Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Subject: Comfort food tonight
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 17:55:50 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 21:55 UTC

It is cold and damp here tonight. My wife took a package of ground lamb
out of the freezer and wanted me to do something with it. It was used to
make Shepherds Pie. I always used to add a little ketchup but I really
don't care for ketchup. Instead of ketchup I added some tomato puree and
a little bit of dried thyme. It is in the oven now but when I was
assembling it I tasted it and I think it is a winner.

Re: Comfort food tonight

<0b3b545682c719acca70fb2924d553f7@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307230&group=rec.food.cooking#307230

Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 23:42:45 +0000
Subject: Re: Comfort food tonight
From: ItsJoanN...@webtv.net (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
 by: ItsJoanNotJoAnn - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 23:42 UTC

Dave Smith wrote:

> It is cold and damp here tonight. My wife took a package of ground lamb
> out of the freezer and wanted me to do something with it. It was used to
> make Shepherds Pie. I always used to add a little ketchup but I really
> don't care for ketchup. Instead of ketchup I added some tomato puree and
> a little bit of dried thyme. It is in the oven now but when I was
> assembling it I tasted it and I think it is a winner.

I worked on four pairs of blue jeans today, so I cleaned up some
leftovers in the refrigerator. I must admit the last bite was as
good as the first one when the dish was freshly made.