butter in a fairly hot non-stick
>>> skillet.  Season the scallops with S&P and cook them them until golden
>>> brown on each side and just opaque in the center.  Don't overcrowd the
>>> skillet.  Don't over-cook scallops or they will become tough.  Remove
>>> the scallops with a slotted spoon to a plate and keep warm.  Add some
>>> fresh lemon juice to the remaining butter in the skillet and heat it
>>> and then drizzle it over the scallops.
>>
>>> I'll be cooking some sliced fresh yellow squash in a little bit of
>>> salted water in the microwave to have with the scallops.
>>
>>> What are you folks cooking/eating tonight?
>>
>>> Jill
>>>
>> Another neighbor brought me a bowl of beef stew.  Not great, but not
>> awful either.
>
>What was wrong with it? Bland? Perhaps they don't know how to season it?
>
>Jill

Maybe it wasn't really beef...

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<uu739r$f7an$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306857&group=rec.food.cooking#306857

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 06:03:22 +1100
 by: Bruce - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 19:03 UTC

On Fri, 29 Mar 2024 14:01:37 -0400, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On 3/29/2024 11:43 AM, cshenk wrote:
>>
>> We baked catfish in butter with black garlic salt and did a stir fry of
>> red and green bell peppers, mixed sliced mushrooms, garlic and kielbasa
>> with olive oil.
>
>I'm sure you enjoyed it. Seems an odd combination to me (baked catfish)
>and also stir-fried vegetables with kielbasa. We don't cook or pair
>foods the same way.

cshenk is a self-proclaimed near vegetarian. That's why she has fish
with her meat.

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<92acef8a-3344-7eae-2e5e-a6e8efcd5ba4@example.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306870&group=rec.food.cooking#306870

From: nos...@example.net (D)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 12:22:58 +0100
 by: D - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 11:22 UTC

On Fri, 29 Mar 2024, cshenk wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> These are from frozen so were thawed and patted quite dry with paper
>> towels. Melt a couple of Tbs. of butter in a fairly hot non-stick
>> skillet. Season the scallops with S&P and cook them them until
>> golden brown on each side and just opaque in the center. Don't
>> overcrowd the skillet. Don't over-cook scallops or they will become
>> tough. Remove the scallops with a slotted spoon to a plate and keep
>> warm. Add some fresh lemon juice to the remaining butter in the
>> skillet and heat it and then drizzle it over the scallops.
>>
>> I'll be cooking some sliced fresh yellow squash in a little bit of
>> salted water in the microwave to have with the scallops.
>>
>> What are you folks cooking/eating tonight?
>>
>> Jill
>
> We baked catfish in butter with black garlic salt and did a stir fry of
> red and green bell peppers, mixed sliced mushrooms, garlic and kielbasa
> with olive oil.

My dinner was chicken shashlik with sides of kimchi, hummus and naan.
Quite eclectic, but very good!

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<0010aacf42ba4dd328fbe637b2a58e1f@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306873&group=rec.food.cooking#306873

From: gregorym...@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 12:40:17 +0000
 by: GM - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 12:40 UTC

D wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Mar 2024, cshenk wrote:

>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> These are from frozen so were thawed and patted quite dry with paper
>>> towels. Melt a couple of Tbs. of butter in a fairly hot non-stick
>>> skillet. Season the scallops with S&P and cook them them until
>>> golden brown on each side and just opaque in the center. Don't
>>> overcrowd the skillet. Don't over-cook scallops or they will become
>>> tough. Remove the scallops with a slotted spoon to a plate and keep
>>> warm. Add some fresh lemon juice to the remaining butter in the
>>> skillet and heat it and then drizzle it over the scallops.
>>>
>>> I'll be cooking some sliced fresh yellow squash in a little bit of
>>> salted water in the microwave to have with the scallops.
>>>
>>> What are you folks cooking/eating tonight?
>>>
>>> Jill
>>
>> We baked catfish in butter with black garlic salt and did a stir fry of
>> red and green bell peppers, mixed sliced mushrooms, garlic and kielbasa
>> with olive oil.
>>

> My dinner was chicken shashlik with sides of kimchi, hummus and naan.
> Quite eclectic, but very good!

Sounds like a menu from that fabled Cold War era Moscow restaurant, "Tastes of the Peoples of the USSR"...!!!

'-)

--
GM

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<uOKdndlfxIiQ1JX7nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306881&group=rec.food.cooking#306881

From: csh...@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 17:17:01 +0000
 by: cshenk - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 17:17 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> On 3/29/2024 11:43 AM, cshenk wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > > These are from frozen so were thawed and patted quite dry with
> > > paper towels. Melt a couple of Tbs. of butter in a fairly hot
> > > non-stick skillet. Season the scallops with S&P and cook them
> > > them until golden brown on each side and just opaque in the
> > > center. Don't overcrowd the skillet. Don't over-cook scallops
> > > or they will become tough. Remove the scallops with a slotted
> > > spoon to a plate and keep warm. Add some fresh lemon juice to
> > > the remaining butter in the skillet and heat it and then drizzle
> > > it over the scallops.
> > >
> > > I'll be cooking some sliced fresh yellow squash in a little bit of
> > > salted water in the microwave to have with the scallops.
> > >
> > > What are you folks cooking/eating tonight?
> > >
> > > Jill
> >
> > We baked catfish in butter with black garlic salt and did a stir
> > fry of red and green bell peppers, mixed sliced mushrooms, garlic
> > and kielbasa with olive oil.
>
> I'm sure you enjoyed it. Seems an odd combination to me (baked
> catfish) and also stir-fried vegetables with kielbasa. We don't cook
> or pair foods the same way.
>
> Jill

I was using up leftovers mostly but it was good!

Charlotte is now in Newark waiting for the San Diego flight home.

On or about the 4th, we find out where she goes next after deployment.
She's put in for Japan with backup to Norfolk.

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<uu9l42$153g3$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306893&group=rec.food.cooking#306893

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 05:19:44 +1100
 by: Bruce - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 18:19 UTC

On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 12:22:58 +0100, D <nospam@example.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Mar 2024, cshenk wrote:
>
>> We baked catfish in butter with black garlic salt and did a stir fry of
>> red and green bell peppers, mixed sliced mushrooms, garlic and kielbasa
>> with olive oil.
>
>My dinner was chicken shashlik with sides of kimchi, hummus and naan.
>Quite eclectic, but very good!

Was it cooked by "the wife"?

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<520f0fff-420e-95a7-2013-c03a09b3e302@example.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306894&group=rec.food.cooking#306894

From: nos...@example.net (D)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 19:20:24 +0100
 by: D - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 18:20 UTC

On Sat, 30 Mar 2024, GM wrote:

> D wrote:

>>> We baked catfish in butter with black garlic salt and did a stir fry of
>>> red and green bell peppers, mixed sliced mushrooms, garlic and kielbasa
>>> with olive oil.
>>>

>> My dinner was chicken shashlik with sides of kimchi, hummus and naan. Quite
>> eclectic, but very good!
>
> Sounds like a menu from that fabled Cold War era Moscow restaurant, "Tastes
> of the Peoples of the USSR"...!!!
>
> '-)

Well, I do live in a country that used to belong to the USSR for a while,
so you are not far off the mark!

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<6608898e$0$3711191$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306926&group=rec.food.cooking#306926

Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 17:52:14 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 21:52 UTC

On 3/30/2024 2:19 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 12:22:58 +0100, D <nospam@example.net> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 29 Mar 2024, cshenk wrote:
>>
>>> We baked catfish in butter with black garlic salt and did a stir fry of
>>> red and green bell peppers, mixed sliced mushrooms, garlic and kielbasa
>>> with olive oil.
>>
>> My dinner was chicken shashlik with sides of kimchi, hummus and naan.
>> Quite eclectic, but very good!
>
> Was it cooked by "the wife"?

The say "the" wife is so cold and impersonal.

Proper is to say "my" wife since she is your possession.

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<uua27e$18as8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306927&group=rec.food.cooking#306927

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 09:03:24 +1100
 by: Bruce - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 22:03 UTC

On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 17:52:14 -0400, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 3/30/2024 2:19 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> My dinner was chicken shashlik with sides of kimchi, hummus and naan.
>>> Quite eclectic, but very good!
>>
>> Was it cooked by "the wife"?
>
>The say "the" wife is so cold and impersonal.
>
>Proper is to say "my" wife since she is your possession.

Just like you are "her" husband.

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<6608a890$0$3711199$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306936&group=rec.food.cooking#306936

Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 20:04:33 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 00:04 UTC

On 3/30/2024 6:03 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 17:52:14 -0400, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>>> Was it cooked by "the wife"?
>>
>> The say "the" wife is so cold and impersonal.
>>
>> Proper is to say "my" wife since she is your possession.
>
> Just like you are "her" husband.

Best sung to "You Don't Own Me" Does not apply to many countries
though. Some still do female circumcision.

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<a3e231c77996e4c4336c31176aea0df8@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306938&group=rec.food.cooking#306938

From: gregorym...@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 00:26:11 +0000
 by: GM - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 00:26 UTC

Ed P wrote:

> On 3/30/2024 6:03 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> The say "the" wife is so cold and impersonal.
>>>
>>> Proper is to say "my" wife since she is your possession.
>>
>> Just like you are "her" husband.

> Best sung to "You Don't Own Me" Does not apply to many countries
> though. Some still do female circumcision.

"Wives, like tires, are replaceable..."

- George Carlin

B-)

--
GM

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<8545b77c-9ee7-ff6e-e180-f108b4ffcc76@example.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306948&group=rec.food.cooking#306948

From: nos...@example.net (D)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 10:46:21 +0200
 by: D - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 08:46 UTC

On Sun, 31 Mar 2024, Bruce wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 12:22:58 +0100, D <nospam@example.net> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 29 Mar 2024, cshenk wrote:
>>
>>> We baked catfish in butter with black garlic salt and did a stir fry of
>>> red and green bell peppers, mixed sliced mushrooms, garlic and kielbasa
>>> with olive oil.
>>
>> My dinner was chicken shashlik with sides of kimchi, hummus and naan.
>> Quite eclectic, but very good!
>
> Was it cooked by "the wife"?

Who is "the wife"? Or could it be that you mean the wife?

Re: Dinner Tonight: Sea Scallops pan seared in butter

<71b1a086-deb5-1467-9e65-571c6f523db3@example.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306952&group=rec.food.cooking#306952

From: nos...@example.net (D)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 10:53:29 +0200
 by: D - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 08:53 UTC

On Sat, 30 Mar 2024, Ed P wrote:

> On 3/30/2024 2:19 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> My dinner was chicken shashlik with sides of kimchi, hummus and naan.
>>> Quite eclectic, but very good!
>>
>> Was it cooked by "the wife"?
>
> The say "the" wife is so cold and impersonal.
>
> Proper is to say "my" wife since she is your possession.

"The wife" is truly the gift that keeps on giving! On so many levels! =)