Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 20:33:14 +0000
Subject: A Bunch of Butter
From: ItsJoanN...@webtv.net (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
 by: ItsJoanNotJoAnn - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 20:33 UTC

(Butter seems to be the theme this weekend.)

I headed to Kroger on Friday and decided on buying 7 pounds of
butter which saved me $14 over their regular price. I must say
Kroger was ready for this weeks shoppers as they had LOTS of
salted/unsalted butter in stock!

Anyway, my freezer is now storing 21 pounds of this golden goodness.
Thankfully, frozen butter is still great after prolonged freezing
with no diminishing of flavor.

Re: A Bunch of Butter

<uuabc5$1abk3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306939&group=rec.food.cooking#306939

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: A Bunch of Butter
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 19:39:27 -0500
 by: Snag - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 00:39 UTC

On 3/30/2024 3:33 PM, ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
> (Butter seems to be the theme this weekend.)
> I headed to Kroger on Friday and decided on buying 7 pounds of butter
> which saved me $14 over their regular price.  I must say Kroger was
> ready for this weeks shoppers as they had LOTS of salted/unsalted butter
> in stock!
>
> Anyway, my freezer is now storing 21 pounds of this golden goodness.
> Thankfully, frozen butter is still great after prolonged freezing
> with no diminishing of flavor.

So is bacon . Got 20 lbs or a little more in the freezer right now .
Last 10 lb box was only 1.99/lb ...
--
Snag
"They may take our lives but

Re: A Bunch of Butter

<ba3ef81779b87f428b32c7ef5d710e65@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=306946&group=rec.food.cooking#306946

Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 03:53:08 +0000
From: ItsJoanN...@webtv.net (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
 by: ItsJoanNotJoAnn - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 03:53 UTC

Snag wrote:

> On 3/30/2024 3:33 PM, ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
>>
>> My freezer is now storing 21 pounds of this golden goodness.
>> Thankfully, frozen butter is still great after prolonged freezing
>> with no diminishing of flavor.

> So is bacon . Got 20 lbs or a little more in the freezer right now .
> Last 10 lb box was only 1.99/lb ...

I've got several pounds of bacon squirreled away in the freezer, too.
But not as much as or as much as my butter hoard.