I didn't like the play, but I saw it under adverse conditions. The curtain was up.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: OT: Eclipse Safety

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Eclipse SafetyLeonard Blaisdell
+- Re: OT: Eclipse SafetyGM
+* Re: OT: Eclipse SafetyEd P
|`- Re: OT: Eclipse SafetyItsJoanNotJoAnn
+* Re: OT: Eclipse Safetyjmcquown
|`* Re: OT: Eclipse SafetyDave Smith
| +* Re: OT: Eclipse SafetyEd P
| |+- Re: OT: Eclipse SafetyGM
| |+* Re: OT: Eclipse SafetyDave Smith
| ||`* Re: OT: Eclipse SafetyGM
| || `* Re: OT: Eclipse SafetyHank Rogers
| ||  `- Re: OT: Eclipse SafetyGM
| |`- Re: OT: Eclipse SafetyHank Rogers
| `- Re: OT: Eclipse Safetyjmcquown
`* Re: OT: Eclipse SafetyGraham
 `- Re: OT: Eclipse SafetyHank Rogers

1
OT: Eclipse Safety

<l7b444F1s95U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307268&group=rec.food.cooking#307268

From: leoblais...@sbcglobal.net (Leonard Blaisdell)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: OT: Eclipse Safety
Date: 5 Apr 2024 20:09:40 GMT
 by: Leonard Blaisdell - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 20:09 UTC

In 2017, we had a near-total eclipse where I live, but it wasn't. The
difference is that near-total is to total as a bicycle is to a Ferrari.
At any rate, I made a cereal box viewer then, which guaranteed safe
viewing. These can be easily created with a cereal box, tinfoil, tape,
toilet roll core and google instructions. Harness your inner engineer!

<https://postimg.cc/XpCFN50n>

Can you imagine if the eclipse coincided with the earthquake this
morning? Whole new religions would appear in the blink of an eye,
while the "'science'/government complex" would tie the event to
"climate change" to maintain their hold on the gullible.

leo

Re: OT: Eclipse Safety

<31e75c52f2ec31aec80a026ab2ea4af6@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307274&group=rec.food.cooking#307274

From: gregorym...@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: OT: Eclipse Safety
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 20:53:15 +0000
 by: GM - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 20:53 UTC

Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> In 2017, we had a near-total eclipse where I live, but it wasn't. The
> difference is that near-total is to total as a bicycle is to a Ferrari.
> At any rate, I made a cereal box viewer then, which guaranteed safe
> viewing. These can be easily created with a cereal box, tinfoil, tape,
> toilet roll core and google instructions. Harness your inner engineer!

> <https://postimg.cc/XpCFN50n>

Ah, that is exactly what I made for the July 1963 eclipse, but no "google instructions", my grandma who was a teacher helped me make it, this was a HUGE thing, covering the northern Pacific, all of North America, etc... it's one of my "1963 memories", along with the loss of the USS Thresher, the four girls killed in the Birmingham church bombing, and JFK's death, and the opening of the first strip of the snazzy new US Interstate 74 and adjacent snazzy new Holiday Inn, in Galesburg, in Western Illinois...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_July_20,_1963

Solar eclipse of July 20, 1963

"A total solar eclipse occurred on July 20, 1963... Totality was visible from Hokkaido in Japan and Kuril Islands in Soviet Union (now belonging to Russia) on July 21, and Alaska, and Maine in the United States and also Canada on July 20...

"The eclipse was featured in the comic strip Peanuts (July 15–20, 1963), with Linus demonstrating a safe way of observing the eclipse as opposed to looking directly at the eclipse. On the day the eclipse passed over his area, Linus was left helplessly standing in the rain with cloud cover entirely too thick to witness the eclipse..

The eclipse was featured in the season 3 episode of Mad Men entitled "Seven Twenty Three" (2009, S03 E07)..."

> Can you imagine if the eclipse coincided with the earthquake this
> morning? Whole new religions would appear in the blink of an eye,
> while the "'science'/government complex" would tie the event to
> "climate change" to maintain their hold on the gullible.

They'd prolly institute chinese flu - like "lockdowns" and such like, lol...

SPEAKING OF WHICH, Leo:

https://wirepoints.org/u-of-illinois-gives-highest-standards-in-public-service-award-to-wait-for-it-anthony-fauci-wirepoints/

U of Illinois gives ‘highest standards in public service’ award to…wait for it…Anthony Fauci

Wirepoints April 5, 2024

"It’s truly difficult to understand how anybody, particularly in a governmental affairs unit of a major university, plus a U.S. Senator, can be this detached from reality...

The Institute of Government and Public Affairs at the University of Illinois recently awarded its annual Paul H. Douglas Award to Anthony Fauci. The award supposedly recognizes “a person who made a significant contribution to the practice and understanding of ethical behavior and fair play in government” and “promoted respect for the highest standards of public service.”

Few major figures in America fit that description less than Fauci. The award was presented by Senator Dick Durbin, who praised a benevolent version of the “Fauci Effect.” I will get back to the true Fauci Effect, but first a recap of Fauci’s errors, deceit, megalomania and outright malevolence displayed during the pandemic.

Start with this list from the liberal Slate, which is normally friendly toward the government establishment: Fauci, says Slate, was wrong about masks and asymptomatic transmission early in the pandemic. He was also wrong about vaccines stopping transmission. He was dismissive about the possibility of the lab origins of the virus….”

But that’s just the start. It was Fauci who originated the infamous “15 days to slow the spread” claim regarding lockdowns in March 2020, which was endlessly repeated but catastrophically wrong. As late as September 2020, Fauci opposed school openings until the virus was “under control.” School closings are now widely regarded as among the biggest mistakes ever in modern healthcare science. But Fauci publicly ridiculed Florida Governor Ron DeSantis for opening schools, claiming that premature re-opening “likely” led to widespread student infection.

He remains an unabashed supporter of the vaccine. There had never been an mRNA-approved vaccine before, but for Covid one was brought to market at “warp speed.” Suffice it to say that extreme controversy remains over the vaccine’s side effects and efficacy, doubts about which Fauci entirely dismissed.

The case that the National Institute of Health funded gain of function research at the Wuhan lab, which Fauci denied under oath, is now largely settled. It did, and the lab as the source of the pandemic is now widely accepted.

Regarding masks, Fauci has essentially admitted he lied when he initially said they weren’t needed, saying he did so because they were in short supply at the time. He later endorsed masking, with minimal if any evidence. He also admitted that the six-foot distancing guidance to guard against Covid, which he helped promote, had no scientific basis.

Most vicious was Fauci’s smear campaign against experts who questioned his pronouncements. Those who supported strategies more targeted on the most vulnerable or who acknowledged the role of natural immunity were dismissed by Fauci as “fringe.” They weren’t fringe, but Fauci’s campaign largely succeeded in stifling debate..."

</>

--
GM

Re: OT: Eclipse Safety

<66106805$0$2909316$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307275&group=rec.food.cooking#307275

Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 17:07:17 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 21:07 UTC

On 4/5/2024 4:09 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In 2017, we had a near-total eclipse where I live, but it wasn't. The
> difference is that near-total is to total as a bicycle is to a Ferrari.
> At any rate, I made a cereal box viewer then, which guaranteed safe
> viewing. These can be easily created with a cereal box, tinfoil, tape,
> toilet roll core and google instructions. Harness your inner engineer!
>
> <https://postimg.cc/XpCFN50n>
>
> Can you imagine if the eclipse coincided with the earthquake this
> morning? Whole new religions would appear in the blink of an eye,
> while the "'science'/government complex" would tie the event to
> "climate change" to maintain their hold on the gullible.
>
> leo

Most of the schools in this area are keeping kids inside, though some
will dismiss during the time. I don't think there will be much to see
here, but, some people will stare directly at it. Good chance I will be
out at the time it is over so no real effect for the short drive I'll be
doing.

I'm planning for the one in 2045. It will be the start of my 100th
birthday celebration.

Re: OT: Eclipse Safety

<0984f21937ee4da356edd4a3b04a3f9d@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307277&group=rec.food.cooking#307277

Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 21:29:31 +0000
From: ItsJoanN...@webtv.net (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
 by: ItsJoanNotJoAnn - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 21:29 UTC

Ed P wrote:

> Most of the schools in this area are keeping kids inside, though some
> will dismiss during the time. I don't think there will be much to see
> here, but, some people will stare directly at it. Good chance I will be
> out at the time it is over so no real effect for the short drive I'll be
> doing.

> I'm planning for the one in 2045. It will be the start of my 100th
> birthday celebration.

Some of the school districts and some of the schools within a
district are closing early due to eclipse.

If I remember correctly, the view visibility for my area is about
94 or 96%.

Re: OT: Eclipse Safety

<uupquk$1jspa$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307282&group=rec.food.cooking#307282

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 17:37:20 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 21:37 UTC

On 4/5/2024 4:09 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In 2017, we had a near-total eclipse where I live, but it wasn't. The
> difference is that near-total is to total as a bicycle is to a Ferrari.
> At any rate, I made a cereal box viewer then, which guaranteed safe
> viewing. These can be easily created with a cereal box, tinfoil, tape,
> toilet roll core and google instructions. Harness your inner engineer!
>
> <https://postimg.cc/XpCFN50n>
>
> Can you imagine if the eclipse coincided with the earthquake this
> morning? Whole new religions would appear in the blink of an eye,
> while the "'science'/government complex" would tie the event to
> "climate change" to maintain their hold on the gullible.
>
> leo

I was on the phone with a colleague in NYC when the earthquake
(epicenter in NJ) hit. He said it felt like some heavy construction
trucks driving, causing the ground to shake. I should tell him it was a
HOLY event that missed the Eclipse due to a cosmic miscalculation. ;)

Jill

Re: OT: Eclipse Safety

<66107328$0$2422113$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307284&group=rec.food.cooking#307284

Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 15:54:47 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: g.ste...@shaw.ca (Graham)
 by: Graham - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 21:54 UTC

On 2024-04-05 2:09 p.m., Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In 2017, we had a near-total eclipse where I live, but it wasn't. The
> difference is that near-total is to total as a bicycle is to a Ferrari.
> At any rate, I made a cereal box viewer then, which guaranteed safe
> viewing. These can be easily created with a cereal box, tinfoil, tape,
> toilet roll core and google instructions. Harness your inner engineer!
>
> <https://postimg.cc/XpCFN50n>
>
> Can you imagine if the eclipse coincided with the earthquake this
> morning? Whole new religions would appear in the blink of an eye,
> while the "'science'/government complex" would tie the event to
> "climate change" to maintain their hold on the gullible.
>
> leo

When I was in school and an eclipse occurred, we took some scraps
of window pane and blackened them over a candle. That was sufficient
to view the sun safely.
All my grandfather's workmen gathered at the welding shop and used
a welding mask.

Re: OT: Eclipse Safety

<xs_PN.820891$p%Mb.754740@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307285&group=rec.food.cooking#307285

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 17:56:45 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 21:56 UTC

On 2024-04-05 5:37 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/5/2024 4:09 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>> In 2017, we had a near-total eclipse where I live, but it wasn't. The
>> difference is that near-total is to total as a bicycle is to a Ferrari.
>> At any rate, I made a cereal box viewer then, which guaranteed safe
>> viewing. These can be easily created with a cereal box, tinfoil, tape,
>> toilet roll core and google instructions. Harness your inner engineer!
>>
>> <https://postimg.cc/XpCFN50n>
>>
>> Can you imagine if the eclipse coincided with the earthquake this
>> morning? Whole new religions would appear in the blink of an eye,
>> while the "'science'/government complex" would tie the event to
>> "climate change" to maintain their hold on the gullible.
>>
>> leo
>
> I was on the phone with a colleague in NYC when the earthquake
> (epicenter in NJ) hit.  He said it felt like some heavy construction
> trucks driving, causing the ground to shake.  I should tell him it was a
> HOLY event that missed the Eclipse due to a cosmic miscalculation. ;)

The only quake I ever felt was only about 3.8 and the epicentre was
about 500 miles away in central Quebec. It was a little unsettling. I
only imagine what it is like to live in an area where much worse quakes
are a common occurrence.

Re: OT: Eclipse Safety

<uuq0im$1lfcv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307304&group=rec.food.cooking#307304

From: Han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 18:13:21 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 23:13 UTC

Graham wrote:
> On 2024-04-05 2:09 p.m., Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>> In 2017, we had a near-total eclipse where I live, but it wasn't. The
>> difference is that near-total is to total as a bicycle is to a Ferrari.
>> At any rate, I made a cereal box viewer then, which guaranteed safe
>> viewing. These can be easily created with a cereal box, tinfoil, tape,
>> toilet roll core and google instructions. Harness your inner engineer!
>>
>> <https://postimg.cc/XpCFN50n>
>>
>> Can you imagine if the eclipse coincided with the earthquake this
>> morning? Whole new religions would appear in the blink of an eye,
>> while the "'science'/government complex" would tie the event to
>> "climate change" to maintain their hold on the gullible.
>>
>> leo
>
> When I was in school and an eclipse occurred, we took some scraps
> of window pane and blackened them over a candle. That was sufficient
> to view the sun safely.
> All my grandfather's workmen gathered at the welding shop and used
> a welding mask.

Your Gramps was right.
Arc welding helmets work great to view high ultraviolet scenes.

As well as an electric arc.

Re: OT: Eclipse Safety

<661089b4$0$2909310$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307312&group=rec.food.cooking#307312

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!news.bawue.net!npeer.as286.net!npeer-ng0.as286.net!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!tr2.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr3.iad1.usenetexpress.com!198.186.190.30.MISMATCH!news-out.netnews.com|netnews.com!postmaster.netnews.com!us2.netnews.com!not-for-mail
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 19:31:00 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 23:31 UTC

On 4/5/2024 5:56 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2024-04-05 5:37 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

>> I was on the phone with a colleague in NYC when the earthquake
>> (epicenter in NJ) hit.  He said it felt like some heavy construction
>> trucks driving, causing the ground to shake.  I should tell him it was
>> a HOLY event that missed the Eclipse due to a cosmic miscalculation. ;)
>>

> The only quake I ever felt was only about  3.8 and the epicentre was
> about 500 miles away in central Quebec. It was a little unsettling. I
> only imagine what it is like to live in an area where much worse quakes
> are a common occurrence.

I once felt everything shaking like never before. It was if earth was
just shuddering in its orbit. Turns out, it was my first orgasm.

Re: OT: Eclipse Safety

<4a04c5d4acd4ab87ad8ad27481d4ff41@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307314&group=rec.food.cooking#307314

From: gregorym...@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 23:44:41 +0000
 by: GM - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 23:44 UTC

Ed P wrote:

> On 4/5/2024 5:56 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2024-04-05 5:37 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

>>> I was on the phone with a colleague in NYC when the earthquake
>>> (epicenter in NJ) hit.  He said it felt like some heavy construction
>>> trucks driving, causing the ground to shake.  I should tell him it was
>>> a HOLY event that missed the Eclipse due to a cosmic miscalculation. ;)
>>>

>> The only quake I ever felt was only about  3.8 and the epicentre was
>> about 500 miles away in central Quebec. It was a little unsettling. I
>> only imagine what it is like to live in an area where much worse quakes
>> are a common occurrence.
>>

> I once felt everything shaking like never before. It was if earth was
> just shuddering in its orbit. Turns out, it was my first orgasm.

Did you tell the *nuns* about this, Ed...!!!???

--
GM

Re: OT: Eclipse Safety

<540QN.514470$vFZa.87137@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307316&group=rec.food.cooking#307316

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 19:47:13 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 23:47 UTC

On 2024-04-05 7:31 p.m., Ed P wrote:
> On 4/5/2024 5:56 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2024-04-05 5:37 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>

>>> I was on the phone with a colleague in NYC when the earthquake
>>> (epicenter in NJ) hit.  He said it felt like some heavy construction
>>> trucks driving, causing the ground to shake.  I should tell him it
>>> was a HOLY event that missed the Eclipse due to a cosmic
>>> miscalculation. ;)
>>>

>> The only quake I ever felt was only about  3.8 and the epicentre was
>> about 500 miles away in central Quebec. It was a little unsettling. I
>> only imagine what it is like to live in an area where much worse
>> quakes are a common occurrence.
>>

> I once felt everything shaking like never before.  It was if earth was
> just shuddering in its orbit.  Turns out, it was my first orgasm.

LOL Ed. The older you get the less you filter your comments.

Re: OT: Eclipse Safety

<uuq2ki$1lsio$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307317&group=rec.food.cooking#307317

From: Han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 18:48:30 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 23:48 UTC

Ed P wrote:
> On 4/5/2024 5:56 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2024-04-05 5:37 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>

>>> I was on the phone with a colleague in NYC when the earthquake
>>> (epicenter in NJ) hit.  He said it felt like some heavy construction
>>> trucks driving, causing the ground to shake.  I should tell him it was
>>> a HOLY event that missed the Eclipse due to a cosmic miscalculation. ;)
>>>

>> The only quake I ever felt was only about  3.8 and the epicentre was
>> about 500 miles away in central Quebec. It was a little unsettling. I
>> only imagine what it is like to live in an area where much worse quakes
>> are a common occurrence.
>>

> I once felt everything shaking like never before.  It was if earth was just
> shuddering in its orbit.  Turns out, it was my first orgasm.

Was it on a sunday?

Did you eat a VSTD meal afterwards?

Please post when you whack off ed p.

Re: OT: Eclipse Safety

<159ef5c804846537d58972480a166f87@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307321&group=rec.food.cooking#307321

From: gregorym...@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 00:11:41 +0000
 by: GM - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 00:11 UTC

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2024-04-05 7:31 p.m., Ed P wrote:

>>> The only quake I ever felt was only about  3.8 and the epicentre was
>>> about 500 miles away in central Quebec. It was a little unsettling. I
>>> only imagine what it is like to live in an area where much worse
>>> quakes are a common occurrence.
>>>

>> I once felt everything shaking like never before.  It was if earth was
>> just shuddering in its orbit.  Turns out, it was my first orgasm.

> LOL Ed. The older you get the less you filter your comments.

Jill here is dreaming of starring on the "Orgasms With Ed Show", lol...

--
GM

Re: OT: Eclipse Safety

<uuq66e$1mkik$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307324&group=rec.food.cooking#307324

From: Han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 19:49:13 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 00:49 UTC

GM wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I once felt everything shaking like never before.  It was if earth was
>>> just shuddering in its orbit.  Turns out, it was my first orgasm.
>
>> LOL Ed. The older you get the less you filter your comments.
>
> Jill here is dreaming of starring on the "Orgasms With Ed Show", lol...

Nah. jill don't give a shit about anyone but jill.

But nature abhors a vacuum. Someone must take kuth's place. So, you'll be
seeing lots of whack-off stories from ed p.

Who knows, maybe you'll end up being the new squirt man. Her majesty will
giggle and fawn when you post outrageous stories.

Re: OT: Eclipse Safety

<e426bdb50ebdd021b584cb960b6231b1@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307328&group=rec.food.cooking#307328

From: gregorym...@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 02:00:45 +0000
 by: GM - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 02:00 UTC

Hank Rogers wrote:

> GM wrote:
>> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> LOL Ed. The older you get the less you filter your comments.
>>
>> Jill here is dreaming of starring on the "Orgasms With Ed Show", lol...
>>

> Nah. jill don't give a shit about anyone but jill.

> But nature abhors a vacuum. Someone must take kuth's place. So, you'll be
> seeing lots of whack-off stories from ed p.

Nope, Ed is too nice a guy, and too well - mannered to engage in that sorta wierd stuff...

> Who knows, maybe you'll end up being the new squirt man. Her majesty will
> giggle and fawn when you post outrageous stories.

The day I become Sqwertz, and also when Jill "giggles and fawns" all over me will be the day I know I'll stick my head in a gas oven, lol...

Both "fates" are too much of a "cross to bear", I'm afraid...

--
GM

Re: OT: Eclipse Safety

<uur2te$2065a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=307331&group=rec.food.cooking#307331

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 04:59:21 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 08:59 UTC

On 4/5/2024 5:56 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2024-04-05 5:37 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> On 4/5/2024 4:09 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>>> In 2017, we had a near-total eclipse where I live, but it wasn't. The
>>> difference is that near-total is to total as a bicycle is to a Ferrari.
>>> At any rate, I made a cereal box viewer then, which guaranteed safe
>>> viewing. These can be easily created with a cereal box, tinfoil, tape,
>>> toilet roll core and google instructions. Harness your inner engineer!
>>>
>>> <https://postimg.cc/XpCFN50n>
>>>
>>> Can you imagine if the eclipse coincided with the earthquake this
>>> morning? Whole new religions would appear in the blink of an eye,
>>> while the "'science'/government complex" would tie the event to
>>> "climate change" to maintain their hold on the gullible.
>>>
>>> leo
>>
>> I was on the phone with a colleague in NYC when the earthquake
>> (epicenter in NJ) hit.  He said it felt like some heavy construction
>> trucks driving, causing the ground to shake.  I should tell him it was
>> a HOLY event that missed the Eclipse due to a cosmic miscalculation. ;)
>>

> The only quake I ever felt was only about  3.8 and the epicentre was
> about 500 miles away in central Quebec. It was a little unsettling. I
> only imagine what it is like to live in an area where much worse quakes
> are a common occurrence.

I was a teen in Memphis TN in 1976 when an earthquake hit along the New
Madrid fault. The epicenter about 200 miles north of us. It was a 4.9
and we felt it. My mother was out of town because her father had died.
:( My father and I were alone in the house. I was in my bedroom
reading when the bedside lamp started to shake. I got up and walked to
the doorway and felt a jolt. The ground shook for a few seconds. My
father was in the den watching TV. I went in there and he told me to
pack a bag in case we had to evacuate. I remember saying, "Evacuate to
where?" Implication: there aren't exactly any earthquake shelters
around. Later he called my mother and told her there was an earthquake.
She thought he was joking.

Jill